Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning: professional playoff choker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wasn't Philip Rivers a professional playoff choker when he was in his prime?
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      Wasn't Philip Rivers a professional playoff choker when he was in his prime?
      not as prolific as manning though lol

      Comment


      • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        not as prolific as manning though lol
        Are you sure? Because Rivers went to the Super Bowl in 0% of his playoff runs.

        Both have the same win % in the playoffs:

        Peyton Manning: 9 wins in 21 games (42.85%)

        Philip Rivers: 3 wins in 7 games (42.85%)

        ...

        Peyton Manning: 12 playoff runs, 2 Super Bowl games (16.6%), 1 Super Bowl win (8.3%).

        Philip Rivers: 4 playoff runs, 0 Super Bowl games (0%), 0 Super Bowl wins (0%).

        ...

        Both Rivers and Manning choked in 57.15% of their playoff games, but Manning went to two Super Bowls and won one. Rivers does not even have a better winning percentage in the playoffs and never went to the Super Bowl. Zero is not a good number.

        Let's see if Rivers can improve his % if he gets back in the playoffs one day.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by super_boltz View Post
          I gotta be honest. I LOVED every second of the Denver choke job in the playoffs. It was great to see manning walk off the field a loser once again. Usually it's the chargers sending manning off the field in disgrace. But watching Ray Lewis in co do it AGAINST DENVER no less this time was even better. To hell with manning and the donkies from Denver. Here's to the Chargers with a denver insider as Hc and Kenny Dub as OC winning the west next year! GOOOOOO BOLTS
          This from a guy who talked smack daily all the way up to the third quarter of our first game vs the Chargers and then disappeared until we lost to the Ravens lol Pathetic http://forums.denverbroncos.com/sear...earchid=862017
          Last edited by Beagle; 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM.
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by orangebarrel View Post
            Really? So one year the whole team chokes in a game (probably a game they would have won without the poor officiating, but I won't make that an excuse) and you think Manning does that every year he's a Bronco? lol Let's face it, the broncos realistically have two or three more seasons before their window is over. And most likely, they'll win the division next year (unless you'd care to disagree ) and get at least one home playoff game. This is too good of an overall team to bet against with Manning I predict we go deep next season
            Realistically 3 more seasons?.... LOL!..Dude yo do realize that your QB is 37 right?
            You need to be educated with facts or a touch of reality in your case.
            Manning though a playoff choker is still in this class of Hall of Fame QBs, here is a list of more than 10 QBs and I am also including their age of retirement, with the exception of Elway all of them needed to retire.

            Troy Aikman, 36
            Terry Bradshaw, 35
            Len Dawson, 39
            Jim Kelly, 36
            Dan Fouts, 36
            Steve Young, 37
            Dan Marino, 38
            Joe Montana, 38
            Roger Staubach, 37
            Joe Nammath, 35
            John Elway, 38

            Comment


            • Originally posted by High Voltage View Post
              Realistically 3 more seasons?.... LOL!..Dude yo do realize that your QB is 37 right?
              You need to be educated with facts or a touch of reality in your case.
              Manning though a playoff choker is still in this class of Hall of Fame QBs, here is a list of more than 10 QBs and I am also including their age of retirement, with the exception of Elway all of them needed to retire.

              Troy Aikman, 36
              Terry Bradshaw, 35
              Len Dawson, 39
              Jim Kelly, 36
              Dan Fouts, 36
              Steve Young, 37
              Dan Marino, 38
              Joe Montana, 38
              Roger Staubach, 37
              Joe Nammath, 35
              John Elway, 38
              I'd bet money both Manning and Brady become the next in what will be the new norm of top echelon QBs that retire into their early 40's. Look up the sack totals of those QBs and compare that to Manning and Brady. The game isn't the same as the 80's and 90's. QB's, especially good ones, are going to start retiring later, because they don't have the wear and tear of the QB's of a couple decades ago.

              I'd say Manning having 3 years left is very reasonable, and barring significant injury or a Super Bowl win, I don't see him retiring before that as being very likely.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                you fail to see it because you are thinking i mean only manning choked. the entire team choked and contributed to a loss you guys should have won easily.

                17 points from turnovers committed by peyton manning and he didn't choke?? LMAO!! good one!!
                Well the topic of the thread is Manning playoff choker, hence the discussion on Manning. Anyhow...

                I know you watched the game and I know you know football. I also know you post in here to get everyone fired up.

                But if you can sit there with a straight face and tell me that the Ravens didn't benefit from several big flags that decided the outcome of the game then fine.

                I don't care about losing to a better team as in San Diego for a long time, the Pats last season and so on. But to watch a game decided by the refs and then to blame Manning is foolish.

                Go ahead and believe what you want to believe or say whatever but the proof is on the tape.
                Last edited by martz11; 01-20-2013, 07:03 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by High Voltage View Post
                  Realistically 3 more seasons?.... LOL!..Dude yo do realize that your QB is 37 right?
                  You need to be educated with facts or a touch of reality in your case.
                  Manning though a playoff choker is still in this class of Hall of Fame QBs, here is a list of more than 10 QBs and I am also including their age of retirement, with the exception of Elway all of them needed to retire.

