No announcement yet.

Should we start looking for another QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we start looking for another QB?

Obviously Rivers is not getting it done nor never probably will.

Discuss.
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Charlie Whithurst is the SAVIOR!!!

Comment

no....keep him, norve and aj....they will put it together soon...ok
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Rivers is not the problem.

OL is pretty bad, need a LT.

Top 3 receivers are Meacham, Floyd and Royal.

Thats the problem

Comment

Put Norv in as QB

sigpic
          2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
          2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
          BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

You should probably get a new city to relocate to. The Chargers are and always have been a joke. Rivers will win a ring when he leaves that joke of a city.
            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
              Obviously Rivers is not getting it done nor never probably will.

Discuss.
              Even though I am usually hot-headed when it comes to players and production, I am still not ready to kick Rivers to the curb.

We lost 2 Pro-bowlers on the O-line, and one WR of that level. You're GOING to have a change in production. Two WR's that are new to our system (or maybe just suck if some of these street pickups are to be believed) and an overrated run game. Is Phil out there forcing plays? He sure is, aside from that freaking Bronco game this year he is damning us with INT's however I don't think we'd stand much of a chance in games if he were reined in (and don't bring up the Chiefs, not entirely sure that team has a pulse at the moment). I am of the belief that we simply have terrible coaches in SD (there are some gems, ST, WR, D). You know who we need? We need a hard-line motivator...someone who has played themselves...someone who knows about "the gleam"...I kid, I kid but frankly at the end of the day, who wants to work for San Diego? I think that list is shorter than we imagine even with AJ gone.

It was interesting watching Schiano today; managing a clock, his players looked prepared, and he even seemed capable of making adjustments at the half! Boy, must be nice to have a coach even capable of even one of those things.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                Rivers is not the problem.

OL is pretty bad, need a LT.

Top 3 receivers are Meacham, Floyd and Royal.

Thats the problem
                this ^^ and its not just the LT either. the rollout pick 6 rivers threw is a perfect example of what i have been talking about around here lately.

he needs to stay in the damn pocket, that's so annoying i swear!
                sigpic

Comment

Big Ben routinely plays with a garbage Oline.

These excuses are only going to last so long.........
                  sigpic

Comment

What happened to Rivers honestly?

Not even smack he was so good it drove me crazy...what happened?

I know... the one year I draft him in fantasy that's what.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                      What happened to Rivers honestly?

Not even smack he was so good it drove me crazy...what happened?

I know... the one year I draft him in fantasy that's what.
                      Deficit of talent at skill positions that used to mask issues/ playcalling/ inability to effectively check out of bad plays. I've seen him miss a fairly obvious blitz (to me at least) on more than a few occasions. If I can see it on the TV, he should see it right in front of his face and call out the protections.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                        Big Ben routinely plays with a garbage Oline.

These excuses are only going to last so long.........
                        Roethlisberger is athletic enough to move around and run when he gets pressure. In fact, he may be the best in the NFL at avoiding pressure.

Rivers isn't near as athletic, so when he tries to run he looks like a giraffe that just got shot in the ass by as tranquilizer dart.
                        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                        Adopted By:
                        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                        Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                          Roethlisberger is athletic enough to move around and run when he gets pressure. In fact, he may be the best in the NFL at avoiding pressure.
                          Manning avoids pressure like a champ, and his about as nimble as a newborn calf. Pocket awareness, those guys have it, that's how they avoid sacks/ pressure etc. Rivers gets hit, and starts anticipating pressure, and hurries throws he doesn't need to, moves out of the pocket when he doesn't need to etc.

He's playing scared, and that just can't happen as a QB. I don't care how bad your Oline is.

Rivers isn't near as athletic, so when he tries to run he looks like a giraffe that just got shot in the ass by as tranquilizer dart.
                          sigpic

Comment

gotta laugh at these bolt excuses

somebody needs to remind them of their insistance that a horrible line and no receivers was no excuse for cutler when he went to the bears....suddenly its a golden excuse
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I still believe Rivers can be one of the top in the game, and while I still hold that most of San Diego's problems relate to the FO and coaching decisions, it's time for all teams with mediocre QBs to have a gut check.

In this pass-friendly league that gets even pass-friendlier seemingly every game, the QB has no excuse not to be great. Every single QB that is currently sucking like a Hoover should be benched. It's now the time in the NFL of immediate development and success.

And rightly so. If you clearly suck over a stretch with these types of talents around you, with these types of rules that give you such an advantage over the defense, you should be benched.

Rivers needs something to spark his fire right now, or yes, San Diego should start looking elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X