Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do the Chargers get as Coach? (Cp bet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
    I'm curious why you think he's going to be such a bad HC.
    Based on what I've seen of him so far. It's an opinion, like it or leave it. If you're looking for me to give you a concrete "reason" you're not likely to be satisfied. Just take it for what it is. We wont know until it plays out. I have a feeling you'll realize where I'm coming from after next year is over.

Here's a question for you. Out of the teams McCoy interviewed with, why do you suppose the Chargers were the only ones to offer him the job up until he accepted it from them?

Who do you think they should have hired instead of McCoy???
    I think you waited too long to get the most viable candidate.
    sigpic

Comment

• All i know is last year before Tebow got his start , McCoy was coaching Orton and Orton Had Eric Decker, D.Thomas and Brandon Lloyd to throw to and Willis McGahee running the ball and that offense stunk....sucked so bad Orton got benched and then cut......yeah, McCoys a real offensive master alright.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        If you click the numbers it shows who voted for who, and I know I made the vote 4 for McCoy and I voted like 30minutes before it was annouced, but it doesn't state when they voted.

#87Birdman,
        Freyaka,
        InsaneBlaze23,
        jaytea11,
        theognj

This was the 5.
        I called it awhile ago lol
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
          What give's you that impression?

He absolutely called every single play this year. Manning audibles out of some of them, obviously, but make no mistake, He was the play caller.

This is a complete contradiction. The only time Orton looked like a "semi-all pro" was when McDummy was the one playcalling. Once McCoy took over, Orton looked like what he really was. A complete scrub. That's an indictment of McCoy's abilities, and giving credit where it's due, NOT an endorsement of McDaniels.

Jesus Christ no.

No Beagle, just no.

If you think for a minute, that the Shanahans got their usage of the pistol and run-and-shoot offense from watching McCoy, you're hitting the pipe. Mike's offenses have ALWAYS required mobile QB's. WCO, zone blocking, play action passing, and an accurate and mobile quarterback. Griffin has just given Shanahan everything he's always wanted in a quarterback and then some. He didn't get that from McCoy lol Seriously man.

As far as the Seahawks, this is an interesting read:
          http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/1/6/3...n-pete-carroll

That Offense was constructed exactly as I said it was last year. They dumbed down the playbook they already had to less formations and plays that they worked out of, and added in limited read-option plays from Tebow's experience under Meyer. lol You can credit Tebow for the "creativity" more than McCoy. They basically said "Hey Tebow, show us a few of those option plays you run out of these formations, and we will try to work them in" and that was it. There is an article, that if I can I will dig up, that included an interview with McCoy on how they assembled that playbook last year when Tebow took over, and that's how it was done.
          The Shanahans have already stated that they did get alot of their ideas from what Denver did last season with Tebow and implemented Nevadas pistol formations which is where The niners qb played college and the seahawks have said they stole what the Skins were doing mid season so yes I know thats what happened. as for the rest its my opinion as we are all allowed so yes kish yes.

Manning obviously called 80% of our plays all year because we were in the hurry up. McCoy was calling into Manning the defensive sub packages if any down and distance and a base formation which Manning would then audible out of or not depending on what defense he was looking at. need proof I don't have any other than the fact we ran Indys offense all year.
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• again, mccoy will not be calling the plays in SD so you guys can can stop crying about his play calling ability already lol

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              again, mccoy will not be calling the plays in SD so you guys can can stop crying about his play calling ability already lol
              If it helps you sleep at night we'll let you keep believing he's capable of being a good coach.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                If it helps you sleep at night we'll let you keep believing he's capable of being a good coach.
                sounds like you guys are the ones that need to keep convincing yourselves he isn't a good coach, i am taking the wait and see approach either way.

my expectations wouldn't have been very high no matter what coach they hired that was on their radar.

Comment

Based on what I've seen of him so far. It's an opinion, like it or leave it. If you're looking for me to give you a concrete "reason" you're not likely to be satisfied. Just take it for what it is. We wont know until it plays out. I have a feeling you'll realize where I'm coming from after next year is over.

Here's a question for you. Out of the teams McCoy interviewed with, why do you suppose the Chargers were the only ones to offer him the job up until he accepted it from them?

I think you waited too long to get the most viable candidate.
                  and who are these big hires that we missed out on that just passed us by while we waited ? Andy Reid lol ?
                  sigpic Crushing internet tuffguys one at a time!!!

Originally Posted by BroncoLefty
                  Look Steeler fans....we know. We all know about the rings. We know about the past, ok? All you guys seem to want to do is talk about the past, I dont get it. The Patriots share this problem with you as well. Nobody cares-stop living in the past.<---- typical bronco forum hypocrite.

Comment

• Originally posted by dayvboy View Post
                    and who are these big hires that we missed out on that just passed us by while we waited ? Andy Reid lol ?
                    Why are you sniffing my cornhole for answers? Shouldn't you know your own team? Of course not, what was I thinking lol
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mccoy was able to help the offense adapt to two widely different schemes within a short period of time

The move from Orton to Tebow offense and from Tebow to Manning, that's pretty impressive. I'm not sure he's going to be fantastic but from as an HC we really don't know what he's capable of
                      sigpic
                      Thank you Charger$

Comment

Why are you sniffing my cornhole for answers? Shouldn't you know your own team? Of course not, what was I thinking lol
                        you said it not me, that we waited too long to get the most viable candidate
                        meaning that some great hires must have happened while we waited

so what did we miss out on ? andy reid ? marrone ? rob chud ?
                        where are all these sexy beast hires that we missed ?
                        sigpic Crushing internet tuffguys one at a time!!!

Originally Posted by BroncoLefty
                        Look Steeler fans....we know. We all know about the rings. We know about the past, ok? All you guys seem to want to do is talk about the past, I dont get it. The Patriots share this problem with you as well. Nobody cares-stop living in the past.<---- typical bronco forum hypocrite.

Comment

• we can visit this is a few years. the fact is, nobody knows what he can or will do as a HC. we can all be skeptical like me or cynical and biased like like kish but nobody knows.

i think a lot depends on the OC he brings in and what kind of offense they are going to run. if they totally change things up and go with a completely different style of offense, i will be more concerned.

but right now, i think replacing players at the right positions is just as important. both our new GM and HC have a lot of work to do.

Comment

• Ken Whisenhunt set to be San Diego Chargers OC

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...go-chargers-oc

nice

Comment

• Congrats, I hope that works out. I actually want the Chiefs and Chargers to get a little better (Raiders can stay in the league basement forever as far as I'm concerned) and back up to .500 or above, so long as the Broncos continue to dominate and sweep you all, of course. But I'm sick of the endless smack about the AFC West being the "worst division in football" and everyone accusing the Broncos' of having a "cupcake schedule" because of it.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• it's funny we got wiz after seeing people here wanted him

that makes the mccoy hire less painful to me lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X