Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do the Chargers get as Coach? (Cp bet!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is a good smart hire in my opinion.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
      it's funny we got wiz after seeing people here wanted him

      that makes the mccoy hire less painful to me lol
      i also like the fact that he brings a lot of experience to a coaching staff that doesn't have much. i think its gonna really help the rookie head coach a lot.

      Comment


      • That actually negates most of our complaints about McCoy.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • God damnit
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
            God damnit
            what did wiz do in AZ without a HOF type qb

            he has rivers in sandiego
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

            Comment


            • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              what did wiz do in AZ without a HOF type qb

              he has rivers in sandiego
              you would be stoked had he chose Denver over SD, i guess SD did more "work" to get him, eh?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                you would be stoked had he chose Denver over SD, i guess SD did more "work" to get him, eh?
                No he fell into your laps lol

                But seriously I think it will be interesting to see how the AFC West shakes out with these new hires.




                Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

                Comment


                • Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                  No he fell into your laps lol

                  But seriously I think it will be interesting to see how the AFC West shakes out with these new hires.
                  he kinda did actually and so did mccoy lol

                  if you guys wouldn't have choked we would have never gotten mccoy and might have ended up with whisenhunt as our HC.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                    what did wiz do in AZ without a HOF type qb

                    he has rivers in sandiego
                    He's not going to be the HC, and he was the OC of a Super Bowl winner. He makes their team better than they would be without him. I do not approve.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • so, with all this emphasis on offesense and the QB position with the hiring of mccoy, whisenhunt, and Frank Reich......i wonder if beagle still thinks rivers will be without a job this off season? or was that supposed to happen last year? i forget lol

                      Comment


                      • At the end of the day... the Chargers still have Phillip Rivers, and the Broncos still have Peyton Manning.

                        That's like comparing Josh Freeman to Tom Brady, lol.
                        sigpic

                        "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          so, with all this emphasis on offesense and the QB position with the hiring of mccoy, whisenhunt, and Frank Reich......i wonder if beagle still thinks rivers will be without a job this off season? or was that supposed to happen last year? i forget lol
                          Spanos has made a lot of hires that are good for the offense, but what's going to be done about improving the Bolt's defense? I think they need a new DC, is McCoy going to have to work with their DC from last year or is Spanos/McCoy going to bring in a new DC? The new Bolt regime better not ignore that side of the ball or they'll have to win shoot-outs like the Packers. I dont think teams with good offenses, but lousy defenses is a formula for championships.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
                            Spanos has made a lot of hires that are good for the offense, but what's going to be done about improving the Bolt's defense? I think they need a new DC, is McCoy going to have to work with their DC from last year or is Spanos/McCoy going to bring in a new DC? The new Bolt regime better not ignore that side of the ball or they'll have to win shoot-outs like the Packers. I dont think teams with good offenses, but lousy defenses is a formula for championships.
                            are you serious? the chargers defense was much improved last year over the year prior, they are keeping john pagano and i think it is the right move.

                            they do need to still add some pieces to the defense though, they are going to need some help in the secondary.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
                              Spanos has made a lot of hires that are good for the offense, but what's going to be done about improving the Bolt's defense? I think they need a new DC, is McCoy going to have to work with their DC from last year or is Spanos/McCoy going to bring in a new DC? The new Bolt regime better not ignore that side of the ball or they'll have to win shoot-outs like the Packers. I dont think teams with good offenses, but lousy defenses is a formula for championships.
                              Serious?? The Chargers ranked 9th in total defense last year..and that was Paganos first year as dc...were set there.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                                what did wiz do in AZ without a HOF type qb

                                he has rivers in sandiego
                                He actually did nothing with him. everyone's forgetting he wasn't the play caller for that Cards team that made the superbowl ,Todd Haley was. Thats how he got the KC job
                                In 2007, Haley joined Ken Whisenhunt's coaching staff for the Arizona Cardinals as the team's offensive coordinator. Haley did not start calling plays for the Cardinals until late in the season. The Cardinals finished in the top half of the NFL in multiple offensive categories.
                                Under Haley’s guidance, the Cardinals offense in 2008 was one of the league’s most innovative and explosive units. Arizona tied for third in the league in scoring, registering a franchise-record 427 points (26.7 ppg). The Cardinals were fourth in total offense, averaging 365.8 yards per game
                                here is what you can look for in your newOC
                                Whisenhunt took over the role of offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh for the 2004 season after Mike Mularkey became the head coach of the Buffalo Bills. Although his predecessor Mularkey was known for creating flashy trick plays, Whisenhunt showed great success as more of a cautious innovator, whose well-timed trick plays contrasted the conservative Steelers run game.
                                One of Whisenhunt's most famous moments as a Steeler is the trick play he called in Super Bowl XL. With Pittsburgh leading 14-10 over the Seattle Seahawks, Whisenhunt called a wide receiver reverse pass (Antwaan Randle El to Hines Ward, the only TD pass thrown by a WR in Super Bowl history) that allowed Pittsburgh to pull away.
                                Last edited by Beagle; 01-19-2013, 08:29 PM.
                                Originally posted by baphamet
                                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X