                  Troy Aikman, 36
                  Terry Bradshaw, 35
                  Len Dawson, 39
                  Jim Kelly, 36
                  Dan Fouts, 36
                  Steve Young, 37
                  Dan Marino, 38
                  Joe Montana, 38
                  Roger Staubach, 37
                  Joe Nammath, 35
                  John Elway, 38
                  Hey dude where ya been since ealry this season weather have you down? Fair weather that is

                  Here is a list I have for you
                  Steve DeBerg QB 1998 Atlanta Falcons
                  Warren Moon QB 2000 Kansas City Chiefs
                  Vinny Testaverde QB 2007 Carolina Panthers
                  Earl Morrall QB 1976 Miami Dolphins
                  Brett Favre QB 2010 Minnesota Vikings
                  Len Dawson QB 1975 Kansas City Chiefs
                  Vince Evans QB 1995 Oakland Raiders
                  Joe Ferguson QB 1990 Indianapolis Colts
                  Jim Hart QB 1984 Washington Redskins
                  Brad Johnson QB 2008 Dallas Cowboys
                  Sonny Jurgensen QB 1974 Washington Redskins
                  Dave Krieg QB 1998 Tennessee Oilers
                  Johnny Unitas QB 1973 San Diego Chargers
                  Wade Wilson+ QB 1999 Oakland Raiders

                  All 40+ when they retired and the Majority of them still starters
                  Last edited by Beagle; 01-20-2013, 07:12 PM.
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by martz11 View Post
                    Well the topic of the thread is Manning playoff choker, hence the discussion on Manning. Anyhow...

                    I know you watched the game and I know you know football. I also know you post in here to get everyone fired up.

                    But if you can sit there with a straight face and tell me that the Ravens didn't benefit from several big flags that decided the outcome of the game then fine.

                    I don't care about losing to a better team as in San Diego for a long time, the Pats last season and so on. But to watch a game decided by the refs and then to blame Manning is foolish.

                    Go ahead and believe what you want to believe or say whatever but the proof is on the tape.
                    The refs? Really? come on dude there were bad calls both ways. were some of the ones they got big....not imO but Moore not doing his Job was huge.
                    Originally posted by baphamet
                    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      Are you sure? Because Rivers went to the Super Bowl in 0% of his playoff runs.

                      Both have the same win % in the playoffs:

                      Peyton Manning: 9 wins in 21 games (42.85%)

                      Philip Rivers: 3 wins in 7 games (42.85%)

                      ...

                      Peyton Manning: 12 playoff runs, 2 Super Bowl games (16.6%), 1 Super Bowl win (8.3%).

                      Philip Rivers: 4 playoff runs, 0 Super Bowl games (0%), 0 Super Bowl wins (0%).

                      ...

                      Both Rivers and Manning choked in 57.15% of their playoff games, but Manning went to two Super Bowls and won one. Rivers does not even have a better winning percentage in the playoffs and never went to the Super Bowl. Zero is not a good number.

                      Let's see if Rivers can improve his % if he gets back in the playoffs one day.
                      I guess even if Rivers makes it to the Super Bowl and wins one then he will still be looked at as a Choker by Charger fans.
                      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

                      Comment


                      • I think it's hilarious anyone could attempt to spin the loss onto Manning.

                        Comment


                        • Your thread would be valid if QB P. Manning never won a super bowl
                          (granted it was with Indy) but he did.

                          Your QB on the other hand, well...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            The refs? Really? come on dude there were bad calls both ways. were some of the ones they got big....not imO but Moore not doing his Job was huge.
                            Interference on the pick 6, tuck rule not enforced, Boldin ball clearly hit the ground, PI against Carter. All lead to 21 Raven points...dude.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by High Voltage View Post
                              Realistically 3 more seasons?.... LOL!..Dude yo do realize that your QB is 37 right?
                              You need to be educated with facts or a touch of reality in your case.
                              Manning though a playoff choker is still in this class of Hall of Fame QBs, here is a list of more than 10 QBs and I am also including their age of retirement, with the exception of Elway all of them needed to retire.

                              Troy Aikman, 36
                              Terry Bradshaw, 35
                              Len Dawson, 39
                              Jim Kelly, 36
                              Dan Fouts, 36
                              Steve Young, 37
                              Dan Marino, 38
                              Joe Montana, 38
                              Roger Staubach, 37
                              Joe Nammath, 35
                              John Elway, 38
                              Wow guys! It's a fan from an opposing team in the AFCW who thinks Manning will simply "poof"!! Vanish away within a year and the Chargers with Phillip Rivers will race back to the lead of the division like Manning never even happened sorry bro it's not that simple. 7 quick reasons why Manning won't disappear sometime soon:

                              1. Do you realize Manning is actually 36? If you don't think Manning can play until he's 39 then your delusional.
                              2. Manning takes so few sacks that his wear and tear is not as advanced as other Qb's. There were actually some games where Manning was virtually untouched the whole game.
                              3. Manning took a whole year off of football, therefore a year where he had no wear and tear from football at all.
                              4. Manning has an OFFENSIVE LINE in Denver, and a damn good one too. That's a word that most charger fans have simply forgotten .
                              5. Manning showed no real signs of age this year at all, statistically it was one of his best years ever.
                              6. All the Qb's you named on the list played a more physical brand of Qb than Manning, advancing the aging process.
                              7. He plays in the AFCW all the defenses besides ours are mediocre at best, better yet with virtually zero pass rush. The pass rusher Manning goes up against is Melvin freaking Ingram lmao
                              UNITED IN ORANGE!

                              Comment


                              • They should have taped a cheetah to Peyton's back

                                just sayin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X