Poor, poor Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor, poor Chiefs

Sorry if this thread is redundant, but I feel that this franchise is in deep trouble.

I'm sure many of you are aware of the abundance of woes facing the Chiefs organization, especially after today's game. It's rare that a Manning-led offense is held to 17 points and these games are the ones that opponents need to take risks and take the game that was essentially given to them.

I believe that the problems with the Chiefs are many and they will need to absolutely clean house in order to be relevant next year. I mean, how embarrasing is it that there is a Facebook group with 25,000+ likes calling for massive overhaul, not to mention an airplane flyover adorning the phrase "Save Our Chiefs, Fire Pioli" behind the tail.

What the hell is going on with this of this organization? Spending millions of dollars picking up a career backup Matt Cassel only to replace him with Tim Tebow's backup from last season? And then to give the GM behind this madness a 2-year contract extension? Jeeze Louise. The only reason the game today was well attended is because it is perhaps the most heated rivalry in the midwest.

Fire Pioli, release Cassel and Quinn, hope that this team continues to suck so they might have a chance at Matt Barkley in the draft? Any other thoughts for saving this woeful franchise? The gentlemen behind the official post-game show of the Chiefs called today's performance "gut-wrenchingly horrid" and called for a massive overhaul. I think they couldn't be more accurate.
    Last edited by The94thHour; 11-25-2012, 10:29 PM.

The game was not given to anyone; the Chiefs simply did not take advantage of the opportunities they earned during the game. The Broncos were able to hold onto the ball at the end and put the game away. Choosing to go for field goals instead of touchdowns was a bad choice; there was nothing to be gained as the 6 points were erased by one drive at the end of the second quarter.

You can hope the Chiefs draft another worthless USC QB; no one in the draft worthy of the #1 pick at QB. Typical of the Chiefs poor timing. Alex Smith will be the next worthless QB of the Chiefs as they continue to give up valuable picks to stronger teams and make themselves weaker.

CK

Comment

The Chiefs are not that far away from being contenders. They've got a lot of talent on that team. I wonder at times if scheme is as much to blame as anything else with their offense. Crennel is a great defensive mind, but I'm not so sure about his ability to coach the other side of the ball.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        The Chiefs are not that far away from being contenders. They've got a lot of talent on that team. I wonder at times if scheme is as much to blame as anything else with their offense. Crennel is a great defensive mind, but I'm not so sure about his ability to coach the other side of the ball.
        Where exactly is the talent you speak of? QB is terrible, Jamaal Charles is a good rusher but Hillis is an absolute BUST, Moeaki, Bowe, and McCluster are average at best. The Chiefs are by far the least talented team in the league.

Comment

Got some good players on Defense and with a good QB and some imagination, the offense could be more than simply predictable.

Anyway, lots of luck in you next game. May most of it be bad luck...

CK

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            Disagree with this. I called this in the off-season. I hated all the hype for the Chiefs and I questioned where this talent was.

The D is pretty solid, but not top 10.

Their QB situation is awful. They have Bowe and............................. ? Baldwin is the #2 receiver who has never stepped up. Moeaki is an OK TE but won't scare anyone. J Charles is a good speedster but Hillis has not been right for a few years now.

The Chiefs need alot of help and the people in the off-season predicting they would compete for the West were badly wrong.

Comment

Anyone see that Jamall Charles and Dwayne Bowe waiting after the game to get Peyton's autograph? To funny
              sigpicGo Broncos! Heres to many more CHAMPionships!!!

Comment

Somewhat sucks for the Chiefs to be so bad in a year where they'll get the/a top draft pick and not have a QB worth spending it on, when it's such a dire need.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                  Disagree with this. I called this in the off-season. I hated all the hype for the Chiefs and I questioned where this talent was.

The D is pretty solid, but not top 10.

Their QB situation is awful. They have Bowe and............................. ? Baldwin is the #2 receiver who has never stepped up. Moeaki is an OK TE but won't scare anyone. J Charles is a good speedster but Hillis has not been right for a few years now.

The Chiefs need alot of help and the people in the off-season predicting they would compete for the West were badly wrong.
                  Moeaki is very, very talented. If we can get him we should.

The receivers aren't all of the problem. Both Cassal and Quinn struggle throwing anything besides dump offs consistently accurately. They turn over the ball often. And the team plays with no passion unless they play at home or against a division rival.
                  Denver Broncos GM
                  Originally posted by Mosk
                  Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Yeah, I already collected on my bet for the Chiefs. I said no better than 4-12 and there is no way they are going to reach that level. If it weren't for the replacement refs missing an obvious hold on the long run against the Saints, this team would be staring down (like Cassel to Bowe) the perfect season: 0-16!

I enjoy watching Manning pick apart teams and showing what a real QB is like; he just doesn't look right in those UGLY Bronco uniforms...

CK

Comment

It's not big mystery

The only reason the Chiefs are losing so many games is simply

Turnovers

Without those, they have a top rushing attack, a talented defense, a talented offense minus stability at the QB position

Not rocket science.

The players need to secure the rock. That's not Pioli's fault

Having said that, I I don't think Pioli is doing a fine job either. In fact, if I were a KC fan, I wouldn't want him GMing my favorite team either. I can't explain it but there is something about the guy that is uncomfortable to listen to - his fake personality just rubs me the wrong way -
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

^ Also, the fact that he can't draft, understand that betting your franchise on not one but TWO backup QBs isn't necessarily an intelligent move, and failing to understand that giving you head coaching job to Romeo Crennel probably isn't the greatest idea should also "rub you the wrong way".

Comment

Working...
                        X