Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do the Chargers get as Coach? (Cp bet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    Bringing in an OC doesn't mean anything. He was brought in for his "Offensive prowess" albeit imagined. You guys wont be getting any big name OCs, and you're going to have to depend on McCoy's ability to pick one out of who knows where. Probably some position coach someplace, like Gase from here. Like I said, it's a downgrade. Couldn't have happened to a better team
    you are speculating, i have actually read that the main things like liked about him was his leadership ability and the fact that he has been able to adapt his offensive game plan to the players he has.

i agree we will be downgraded from an OC standpoint because few are as good as norv in that area but i am hoping we gain a better overall coach, we will see.

its hilarious you would say we downgraded from norv, reading this forum for the past several years, you would think norv is the worst head coach out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      you are speculating, i have actually read that the main things like liked about him was his leadership ability and the fact that he has been able to adapt his offensive game plan to the players he has.

i agree we will be downgraded from an OC standpoint because few are as good as norv in that area but i am hoping we gain a better overall coach, we will see.

its hilarious you would say we downgraded from norv, reading this forum for the past several years, you would think norv is the worst head coach out there.
      Norv is what he is. But McCoy is not an upgrade.

And how am I speculating? You basically just said what I did, adding his supposed leadership abilities which are a first I'm hearing of them. McCoy is widely credited with a successful adaptation with Tebow last year. Why, I could not tell you. All he did was maintain our offense, dumb it down, and add plays suggested by Tebow that they could integrate from formations that they already used. That is documented fact. And this year, half of our damned playbook was installed by Manning, not the other way around. You wanna know how I know? Because we didn't use the I formation hardly ever this year. That's always been a part of a McCoy offense since back when he was in Carolina.

No, it was definitely a downgrade, and McCoy has been given credit for things that are not his to receive. lol
      sigpic

Comment

• i didn't want gruden or cowher, wanted some new blood, but i didn't want mccoy

bleh
        sigpic

Comment

• Who do you think got luckier, McCoy for getting his Head Coaching payday, or the Chargers? lol

Some quotes from his presser:

"It's going to be a process. It's not going to just happen overnight,"

"We're going to lead this team to a championship sometime in the future."

He also noted he hadn't watched the Chargers 2012 season yet. Andy Reid showed up to his interview having watched every single Chiefs game of 2012. Hmm, so that's what someone that has their stuff together does hmmm.

So McCoy is setting the precedence already that he A: no longer wants the responsibility of playcalling since he's hiring someone to do it for him, B: gave a vague "sometime in the future" estimate of a turnaround for the Chargers, and has never been a HC anywhere in the NFL, or shown that he can produce a top 15 offense without the aid of Manning....

Yeah, good luck.
          sigpic

Comment

Norv is the worst HC out there. I like the hire and the general consensus on MCoy from broncos fans is he makes great game plans he adapts well to his personnel but his game day play calling lacks somethings to be desired. I dissagree with the last assessment. The non-Broncos Tebow fans started that crap last year as a excuse/reason why Tebow struggled. They contuinued to say it after tebow was traded and it stuck.

I don't think he called plays this year but I know he called plays for the rest of the season when we fired Mcdummy and the first part of the next and made Orton look like a semi all pro.What he did with Tebow set up what you're seeing with Washington Seattle and SanFran this season. They all took what McCoy did with Tebow and applied it to QBs with similar running ability's and expanded it to the passing game.

I think you have a fantastic coach who is bright and is only getting better. He is one of the main reasons Manning chose Denver as Manning said himself. Now he needs a line and a QB whose skills are not diminished and the Chargers might be mediocre again some day lol
            Originally posted by baphamet
            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              I don't think he called plays this year
              What give's you that impression?

He absolutely called every single play this year. Manning audibles out of some of them, obviously, but make no mistake, He was the play caller.

but I know he called plays for the rest of the season when we fired Mcdummy and the first part of the next and made Orton look like a semi all pro.
              This is a complete contradiction. The only time Orton looked like a "semi-all pro" was when McDummy was the one playcalling. Once McCoy took over, Orton looked like what he really was. A complete scrub. That's an indictment of McCoy's abilities, and giving credit where it's due, NOT an endorsement of McDaniels.

What he did with Tebow set up what you're seeing with Washington Seattle and SanFran this season. They all took what McCoy did with Tebow and applied it to QBs with similar running ability's and expanded it to the passing game.
              Jesus Christ no.

No Beagle, just no.

If you think for a minute, that the Shanahans got their usage of the pistol and run-and-shoot offense from watching McCoy, you're hitting the pipe. Mike's offenses have ALWAYS required mobile QB's. WCO, zone blocking, play action passing, and an accurate and mobile quarterback. Griffin has just given Shanahan everything he's always wanted in a quarterback and then some. He didn't get that from McCoy lol Seriously man.

