Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SD's best receiver out for most of season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
    Wow, this went from a clown on Vincent Brown's broken ankle thread to a Gates hate thread in about two seconds.

    All you haters better prepare for the cold hard truth: Gates is back and feeling great. And, despite what you all might think, Gates is not over the hill by any means. He's going to have a great season.
    He's hoping the Chargers dissolve this year along with the rest of them.
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
      He was soo bad he didnt even practice last year & still put up decent stats. Now hes healthy & able to practice everyday & has even lost some weight. Add in the fact that with the departure of VJ, Not being totally on the same page with Meachem & the fact the Floyd can never make it a 16 game schedule all tends to point towards Rivers throwing to Gates early & often all year. It wouldnt suprise me if he puts up career numbers this season.
      Wow talk about being down on the roster, Meachem is good when he can get the ball in his hands but yes hes not as easy of a target to hit as VJ and your right about Floyd. All im saying is Gates is at a point in his career where hes had the same nagging injury for 2 years now, when that happens its rare for a player to come out at 100% or even manage to stay healthy.

      Gates maybe heavily relied on this year but that may not be a good thing since it could just mean a higher chance of injury. Ive had Gates on my fantasy league several times in the past and even won a championship with him Manning and McCoy and Rice (McCoys rookie year). I respect Gates but the guys 32 hes only got a few years left, and for your sake ild rather have him play a little less and have a few more years.
      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
        He's hoping the Chargers dissolve this year along with the rest of them.
        Cant deny that a team thats been good 1/4 of the time in its existence (with nothing to show for it) and lacks loyal fans isnt a stink on the division (that and if the Seahawks didnt leave when they did Ild of been able to see my Broncos easier now. Though when I was in Cal I got more Bronco games then Charger games thanks to the blackouts). Yet I have to say Rivers makes the division interesting, and without baph these threads would be boring.

        Honestly I wish the Clippers and Chargers switched back, the Clippers wouldnt be all that appreciated in SD but at least they wouldnt be treated like the "other team", and despite the fact LA is raiders territory I think theyld be happy having the Chargers.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
          Cant deny that a team thats been good 1/4 of the time in its existence (with nothing to show for it) and lacks loyal fans isnt a stink on the division (that and if the Seahawks didnt leave when they did Ild of been able to see my Broncos easier now. Though when I was in Cal I got more Bronco games then Charger games thanks to the blackouts). Yet I have to say Rivers makes the division interesting, and without baph these threads would be boring.

          Honestly I wish the Clippers and Chargers switched back, the Clippers wouldnt be all that appreciated in SD but at least they wouldnt be treated like the "other team", and despite the fact LA is raiders territory I think theyld be happy having the Chargers.
          I don't know if you realize this but I think we have more Raider fans in San Diego than Charger fans, at least it seems that way, especially on Raider day at Qualcomm we are outnumbered for some odd reason.
          Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

          Comment


          • #20
            lol

            During SD's PRE2 game they were trying to sell tickets by packaging up multiple games. AJ Smith was a guest in the booth and talked about how selling Bronco game tickets with another non-divisional game will keep the Bronco fans away hopefully. I LOL'd
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
              lol

              During SD's PRE2 game they were trying to sell tickets by packaging up multiple games. AJ Smith was a guest in the booth and talked about how selling Bronco game tickets with another non-divisional game will keep the Bronco fans away hopefully. I LOL'd
              You bronco fans of this board seem to be always up to speed on what's happening with the San Diego Chargers, even before many Chargers know it. Do you guys actually get up at 4am and start googling "San Diego Chargers" first thing even before coffee?
              Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                You bronco fans of this board seem to be always up to speed on what's happening with the San Diego Chargers, even before many Chargers know it. Do you guys actually get up at 4am and start googling "San Diego Chargers" first thing even before coffee?
                Actually I google joke of the league and I usually get plenty of Charger info




                Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                  I don't know if you realize this but I think we have more Raider fans in San Diego than Charger fans, at least it seems that way, especially on Raider day at Qualcomm we are outnumbered for some odd reason.
                  Ive been there during Broncos games and you were outnumbered. Heck most of the fans didnt show themselves till it was obvious the team was going to the playoffs or had a large win streak.

                  Though I will admit driving 3 hours on the weekend to see my team play was insane, I miss having the chance even when the Seahawks played the Broncos last year in Seattle I couldnt get a ticket. I wish I took Qualcomm for granted.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                    Actually I google joke of the league and I usually get plenty of Charger info
                    Why are so many Bronco fans of this board so obsessed then with what you are calling "the joke of the league"?
                    You are basing this on the Chargers not having a ring but recently you have got to admit the dysfunctional Broncos have been the joke of the league in the playoffs since 2000 and more recently regular season choke artists of the league with a lucky break backing into the playoffs last year then getting ushered out of the playoffs AGAIN in a totally humiliating fashion...not even CLOSE.
                    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                      Actually I google joke of the league and I usually get plenty of Charger info
                      Sorry thats the Lions, but since everyone rags on the Lions constantly the SD fans must think that they are the greatest Rivals of every team in the NFL. Yet the chargers are great NFL punching bag

                      1) Lions
                      2) Cardinals
                      3) Bengals
                      4) Falcons
                      5) Bills
                      6) Chargers
                      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 08-23-2012, 11:45 AM.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                        Sorry thats the Lions, but since everyone rags on the Lions constantly the SD fans must think that they are the greatest Rivals of every team in the NFL. Yet the chargers are great NFL punching bag

                        1) Lions
                        2) Cardinals
                        3) Bengals
                        4) Falcons
                        5) Bills
                        6) Chargers
                        I know there was clearly sarcasim there but seeing the rise I get from that statement is pretty funny lol. And I don't google those things, because 1 I don't get up that early, and 2 I hate coffee.




                        Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                          I know there was clearly sarcasim there but seeing the rise I get from that statement is pretty funny lol. And I don't google those things, because 1 I don't get up that early, and 2 I hate coffee.
                          I saddly have to get up that early for work


                          Still I find it amusing they take pride in being a punching bag. Though nothings been more fun when a cocky Bills fan entere the frey every 2 or 3 years because they are on a tare only to have everyone in the room bash them because they always find a way to mess it up.

                          Bengals fans dont come here to much, but they are truly the joke of the AFC
                          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 08-23-2012, 12:16 PM.
                          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                            I saddly have to get up that early for work


                            Still I find it amusing they take pride in being a punching bag. Though nothings been more fun when a cocky Bills fan entere the frey every 2 or 3 years because they are on a tare only to have everyone in the room bash them because they always find a way to mess it up
                            But I like fitz he is a good poster, and I almost do feel bad for him because his team does start out so promising.




                            Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                              But I like fitz he is a good poster, and I almost do feel bad for him because his team does start out so promising.
                              Being the best player on a losing team is like being the best inmate on death row, in the end it doesnt matter much because your all going down sometime.

                              If it werent for Waner though I think most people would have forgotten the Cardinals even existed.
                              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                                Being the best player on a losing team is like being the best inmate on death row, in the end it doesnt matter much because your all going down sometime.

                                If it werent for Waner though I think most people would have forgotten the Cardinals even existed.
                                No I ment FitzMagic the poster on these boards that is a Bills fan.




                                Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X