If the Broncos lose......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Broncos lose......

If the Broncos lose (choke).....which is not out of the question by any stretch....what will become of the many loud mouth hyper reactive knee jerk-ING fans who have been spewing their mouths non stop once the Broncos gained a 3 game lead in the division and didn't look back?

Have any of you Denver fans considered for a moment this could be another 2005 repeat when the then 13-3 Broncos choked in the playoffs when they were expected to win and go all they way?

If the Broncos lose (choke) which season would you consider to be a more disappointing season, 2005 or 2012? Considering Denver's track record in the playoffs without Elway under center the words "choke" and "blowout" are synonymous with the word "Broncos"

Either way, Expectations are running a mile high so it's Lombardi or bust for Denver. Losing at any point in the playoffs would be an epic choke job of enormous proportion. All bets are off as the experts have thrown out deep playoff run. Manning is not Plummer so there will be NO excuses.

Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 01-10-2013, 11:18 PM.
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Eh well..... At least we aren't the Chargers.

Comment

And when they win will you shut up?
      I really like Cheese.

Comment

Dominate the division again next year and try again? Why is it Lombardi or bust, because you and the media think so? Whatevs.

Comment

This would definitely be more disappointing because we won a playoff game in 2005 (against the defending champs, no less) and we signed Peyton Manning in the offseason.

Besides, in 2005, we were probably gonna lose anyway. If the Colts beat the Steelers like they should've, Manning had our number the last 2 years in the playoffs. We would have had no shot against him. Luckily he's on our side now!!
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
            If the Broncos lose (choke).....which is not out of the question by any stretch....what will become of the many loud mouth hyper reactive knee jerk-ING fans who have been spewing their mouths non stop once the Broncos gained a 3 game lead in the division and didn't look back?
            What will become of the spewing loudmouthed fans of other teams visiting this board when we win?

Have any of you Denver fans considered for a moment this could be another 2005 repeat when the then 13-3 Broncos choked in the playoffs when they were expected to win and go all they way?
            You've answered your own question here:

Manning is not Plummer so ...

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
              ....in 2005...we were probably gonna lose anyway.
              I can assure you NO Denver fan ever mouthed this statement as nobody saw that loss IN DENVER coming LET ALONE A TOTAL CHOKE JOB BLOWOUT

Your statement above is called "losers mentality"
              Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

If they do, they do.

Comment

Will still be better than the chargers... go troll elsewhere.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

How many times did you guys say Phillis and chugglers had Mannings number, well it doesnt matter seeing that Manning swept you guys this season. So there really aint no sense in listening to what you guys have to say until you start winning games again haha but thanks for trying.

Comment

I can assure you NO Denver fan ever mouthed this statement as nobody saw that loss IN DENVER coming LET ALONE A TOTAL CHOKE JOB BLOWOUT

Your statement above is called "losers mentality"
                      I'll be honest, I actually wasn't into football yet (I did in 2006), but the Steelers beat Peyton Manning in his stadium. I'm sure the Broncos fans were at least worried about Pittsburgh. Besides, Jake Plummer wasn't a good enough QB to win a Super Bowl.
                      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Then I'll be devastated.

Not sure where you are going with this?

The media hypes up the Patriots just as much...so SB or bust for them too? HOWEVER, that's for every team, EVERY year. You play to win the SB...you do know that, right? You guys already busted. Congrats.
                        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

If the Broncos lose (choke) which season would you consider to be a more disappointing season, 2005 or 2012? Considering Denver's track record in the playoffs without Elway under center the words "choke" and "blowout" are synonymous with the word "Broncos"

Either way, Expectations are running a mile high so it's Lombardi or bust for Denver. Losing at any point in the playoffs would be an epic choke job of enormous proportion. All bets are off as the experts have thrown out deep playoff run. Manning is not Plummer so there will be NO excuses.

Hey, its the playoffs, this is where the big boys play, anybody can lose when your going up against the best teams in the NFL, thats what makes it exciting, it would suck if we lose and id feel bad, but with this team comming back next season id feel good about the future thats for sure......better then spending the playoffs dumpster diving for a Head Coach
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                            I'll be honest, I actually wasn't into football yet (I did in 2006), but the Steelers beat Peyton Manning in his stadium. I'm sure the Broncos fans were at least worried about Pittsburgh. Besides, Jake Plummer wasn't a good enough QB to win a Super Bowl.
                            I was actually at that game vs. Pittsburgh in 2006 in some of the best seats I've ever had, 20 ft away from the CBS crew on the club level, witnessing the worst game I've ever seen in person. No, I didn't expect that to happen at all, and I was far less worried about playing the Steelers in our house and yes, lots of us were relieved that they "saved" us from going to Indy by upsetting them, because we had been blown out by Manning in the previous two postseasons at Indy. Plummer's championship quality was still a question mark in many people's minds... until that game where his turnovers killed us. It was disappointing but really that D-line was made up of rejects from the Browns and it was no where near as good a team as this one, or the 1997/98 team. Even though the 2005 team had knocked off the Patriots in the divisional round, Superbowl hopes, expectations, and confidence weren't as high as this year, or in the late '90s.
                            Last edited by L.M.; 01-11-2013, 02:23 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Oh yeah, I have thought about the 2005 Pitt/Jake/ one and done fiasco for 8 years now. Just like the 1996 Jacksonville meltdown, just like all the Super Bowl Slaughter, ECT ECT BLAH BLAH BLAH!

BUT!!! Ya know what??? The two Super Bowl TRIUMPHS more then make up for it!!!!

As for the question, which will be worse, the 2005 or the 2012 ,NEITHER! 1996 was a million times worse! We had the team to beat the Cowgirls that year in my humble opinion, and it kept us from THREEPEATING!!!

2012, this is all gravy, considering I really honestly did not think Manning was even gonna stay healthy through the whole season, let alone win the division! I thought we would be REALLY fortunate if we finished 8-8 with that murderous schedule, so just goes to show you how much I know!

I really dont think enough credit has been given to the Offensive line keeping Manning healthy all year!
                              Last edited by Axemaster; 01-11-2013, 03:59 AM.
                              sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Working...
                              X