Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manning winning another Big One in Denver? Not so fast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Baph wins this thread.

He's the only one who picked "no but will choke in the playoffs".
    Pure genious.

Look at all 31 orange colored sun glass posters with choice #1 (ralph!)
    Manning retired? hey at least now the Chargers have a chance to not get blown out by the Broncos

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    Baph wins this thread.

Pure genious.

He still has a few more years to make number 1 a reality i think...just saying.

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Baph wins this thread.

Pure genious.

Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 01-14-2013, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSheriff View Post
    50 is average for qbr. 70 is actually pretty amazing. over the course of a season only a handful of qbs will have a qbr above 70.

and yeah peyton is winning the sb this year with the broncos.
    Chargers will be sitting at home watching it like always
    Sheriff where are you at? Skip town?

Leave a comment:

• orangebarrel
    replied
    I'm sticking to my guns. Manning won't win the big one in Denver or anywhere ever again.
    Funny how his thread took off recently with donkeys voting for Manning to win a big one
    Manning gives us the best shot to win the SB since Elway. We have a pretty good shot this year

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    I'm sticking to my guns. Manning won't win the big one in Denver or anywhere ever again.
    Funny how this thread took off recently with donkeys voting for Manning to win a big one
    Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 11-25-2012, 04:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    What happened? NoWinsNoShow?

Leave a comment:

• Puddleglum
    replied
    What was Elway thinking when he signed Manning to a $96 million contract?
    Was he really thinking "Super Bowl" or just "Contending" or just "Playoffs", or just "winning season(s)"? I think he was thinking "beat the Chargers"
    I'd bet he was thinking that if he can pull in Peyton and he stays healthy the Broncos will have it made for years. For what it's worth Elway made some BIG (and somewhat risky) FA moves that are paying off in a big way, and I include Del Rio in that. Of course the HC that seems intent on embarrassing the Chargers is a San Diego guy himself...hmmmmm must be an angry fan...Go figure.

Anyway, I realize there are a lot of Denver fans thinking Manning has returned back to his 2008/09 form and is going to win them 1 if not 2 more rings before he hangs up his cleats. Get real, this has never happened to a Championship QB after he switched teams late in his career.
    If anyone can upturn that stat it's Peyton Manning. The offense will only get better and that Defense has the same potent pass rush that enabled the giants to top the Patriots for 2 rings. The Broncos have what it takes, whoever they play in a SB would make for a heck of a game. Oddly enough, I think a "Manning-Bowl" actually seems like a good match up for once.

Most importantly after those two crushing defeats of the Chargers the Broncos seem to have gotten a second wind. They have momentum and if they played the teams they lost to earlier in the season now, I don't think they would lose.

None, in other words, did what Manning is trying to pull off AND what Elway is delusionally confident of.

One thing is for sure, you can't teach an old "Colt" new "Donkey Tricks".

Vote and Discuss.
    It is my understanding that most people who are "passionate" about something also tend to be rather delusional about it. Unfortunately I think it is that blind devotion to whatever it is that they attach themselves to that makes them good at that chosen area. With that in mind we need more crazy in San Diego.

PS. What's with the 3 "No" options and 1 "Yes" option?

I need a good solid "Maybe"
    Last edited by Puddleglum; 11-24-2012, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
    Peyton Manning gives us a chance to win one, what more can you ask for? No addition can guarantee anything.
    Still this.

The Ravens and Pats have been two of the top 3 teams in the AFC the past 4 years, zero SB wins. It's a one game elimination, one off game and you are done (Packers last year) Any team in the league can beat anyone in one game.

Just get in somewhat healthy and let the chips fall where they may.

Leave a comment:

• PunchDrunk
    replied
    When John Elway gave Peyton the farm in order to entice him into coming to the Mile High City, he did so thinking that Peyton could do the one thing that Brian Griese, Gus Frerotte, Steve Beuerlein, Danny Kannell, Jarious Jackson, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, Chris Simms, Kyle Orton, or Tim Tebow couldn't do.

Win another Super Bowl.

As great as it would be to see one of the greatest of all time hoisting the Lombardi Trophy overhead one more time it just isn't going to happen. History says so.

Farve, Montana, Namath, and Unitas....(all four great QBs)..had one thing in common...they all failed to win the Super Bowl after switching teams late in their careers. While its still up in the air if Peyton Manning will make a huge difference in the regular season and in the post season fortunes of the Broncos, he is only one man and one man can only do so much. He might just be washed up sooner than people expect him to be.
    Records are made to be broken. And Kurt Warner almost did it.

Leave a comment:

• freaky
    replied
    What a difference 2 months make....

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOLT
    replied
    Any given sunday

Leave a comment:

• MileHighMaven
    replied
    I don't know why non-fans are concerned whether the Broncos win their third Super Bowl with Peyton. Waste of time for them, I would think. I guess the old phrase "There's a first time for everything" would apply here...I'm thinking we have a great chance to be the first to do it.

Leave a comment:

• thuglife
    replied
    Manning in Den > chargers/rivers. Get Peyton in the playoffs I like his chances just as much as the other elite qbs. Also Denver had a good D. Phillip says its best he's played vs Denver ever....

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X