Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manning's Arm Strength Being Questioned. 2008/09 form or 2010 form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Ask the Chargers' secondary, after all your team was swept by the Broncos in 2012. In those games, Manning threw for 579 yards (8.0 YPA) and 6 touchdowns. Not bad.
    Yes we choked and collapsed vs the Broncos this year. I wasn't thrilled about that at all. Something mysterious happens to Peyton in the playoffs though he goes into full throttle "choke" mode. When he lost to the 8-8 non winning Chargers in 2008 those Colt fans were really pissed kinda like all of you are right now

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Ask the Chargers' secondary, after all your team was swept by the Broncos in 2012. In those games, Manning threw for 579 yards (8.0 YPA) and 6 touchdowns. Not bad.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    I'm sticking with my guns here.
    Manning has problems and is not a deep threat at all.
    Thats because your trolling...duh:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• orangebarrel
    replied
    Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    He's good enough to smash the AFCW every year and give us a chance in the playoffs huh? Face it norings, if Rahim Moore makes a routine play on the ball we're not having this discussion are we?

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    He's never had elite arm strength to begin with.

And for a "Chargers" fan, you make more posts about the Broncos then your own team, kinda sad...

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    The INT's he threw last night had more to do with reading coverage than arm strength.
    True though he had 2 that were 30+ yards down field that were picks one was deflected and the other was overthrown (mostly due to impeding coverage, but the DT needs to learn to sell that)

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    The INT's he threw last night had more to do with reading coverage than arm strength.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Hes had plenty of throws down deep in fact 18% of his passes are thrown deep (4% less then Rivers), but many of them have been dropped deflected or intercepted. Were in a variation of offense that doesnt rely on deep throws that much so its nothing to worry about. This is not the same offense Peyton ran in Indy its more run oriented with a lot more attacking in the flats (a variation of west coast and hurry up). Now his accuracy on the deep throws is not what it used to be.

I am sorry but your stats are wrong and once again your smack shows you dont watch the games your smacking about. Ryan and Schaub throw it deep less often then he does and noone is worried about there arm strength.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-18-2012, 01:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Manning's Arm Strength Being Questioned. 2008/09 form or 2010 form?

Some Denver fans think after week 1's performance vs the Steelers Manning had no rust and he's back to his 2008/09 form in every way. What a rude awakening.

Manning's Arm Strength nowhere close to 2008/09 form

In terms of arm strength...I feel (and John Elway would agree) that Manning is not who most Denver fans think he is, not even close. Manning has a long way to go as was proved in last nights performance. I think Manning knows this himself in spite of many Denver fans "no rust" opinions.

SHORT THROWS: 39 of 54 (72.2%), 423 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT

DEEP THROWS: 4 of 9 (44.4%), 71 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs*

Plenty adequate turned into a potential problem on the deep seam routes that he likes to hit as a counter to the crosses and curls (Chris Brown of Smart Football detailed the various Manning pass concepts). We’ll see if those were just some interceptions that will balance out, or if teams will notice that Manning has thrown only 14% of his throws deep and not with as much success, and adjust.

To put that in some perspective, Manning’s last five years featured the following deep throw percentages: 21.0%, 20.3%, 19.6%, 21.3%, 21.8%. Using Advanced NFL Stats percentages, the only quarterbacks with a lower deep throw percentage last year than Manning’s current one were Colt McCoy, Josh Freeman, and Dan Orlovsky.

Manning has said that he’s not back yet, and it’s a work in progress. Elway, earlier this week, said his arm strength is “probably not where he wants it to be. I don’t know if it’ll ever be where he wants it to be, but to me, it’s plenty adequate right now.”

I guess Denver fans didn't get the memo?

Discuss.
    Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 09-18-2012, 01:10 PM.
Working...
X