As far as the Seahawks, this is an interesting read:
              http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/1/6/3...n-pete-carroll

That Offense was constructed exactly as I said it was last year. They dumbed down the playbook they already had to less formations and plays that they worked out of, and added in limited read-option plays from Tebow's experience under Meyer. lol You can credit Tebow for the "creativity" more than McCoy. They basically said "Hey Tebow, show us a few of those option plays you run out of these formations, and we will try to work them in" and that was it. There is an article, that if I can I will dig up, that included an interview with McCoy on how they assembled that playbook last year when Tebow took over, and that's how it was done.
              sigpic

Comment

Norv is what he is. But McCoy is not an upgrade.

And how am I speculating? You basically just said what I did, adding his supposed leadership abilities which are a first I'm hearing of them. McCoy is widely credited with a successful adaptation with Tebow last year. Why, I could not tell you. All he did was maintain our offense, dumb it down, and add plays suggested by Tebow that they could integrate from formations that they already used. That is documented fact. And this year, half of our damned playbook was installed by Manning, not the other way around. You wanna know how I know? Because we didn't use the I formation hardly ever this year. That's always been a part of a McCoy offense since back when he was in Carolina.

No, it was definitely a downgrade, and McCoy has been given credit for things that are not his to receive. lol
                He was brought in for his "Offensive prowess"
                again, you are speculating as i have not seen that mentioned once. mccoy isn't going to be calling the plays like norv did, norv was a great play caller but a horrible head coach, we all know this.

can mccoy do better? i am skeptical but we shall see.

Comment

again, you are speculating as i have not seen that mentioned once.
                  FFS Baph, what the hell do you think I'm referencing. I'm talking about his supposed ability to change up the offense to suit his players. Frickin put 2 and 2 together for christ's sake. I can't hold your hand through every conversation.
                  sigpic

Comment

Who do you think got luckier, McCoy for getting his Head Coaching payday, or the Chargers? lol

Some quotes from his presser:

"It's going to be a process. It's not going to just happen overnight,"

"We're going to lead this team to a championship sometime in the future."

He also noted he hadn't watched the Chargers 2012 season yet. Andy Reid showed up to his interview having watched every single Chiefs game of 2012. Hmm, so that's what someone that has their stuff together does hmmm.

So McCoy is setting the precedence already that he A: no longer wants the responsibility of playcalling since he's hiring someone to do it for him, B: gave a vague "sometime in the future" estimate of a turnaround for the Chargers, and has never been a HC anywhere in the NFL, or shown that he can produce a top 15 offense without the aid of Manning....

Yeah, good luck.
                    well considering at least 5 other teams wanted this guy, i would say its the chargers lol

especially considering that spanos had said he wanted a coach by the weekend and if Denver wouldn't have choked, mccoy wouldn't have been a possibility.

so thanks for choking so we can get our coach, i think......

Comment

so thanks for choking so we can get our coach, i think......
                      Yeah, you think lol You hope.

There are a lot of crappy franchises out there that make bad decisions all the time Baph. Yours isn't the first.
                      sigpic

Comment

FFS Baph, what the hell do you think I'm referencing. I'm talking about his supposed ability to change up the offense to suit his players. Frickin put 2 and 2 together for christ's sake. I can't hold your hand through every conversation.
                        so his "offensive prowess" is only determined by how well he can adapt to his players strengths? why don't you try to be more clear next time?

Comment

Yeah, you think lol You hope.

There are a lot of crappy franchises out there that make bad decisions all the time Baph. Yours isn't the first.
                          right, i am not saying its a good hire just because other teams wanted him, i was just answering he question. i honestly don't know what is so great about him, he is unproven and i am quite confident he was not brought in just for his "offensive prowess".

Comment

right, i am not saying its a good hire just because other teams wanted him, i was just answering he question. i honestly don't know what is so great about him, he is unproven and i am quite confident he was not brought in just for his "offensive prowess".
                            He was brought in because he was cheap and easy, and probably talked a good game. I put offensive prowess in quotes for a reason. Just count yourself lucky he wont be calling the plays. You at least have a small amount of hope left there lol
                            sigpic

Comment

He was brought in because he was cheap and easy, and probably talked a good game. I put offensive prowess in quotes for a reason. Just count yourself lucky he wont be calling the plays. You at least have a small amount of hope left there lol
                              he will still be a big part of the offense i am sure. but i am sure he wasn't that cheap, like i said at least 5 other teams were interested, right or wrong i cannot figure out why.

Comment

Bringing in an OC doesn't mean anything. He was brought in for his "Offensive prowess" albeit imagined. You guys wont be getting any big name OCs, and you're going to have to depend on McCoy's ability to pick one out of who knows where. Probably some position coach someplace, like Gase from here. Like I said, it's a downgrade. Couldn't have happened to a better team
                                I'm curious why you think he's going to be such a bad HC. If your dumbass DC would have had your players in position better you would be hosting the championship game & he's still be in Denver. He was also highly sought after by a couple other teams. You, Me nor anyone else has no idea how good a HC he's going to be since its his 1st gig. We know what we had in Norv & that obviously wasnt getting it done.

Who do you think they should have hired instead of McCoy???

Comment

Working...
                                X