Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do the Chargers get as Coach? (Cp bet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bolterated View Post
    Serious?? The Chargers ranked 9th in total defense last year..and that was Paganos first year as dc...were set there.
    yeap and I actually think your defense was better than The rank they had.
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      No he fell into your laps lol

But seriously I think it will be interesting to see how the AFC West shakes out with these new hires.
      Broncos
      Chiefs
      Chargers
      Raiders
      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Serious?? The Chargers ranked 9th in total defense last year..and that was Paganos first year as dc...were set there.
        Huh? According to my sources the Bolts had a 16th ranked D in total defense. Thats not something to feel content with and definitely needs improvement. Pass D = 18th, ugly. 13th in sacks. The only place the Bolts D was good was in run D.
        Last edited by mct1967; 01-20-2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          are you serious? the chargers defense was much improved last year over the year prior, they are keeping john pagano and i think it is the right move.

they do need to still add some pieces to the defense though, they are going to need some help in the secondary.
          16th in total defense and 18th against the pass with a mediocre pass rush...not something I'd feel too good about if I was a Bolt fan. Plus, the Bolts' D couldnt put the game away in SD against the Broncos or Ravens. Two games the Bolts should've won. If your team's D doesnt improve next year, all the coaching changes wont make much difference in the W column.
          Last edited by mct1967; 01-20-2013, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
            Huh? According to my sources the Bolts had a 16th ranked D in total defense. Thats not something to feel content with and definitely needs improvement. Pass D = 18th, ugly. 13th in sacks. The only place the Bolts D was good was in run D.
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...e/seasontype/2

Comment

16th in total defense and 18th against the pass with a mediocre pass rush...not something I'd feel too good about if I was a Bolt fan. Plus, the Bolts' D couldnt put the game away in SD against the Broncos or Ravens. Two games the Bolts should've won. If your team's D doesnt improve next year, all the coaching changes wont make much difference in the W column.
              Next time know what your talking about before you post....9th in the NFL in total defense. I was surprised to see that you guys were actually 2nd in the NFL in total defense for the year. I mean after all your secondary got toasted last week. I would like to personally say great play Rahim and whoever that other corner back was that got toasted on that 70 yard touch down pass that tied the game with 36 seconds left to play...LMAO! Thats a choke job for the ages. Goes to show you that your number 2 total defense in the NFL did not mean squat when it mattered because they choked.

Comment

honestly, i don't know any chargers fan or anyone that covers the chargers that felt he should have been fire. there were other teams ready to take him as their DC too.

the defense was improved in his first year as the DC, he has only had one year and we lacked talent on defense big time.

the chargers were 9th in yards and yards per play, you are attributing everything to scoring defense but i don't think that tells the entire story.

also, if we did fire him, who do you think would have been a better option that was available?

Comment

Next time know what your talking about before you post....9th in the NFL in total defense. I was surprised to see that you guys were actually 2nd in the NFL in total defense for the year. I mean after all your secondary got toasted last week. I would like to personally say great play Rahim and whoever that other corner back was that got toasted on that 70 yard touch down pass that tied the game with 36 seconds left to play...LMAO! Thats a choke job for the ages. Goes to show you that your number 2 total defense in the NFL did not mean squat when it mattered because they choked.
                  There was a standard set here years ago We claimed our Offense was the second ranked in the league but Chargers fans said 15th because they went by points per game/points scored and we were going by yardage. You are now going by yardage while he was going by points scored against.http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...e/seasontype/2 So you are both right in a way.

Look at it this way maybe the points against isnt very good indicator because your qb threw pick sixes or your ST gave up return tds but at the same time maybe the defense didn't give up many yards because the other team was constantly winning field position against you and there for the other team was marching on short fields all season... I will go with the eye test and from what i saw your defense was pretty good but next year is always another season.

Regardless if our 2nd ranked d mattered or not your 9th ranked one didn't matter because your team choked all season.
                  Last edited by Beagle; 01-20-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I did know what I was talking about, so chill out. We were both right and judging by your emotional response, it sounds to me like you're a bit testy about some short-comings of the Bolt's D...how bad for you.

And your opinion of how the Broncos played last weekend (being the baby-poster you are) matters about as much to me as a gnat landing on my arm...I'll slap it now and kill it.

Comment

Working...
                    X