Raiders fail at drafting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders fail at drafting!

This says it all. Anyone somewhat shocked by this?

sigpic

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    This says it all. Anyone somewhat shocked by this?

Good lord could you imagine a team with Rodgers, Fitzgerald, Johnson, and Spiller

Comment

I guess you can't blame Dennis Allen for a losing season this year.The Raiders have to be in rebuild mode if they want to compete for years to come.

Comment

I mean to be fair, the Raiders didn't really need Aaron Rogers at the time. They had Kerry Collins after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
          Good lord could you imagine a team with Rodgers, Fitzgerald, Johnson, and Spiller
          Don't forget about Monroe and the obvious Aaron Rogders
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

We haven't been too much better over that span, to be honest...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
              I guess you can't blame Dennis Allen for a losing season this year.The Raiders have to be in rebuild mode if they want to compete for years to come.
              Allen and the GM (blanking on his name) should get a pass this year. They inherited a freakishly bloated team ($ wise) and they had what....2 draft picks to try and get better?

Though they did grab Miles Burris, an SDSU product. Any Raider fans care to comment on how Miles is doing?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                Allen and the GM (blanking on his name) should get a pass this year. They inherited a freakishly bloated team ($ wise) and they had what....2 draft picks to try and get better?

Though they did grab Miles Burris, an SDSU product. Any Raider fans care to comment on how Miles is doing?
                One of the few brightspots on D. Pretty good for us so far

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                  Don't forget about Monroe and the obvious Aaron Rogders
                  I'm pretty sure he mentioned Rodgers......

Comment

I bet Kansas City's draft for the same time period would look pretty bad also! The draft is a unproven science!

Comment

Yeah well Josh McHoodie could've drafted Clay Matthews, Brian Orakpo and Rob Gronkowski but them's the breaks.
                      All in for Siemian!

Comment

Hindsight is always 20/20 in these situations. Also who knows how rodgers would have developed if he had been a year 1 starter rather than a year 3. I will argue McFadden is better than Spiller till I am blue in the face. I actually would have taken Megatron if I was them that year I never bought into the Jamarcus Russel hype. As far as Fitz goes...a lot of people thought Gallery was going to be a stud O-lineman and if that was their need at the time can't really blame them. As Kansas Bob said its such an unproven science you draft guys and hope you get lucky.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yea, but if they had gotten Rodgers or Fitzerald and what not, that might have changed things. They might have actually been good, and not in position to draft all those players as well. They wouldn't have ended up with all of them.

But with that said, Typical raiders Doesn't surprise me 1 bit. If they had taken Rodgers, or Calvin, or any of those players, that would mean thier careers would probably go down the drain. You cant possibly expect to have a good career, if you get drafted by Oakland. You just cant Total joke.
                          :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I kind of think that the one draft choice that broke the Raiders back is the Russell choice. That is like being able to date any girl at the Playboy bunny club and picking the old scrub lady! lol but just about every club has done that I suppose.

Comment

I can understand the 2008 draft for them, but boy are they bad at drafting...
                              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                              X