Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, Chargerfan, Andy Reid?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So, Chargerfan, Andy Reid?

    Well, I know how Baph loves to quote the pundits for his commentary legitimacy, so I will pose the question to all Chargerfans...are you feelin' Andy Reid?

    Because everything I'm hearing from the talking heads on Fox to CBS sports is Andy Reid is far and away the frontrunner to be the next Head Coach of the San Diego Chargers.

    I actually have great respect for Reid as a great coach, but I think burnout has to be a major concern in light of his long and exhausting run in Philadelphia, not to mention the personal tragedy of losing his son the way he did.

    I do think the Chargers do have to have an offensive-minded, QB oriented HC. So in that sense, Reid could be the one to squeeze the last bit of Peelip's career out of the tube, so I suppose he's as qualified as any coaches in that sense.

    Get ready for the 'stash down in Coronado

  • #2
    Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    Well, I know how Baph loves to quote the pundits for his commentary legitimacy, so I will pose the question to all Chargerfans...are you feelin' Andy Reid?

    Because everything I'm hearing from the talking heads on Fox to CBS sports is Andy Reid is far and away the frontrunner to be the next Head Coach of the San Diego Chargers.

    I actually have great respect for Reid as a great coach, but I think burnout has to be a major concern in light of his long and exhausting run in Philadelphia, not to mention the personal tragedy of losing his son the way he did.

    I do think the Chargers do have to have an offensive-minded, QB oriented HC. So in that sense, Reid could be the one to squeeze the last bit of Peelip's career out of the tube, so I suppose he's as qualified as any coaches in that sense.

    Get ready for the 'stash down in Coronado
    I think AJ would have to be fired first, before Reid would consider a Chargers HC job. From what I've heard, AJ's bad rep is well-known among NFL coaches and most of the good coaches dont want to work for AJ. Then you have the matter of money...I dont believe Spanos would cough up the $ an Andy Reid would want. We'll see what happens.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
      Well, I know how Baph loves to quote the pundits for his commentary legitimacy, so I will pose the question to all Chargerfans...are you feelin' Andy Reid?

      Because everything I'm hearing from the talking heads on Fox to CBS sports is Andy Reid is far and away the frontrunner to be the next Head Coach of the San Diego Chargers.

      I actually have great respect for Reid as a great coach, but I think burnout has to be a major concern in light of his long and exhausting run in Philadelphia, not to mention the personal tragedy of losing his son the way he did.

      I do think the Chargers do have to have an offensive-minded, QB oriented HC. So in that sense, Reid could be the one to squeeze the last bit of Peelip's career out of the tube, so I suppose he's as qualified as any coaches in that sense.

      Get ready for the 'stash down in Coronado
      you wish

      actually, nothing would surprise me, especially if AJ gets to keep his job.

      Comment


      • #4
        Rivers will be gone if this happens. Reid runs the west coast. It requires mobility and patience neither of which are strong suits for Phil.
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          you wish

          actually, nothing would surprise me, especially if AJ gets to keep his job.
          I wouldnt be surprised either, seems like it takes these owners forever to realize a bad situation. It took Pat Bowlen way too long to realize that Mike Shanahan was burnt out in Denver. But when he did I couldnt have been happier, I was so soo sick of all the scape goating of really decent defensive coordinators.

          But I imagine that our situation then couldnt even begin to compare how you guys down in SD must feel but spano will pull the trigger soon on AJ I believe, just watch it should be pretty exicting to see what happens.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            you wish

            actually, nothing would surprise me, especially if AJ gets to keep his job.
            Baph just nailed it. AJ and Norv may hang around for a while longer. San Diego is hoping that with the power of prayer we can raise Alex Spanos from the foul fog of Alzheimer's so he can backhand his son a few times and proceed to make some much needed changes.

            Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            Rivers will be gone if this happens. Reid runs the west coast. It requires mobility and patience neither of which are strong suits for Phil.
            I find it hard to fault Phil too much on patience this year, not with THAT O-line. Regardless, you do have a point. Thing is, and lets be honest. San Diego is a train wreck right now. Phil is the kind of talent that can lure a competent head coach back to America's finest city. You'd have to question any coach that would want to nix him right off the bat.



            Oh dear, this is awkward.

            Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
            I wouldnt be surprised either, seems like it takes these owners forever to realize a bad situation. It took Pat Bowlen way too long to realize that Mike Shanahan was burnt out in Denver. But when he did I couldnt have been happier, I was so soo sick of all the scape goating of really decent defensive coordinators.

            But I imagine that our situation then couldnt even begin to compare how you guys down in SD must feel but spano will pull the trigger soon on AJ I believe, just watch it should be pretty exicting to see what happens.
            I give Bowlen tons of credit, please correct me if I am wrong but I think he had just gotten Shannyhananahan off the books when he hired Fox? The guy has been paying a guy to sit on his couch to give his team what he thinks is a better chance at winning. It's a gutsy move, and I honestly hope it pays off.

            Huh, must be nice to have an owner who doesn't seem to actively despise the fans.

            Finally to the OP, do I want Reid? NO. However, at this point I'd take a HS football coach over the Norvulous one. Nothing would make me happier than to ask Freyaka to add the tag line: Never Forget to my sig and lets this all melt into the past, but we're Chargers fans. We're just not that lucky.
            Last edited by Puddleglum; 11-27-2012, 10:01 PM.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              No need for correction here, I believe you hit the nail right on the head.
              About Bowlen and shanahan that is.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-27-2012, 10:19 PM.

              Comment

              Working...
              X