X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    yet 3 years later the same afc was back to back champions? Ross was a good coach and that was a good team. Defense and running games won superbowls back then. I would say that was the best team in Chargers history. Most talented..no best team yes
    most successful single season chargers team of the SB era but i wouldn't consider it the best team. they had no bushiness being in that SB, it should have been the steelers but they choked.

not only that but the two clear best teams in the NFL that year was the 49'ers and the cowboys. so much so that people were calling that the Superbowl because no matter what afc team faced them, they would be inferior, they were right too.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    great defense and a good running game got us there, plus back then at that time the AFC was a joke compared to the NFC.
    yet 3 years later the same afc was back to back champions? Ross was a good coach and that was a good team. Defense and running games won superbowls back then. I would say that was the best team in Chargers history. Most talented..no best team yes

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    seriously though I just don't know how Bobby Ross was able to get us there over all of the talent we've had with Rivers and all.

Were the 1994 Chargers our best team ever or was it just that Ross guy who coached us all the way there?
    great defense and a good running game got us there, plus back then at that time the AFC was a joke compared to the NFC.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You can spin it any way you want, but Manning played well enough for us to win.

Champ and Rahim Moore on the other hand, not so much.....
    no he didn't, otherwise you would have won. its not like he had a near flawless game, he made key mistakes that contributed to that loss.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    yes, i would say they were a legit contender for the SB at that point being the #1 seed going into the playoffs.

i have been talking about the peyton manning choke factor all season, that doesn't mean they were not a SB contender just because manning always chokes.

being a contender means you contend for the SB, actually winning it is a whole different story.
    You can spin it any way you want, but Manning played well enough for us to win.

Champ and Rahim Moore on the other hand, not so much.....

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    That looks like some kind of cheap power ring from a cheesy super hero

CHARGER RING POWERS, ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's priceless! I think I found the superhero.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    seriously though I just don't know how Bobby Ross was able to get us there over all of the talent we've had with Rivers and all.

Were the 1994 Chargers our best team ever or was it just that Ross guy who coached us all the way there?
    That looks like some kind of cheap power ring from a cheesy super hero

CHARGER RING POWERS, ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    indeed.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    I wish I knew that feeling.
    indeed.

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    yes, i would say they were a legit contender for the SB at that point being the #1 seed going into the playoffs.

i have been talking about the peyton manning choke factor all season, that doesn't mean they were not a SB contender just because manning always chokes.

being a contender means you contend for the SB, actually winning it is a whole different story.
    I wish I knew that feeling.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Oh my bad you did say "legit contender" which they were being the #1 seed and and all.
    What a complete fail.

After all,the hype I wonder if a donk has the courage to start a "post season crow thread"
    Doubt it

Leave a comment:

• thuglife
    replied
    Season was awesome I think 13-3 Manning still can play at a high level D is lookin good swept the div. losing happens we didn't lose much either. No reason to not be excited for next year

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Oh my bad you did say "legit contender" which they were being the #1 seed and and all.
    What a complete fail.

After all,the hype I wonder if a donk has the courage to start a "post season crow thread"
    Doubt it
    Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 01-15-2013, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    How do you feel now?
    Spoke to soon?
    Looks can be deceiving and the donks are experts at this even with one of the best to play the game (well used to be the best) under center.
    spoke too soon about what? did i say they were going to the SB?

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    earlier in the year i said the broncos were not an elite or a great team, based on the fact they lost to the Texans, patriots, and falcons.

i was wrong.

yes it remains to be seen how good you guys will do in the playoffs but you guys are clearly a legit SB contender and a great regular season team so far.

good luck in the playoffs, i wont be pulling for you but i do admit it would be cool to see manning do what no QB has ever done before.
    How do you feel now?
    Spoke to soon?
    Looks can be deceiving and the donks are experts at this even with one of the best to play the game (well used to be the best) under center.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X