Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Philip Rivers still elite

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 619chargerfan View Post
    Why are u talking about playoff scenarios as if they were right around the corner or set in stone? Theres 8 games to go and denver has a 1 game lead not a 7 game lead with 8 to play, seems a little premature.
    I'll even make a sig bet with you that we make the playoffs. The Broncos are going 10-6 ATLEAST. But realistically 11-5 or 12-4. After the Chargers could only hang 6 points on the Browns... i'd say you guys are toast.
    UNITED IN ORANGE!

    Comment


    • Yup... Phillip Rivers blows as do the Chargers
      And i would love to hear why anybody would think differently...
      Better accept it and move on, or just get used to it Charger fans.
      UNITED IN ORANGE!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by orangebarrel View Post
        I'll even make a sig bet with you that we make the playoffs. The Broncos are going 10-6 ATLEAST. But realistically 11-5 or 12-4. After the Chargers could only hang 6 points on the Browns... i'd say you guys are toast.
        Im new to posting in forums i dont know what a sig bet is.
        I also think they will make the playoffs but im sure u felt even more sure about that when u guys were 6-0. All im saying is i think its too early to say its in the bag regardless of schedule.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          according to me, you are incapable of reading comprehension and you obviously have no clue what i am saying.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            except history proves you wrong. how many times do i have to post facts directly at you to show you that you are wrong?

            rivers has played well in the past without his weapons, it'd a fact. not having key weapons doesn't cause him to throw passes he shouldn't and normally wouldn't have thrown a few years ago, being uncomfortable in the pocket and not trusting your OL does.

            also, rivers played quite well without LT, that is pretty dumb to even mention LT. LT helped him his first two years as a starter, that's about it.

            the chargers also never feature just one or two guys in their offense, they have always spread the ball around and have gotten a lot of different guys involved.

            its not just because we are missing sproles and jackson lol

            i do agree we are missing jackson though. not because rivers cant be successful without him, because again its a proven fact that he can and has without him, but because our receiver core as a whole isn't very good.

            rivers has one WR he can trust right now, that's it.

            but do carry on with your delusional and inaccurate ranting, you cant even smack talk rivers right when you clearly have the opportunity to do so.

            not that it surprises me one bit.
            ok so what your saying is previously in a season, rivers has played well without all his prime targets playing together, and was great under pressure

            but somewhere along the line his weak mental state collapsed and he quakes with fear at the slightest sign of pressure up the middle, willing to just chuck it up for an int rather than take a hit

            thats about what im getting
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

            Comment


            • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              ok so what your saying is previously in a season, rivers has played well without all his prime targets playing together, and was great under pressure

              but somewhere along the line his weak mental state collapsed and he quakes with fear at the slightest sign of pressure up the middle, willing to just chuck it up for an int rather than take a hit

              thats about what im getting
              lol that is a bit of an over dramatization of it.

              i don't think he throws it up for grabs so he doesn't take a hit, but i do think he is extremely uncomfortable in the pocket now and is trying to force plays down field.

              yes the pressure up the middle is bothering him, i don't know how many times i have to say this but....the dude is doing designed rollouts.

              that tells you right there he isn't comfortable in the pocket and doesn't trust his pass blocking. when rivers was dominating did you ever see him do designed roll outs?

              no, he stood there in the pocket and stepped up when he felt pressure from the outside. if rivers runs outside of the pocket its basically a busted play and he either makes a dumb mistake or just throws it away.

              rarely does he ever make a decent throw on the run outside of the pocket, that just isn't his game.

              but like i said, that's no excuse for how poorly he is playing, especially with the bad decision making down field. he should be able to fight through it and still protect the ball better by throwing it away when nothing is there.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 619chargerfan View Post
                Why are u talking about playoff scenarios as if they were right around the corner or set in stone? Theres 8 games to go and denver has a 1 game lead not a 7 game lead with 8 to play, seems a little premature.
                they have been doing that since week 1 lol

                as of right now, i don't really blame them, its their division to lose.

                Comment


                • No he lost his elite ness
                  Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X