X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
    Was the Steelers "chokers" when Denver upset them last year in the first round?
    Yes.........

Leave a comment:

• Axemaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
    We were 4-12 just two years ago. We finished this season at 13-3.

We exceeded a lot of peoples expectations this year, but we did choke in the playoffs. It's crazy to think where we were just a short while ago to where we are now. Next year is looking promising.
    I wouldn't be so quick to label a "choke job" just yet, without a little perspective first.

Was the Steelers "chokers" when Denver upset them last year in the first round? If Denver is , they certainly were , being beat by a 8-8 team with a severly handicapped Offense!

Now I will admit, we only beat 2 Playoff teams all year, Cinncinatti and the Ravens both on the Road by the way, the three losses were only by six, six and 10 points, and two of those teams are in their Confrence Championship games, and most like will be the Super Bowl matchup, Atlanta and New England.

Remember all those 30 and 40 point blowout losses the last 5 years? Didnt happen once this year. Turnovers were down, scoring was up, and untill the Playoff debacle , the Retarded Coaching Gaffes were gone.

What I am hoping for most of all, is that Peyton and the rest of the team come back even MORE DETERMINED, just like Elway and the 96-98 teams!!!: curse that dang Tellway for puttin that in my head!

Leave a comment:

• Yakka27
    replied
    We were 4-12 just two years ago. We finished this season at 13-3.

We exceeded a lot of peoples expectations this year, but we did choke in the playoffs. It's crazy to think where we were just a short while ago to where we are now. Next year is looking promising.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    I was under the impression that 32 was the new 23
    Football players age in dog years lol

32 is still young normally :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    Says the guy who's team just hired our leftovers to be the HC of his team

Nice downgrade. How many years of River's career is McCoy going to waste before you need to start thinking about getting someone else? I mean he'll be 32 this year, and he's not exactly HoF material that would lead you to believe he has as long or longer than Manning et al Maybe what, 5 more years? Sounds to me like maybe you guys need to be looking for an upgrade before too long yourselves. lol Keep the dream alive there buddy!
    I was under the impression that 32 was the new 23

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Yes right now all the Broncos can hope for in their future is for Brock to be groomed but is he REALLY your long term answer? I think once Manning is finally done Broncos will be right back to the basement and typical revolving door.
    I don't see Fox or Elway to many more years as fail seems to be the hand writing on the wall.
    Says the guy who's team just hired our leftovers to be the HC of his team

Nice downgrade. How many years of River's career is McCoy going to waste before you need to start thinking about getting someone else? I mean he'll be 32 this year, and he's not exactly HoF material that would lead you to believe he has as long or longer than Manning et al Maybe what, 5 more years? Sounds to me like maybe you guys need to be looking for an upgrade before too long yourselves. lol Keep the dream alive there buddy!

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Originally posted by thuglife View Post
    Brock has to be learning a lot from Peyton so that's good. And Peyton should feel more comfortable in year 2
    Yes right now all the Broncos can hope for in their future is for Brock to be groomed but is he REALLY your long term answer? I think once Manning is finally done Broncos will be right back to the basement and typical revolving door.
    I don't see Fox or Elway to many more years as fail seems to be the hand writing on the wall.

Leave a comment:

• thuglife
    replied
    Brock has to be learning a lot from Peyton so that's good. And Peyton should feel more comfortable in year 2

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Originally posted by thuglife View Post
    Ya the season was way better than I thought it would be. We swept the division which is awesome. And won a lot of games to. Lot to look forward to with Peyton in year 2 should be fun
    I feel you are going to be eating those words.
    When are the Broncos going to start looking for a new replacement QB?

Leave a comment:

• thuglife
    replied
    Ya the season was way better than I thought it would be. We swept the division which is awesome. And won a lot of games to. Lot to look forward to with Peyton in year 2 should be fun

Leave a comment:

• orangebarrel
    replied
    Boy its quite in here.
    Where did all the talking go?

Where are all the a"rap"ers?
    Even though the season isn't what I wanted it to be it still turned out better than atleast 24 other teams seasons including the sorry sapps of the AFCW

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Boy its quite in here.
    Where did all the talking go?

Where are all the a"rap"ers?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    if it wasn't for those 2 special teams breakdown this game would have been a total blowout
    are we playing the what if game? what if that tipped pass is caught and not a pick six the game doesn't go to over time..what if the first PI on Denver isn't called then the Ravens don't score their first td. they punt what if the Chargers had a good quarter back to go with their defense then we might not have made the playoffs... I can play the if ands and buts game...tyhe truth is we lost at home in epic fashion in no large part given to any phase of the game defense offense coaching all sucked.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    congrats your team made an appearance in the playoffs.
    Thats taking it far alright.
    more than you can say for the last three years though ...lol

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    true, but you guys also have us beat with your epic record breaking division choke when you were up 3 games with 3 games to go.

after this game, none of us have any room to talk, we are both members of the chokers club with manning and rivers being president/vice president.
    Manning has a championship that removes him from any elected office like president ..Rivers thats another story.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X