Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any Chief fans stupid enough to come here and talk smack about this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Good for you, I guess. I would say that a majority of loyal Chiefs fans support the black out movement and that is absolutely justified barring the circumstances. I can't wait to see how pissed off Chiefs fans get when they win some of these last few games and don't have the opportunity to draft #1.

Comment

Originally posted by The94thHour View Post
      ^ Good for you, I guess. I would say that a majority of loyal Chiefs fans support the black out movement and that is absolutely justified barring the circumstances. I can't wait to see how pissed off Chiefs fans get when they win some of these last few games and don't have the opportunity to draft #1.
      That's exactly what I was thinking, the chiefs are most likely feeling very little pressure at this point. Which can translate to Ws on the field which would mean no Matt Barkley, no Geno Smith, no Landry Jones but yet another season of Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell at the helm. Oh and possibly Norv Turner as the new head coach after san diego fires em. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
        Oh and possibly Norv Turner as the new head coach after san diego fires em. Lol
        Noooooooooooooo! Not No-way Norv Turner? Not sure any of those QBs are much better than what we have anyway. No Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin; more like Alex Smith or Carson Palmer. Ok talent, nothing special...

CK

Comment

If the Chiefs trade for Alex Smith I will literally implode from the summation of bonehead decisions this team has made in the last decade. "Yeah, let's trade for a guy that lost his spot to a rookie. I'm sure he'll pan out better than the other two backups we've signed."

Comment

If the Chiefs trade for Alex Smith I will literally implode from the summation of bonehead decisions this team has made in the last decade. "Yeah, let's trade for a guy that lost his spot to a rookie. I'm sure he'll pan out better than the other two backups we've signed."
            Smith is a good QB. Kapernick is a good football player who happens to have rare athleticism. I think he has the kind of athleticism that Cam Newton has, but he's probably got a better head on his shoulders than Newton does.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Smith isn't that good. That's why he's not starting anymore. There is a difference between elite QBs and QBs who aren't. He is definitely on the other side of that line. His last 20 or so games have gone really well for him, but look at the team he has behind him. Perphaps the best defense in the league and the plethora of weapons he has at his disposal are the reasons he has won. KC has very little talent, certainly less than the 49ers, and he won't pan out there.
              Last edited by The94thHour; 11-26-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

KC has very little talent, certainly less than the 49ers, and he won't pan out there.
                Alex Smith isn't that good and I don't believe he would pan out in KC either, but KC has a lot more talent than you think. They have talent at almost every position except for quarterback. Throw in Geno Smith or Matt Barkley and they are an instant contender (with a better head coach as well). I'm not saying they have play makers but yes they do have a ton of obscene talent on that team....
                Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-26-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

KC does have some young athletic talent, and its statistically one of the hardest places to win late in the year, unlike SD where the home crowed never shows up to make a difference lol.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                    Alex Smith isn't that good and I don't believe he would pan out in KC either, but KC has a lot more talent than you think. They have talent at almost every position except for quarterback. Throw in Geno Smith or Matt Barkley and they are an instant contender (with a better head coach as well). I'm not saying they have play makers but yes they do have a ton of obscene talent on that team....
                    I don't understand why people around here think that the Chiefs have "talent". Just because they played the Broncos close last week does not mean that they are anywhere near righting the ship here. The only "talent" I see on this team is Jamaal Charles. He's a legitimate threat between the tackles but in terms of recievers they have NO ONE formidable. Bowe is a #2 on most any other team and Jonathan Baldwin is absolutely horrible. Moeaki is probably a top 15 TE at best. Where is the talent?!

Comment

Smith isn't that good. That's why he's not starting anymore. There is a difference between elite QBs and QBs who aren't. He is definitely on the other side of that line. His last 20 or so games have gone really well for him, but look at the team he has behind him. Perphaps the best defense in the league and the plethora of weapons he has at his disposal are the reasons he has won. KC has very little talent, certainly less than the 49ers, and he won't pan out there.
                      While I would usually agree with you on any qb that has played that long and done squat I can't

I feel Bad for the guy 8 new offenses in 9 years that's just ridiculous. How is a guy supposed to learn how to read NFL defenses when he is learning a new O every year. When he finally gets one he understands he gets benched
                      Originally posted by baphamet
                      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Oh, don't feel too bad for Matt 63-Million Cassel... I don't have a lot of hope for a QB "learning" to read NFL defenses while on the job, I think is like being smart or fast, you either is or you isn't. At some point, you have to accept what you have; an immobile, slow release, average arm strength, stare the receiver down, QB. Get everyone up within 10 yards of the line, make sure Charles doesn't beat you and force KC to dink and dunk down the field with in/out/crossing routes. Keep it in front of you and the Chiefs will implode.

Oh well, the discussion here is more interesting than on the KC Star page where all they know how to do is berate everything KC Sports related.

CK

Comment

Originally posted by crayzkirk View Post
                          Oh, don't feel too bad for Matt 63-Million Cassel... I don't have a lot of hope for a QB "learning" to read NFL defenses while on the job, I think is like being smart or fast, you either is or you isn't. At some point, you have to accept what you have; an immobile, slow release, average arm strength, stare the receiver down, QB. Get everyone up within 10 yards of the line, make sure Charles doesn't beat you and force KC to dink and dunk down the field with in/out/crossing routes. Keep it in front of you and the Chiefs will implode.

Oh well, the discussion here is more interesting than on the KC Star page where all they know how to do is berate everything KC Sports related.

CK
                          I think he was talking about Smith. Cassel just sucks.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Chiefs may have some weapons, but it is difficult to tell due to the lack of the deep pass. None of the quarterbacks can throw an accurate deep ball, allowing the opposing defense to crowd the receivers and put extra pressure on the line (the Raiders understand this perfectly- it's like watching bulldozers). Also, the Chiefs are near the bottom of the NFL in passing attempts. I think any receiver would hate playing for this team, never having a chance to really show what they can do (for better or worse anyway).

Then of course there are the turnovers. Bad coaching?

The D is actually good enough to help win some games. The positives on the team should have been enough to get them near .500. Who knows from there?

Expect an entire overhaul in the offseason- GM, coach, 3 QBs. There are a number of players that should/could get the franchise tag meaning that talent* may walk out the door. Chiefs have one of the lowest salaries in the NFL, and it has backfired with the fanbase.

*not saying the talent that could walk is worth keeping around, but it would just be another position to fill hoping that they can find someone better, and also the loss of more trade value. Sometimes keeping a serviceable player is a good option, compared to what all is really lost.
                            Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                              I think he was talking about Smith. Cassel just sucks.
                              Absolutely
                              Originally posted by baphamet
                              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Working...
                              X