Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning: professional playoff choker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    i don't disagree, your entire team choked. but manning made some key mistakes at some key times, something he does quite a bit in the playoffs for some reason.
    Manning tossed for 3 TDs and we put up 35 points. If you woulds told me we score 35 and lose I woulda slapped you lol. Thats all the defense
    UNITED IN ORANGE!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
      IMO D choked, O choked (although your O had a great late drive) and ST played ghreat

      remember your O GAVE ravens 2 tds (pick 6 and the peyton fumble)

      special teams was awesome, you never get 14 points out of a ST on 2 plays, that`s amazing
      This was a team wide choke. If Prater didn't kick the damn dirt we wouldn't be talking about this either. All phases choked at some point in this game.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
        This one has to be on the coaches as well as manning. You paid a guy nearly 100 million to lead u to a Super Bowl and take the game out of his hands when you can pick up a 1st down n seal the victory??? Nice!

        Oh well on a talkin smack side Manning > Rivers.......at 1 & Done's in the playoffs. (:

        Sorry couldn't resist. Maybe you can still trade for Eli??? Lol
        dude even the ravens fans were pissed with the rice up the middle on 1st down all day lol

        no one likes the coaches when ya lose
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
          This was a team wide choke. If Prater didn't kick the damn dirt we wouldn't be talking about this either. All phases choked at some point in this game.
          i agree, i think you could say that about both teams out there

          you have so much you could blame on balt if they had lost, the wrs dropping passes, the ST not covering lanes

          it just happened that one team lost and one didn`t

          my motto was always, if ya get to OT , you played good enough to win and bad enough to lose
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
            This one has to be on the coaches as well as manning. You paid a guy nearly 100 million to lead u to a Super Bowl and take the game out of his hands when you can pick up a 1st down n seal the victory??? Nice!

            Oh well on a talkin smack side Manning > Rivers.......at 1 & Done's in the playoffs. (:

            Sorry couldn't resist. Maybe you can still trade for Eli??? Lol
            McCoy can't get a new HC job fast enough. You sure you guys don't want 'em?
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
              dude even the ravens fans were pissed with the rice up the middle on 1st down all day lol

              no one likes the coaches when ya lose
              Winning can mask problems.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                LMAO!!!!!

                some things never change, even when you change teams, huh?

                CHOKERS!!!!!!
                Yep. We deserve this. We choked away this game and it sucks.

                Comment


                • #38
                  i wouldnt say manning choked ....other than the int at the end

                  his first int was a pass right to decker...sure there was uncalled pi on it...but that wasnt on manning

                  a fumble should have been a tuck...he went to pass and attempted to brng it back in and dropped it...thats a tuck

                  another fumble that was negated by a penelty hs knee was down

                  i gotta question the conservative playcalling at times and specifically at the last drive in reg...of course you need to kill the clock and so you run...but on 3rd and 7...a 1st down ends the game... is the exact reason we are paying manning 20 mill

                  no i say the team choked, but specificatly the defense and the coaches
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Im not sure if I call this a choke, still too mad to process it all. It was an extremely hard fought and close game. Had they blown us out then I would absolutely agree.
                    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                      i wouldnt say manning choked ....other than the int at the end

                      his first int was a pass right to decker...sure there was uncalled pi on it...but that wasnt on manning

                      a fumble should have been a tuck...he went to pass and attempted to brng it back in and dropped it...thats a tuck

                      another fumble that was negated by a penelty hs knee was down

                      i gotta question the conservative playcalling at times and specifically at the last drive in reg...of course you need to kill the clock and so you run...but on 3rd and 7...a 1st down ends the game... is the exact reason we are paying manning 20 mill

                      no i say the team choked, but specificatly the defense and the coaches
                      You think that was an uncalled PI???? Quit listening to Dierdork. Biased as always. You got beat by a better team... just admit it already.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        A couple things Bronco fans and I'll TRY to be brief.

                        1. I am sorry about the outcome, I had started dreaming of a Bronco/Packers SB and the showdown that would be. I would ask you to remember that it was a heck of a game. I can't think of a better one all season.

                        2. There is a special kind of anger when a kicker blows the game and I feel for you on that one, I really do.

                        3. I will not forgive you for losing this game as there are Giant and Patriot fans in my circle and they will be insufferable for the foreseeable future.

                        4. I don't consider this game a choke-job. Were you favored? Yes. Were you generally in the lead? Yes. Did you seem to be in control most of the game? Yes. However, you played them hard down to OT, that isn't a choke job in my book.

                        5. It will be tempting to blame the game on certain individuals, but unless they missed an equivalent of 3+ field goals it is undeserved. If I learned anything watching the Chargers this year it is that losing is a team effort.

                        6. That was a heck of a play by Carter, I think it was (batting down that pass that a TE had in his HANDS)? I look forward to seeing more of Hillman next year. Last but certainly not least, what a day for Trindon Holliday.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Rauchbier View Post
                          You think that was an uncalled PI???? Quit listening to Dierdork. Biased as always. You got beat by a better team... just admit it already.
                          When you rake the receiver's arm before the ball gets there, that's called pass interference or "PI". Also, four question marks leads me to believe that you are somewhat confused or disoriented. Is there an adult in the room that can dial 911 or assist you in any way? If not, maybe I can help. I'm not a medical professional, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I always gave one of my friends crap for being a Colts fan and told him that Elway was still the GOAT, and Peyton is the Greatest Choker of All Time.

                            Guess the joke's on me.

                            It was a team loss, and Fox deserves some of the blame for being so damn conservative. Manning didn't need to throw that risky pass at the end though, it was freaking second down! PFM.

                            I'm rooting for a Ravens/Packers SB now.
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Rauchbier View Post
                              You think that was an uncalled PI???? Quit listening to Dierdork. Biased as always. You got beat by a better team... just admit it already.
                              If you had eyes or a brain, you'd understand that pulling a receivers' arm down while your other arm is wrapped around the receivers' hip before the ball gets there is PI.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                                What are you talking about? You always run out the clock when you have 35 seconds and two timeouts left.
                                I never said anything about that..The coaches blew it going for the long FG at the end of the half with a 7 point lead and knowing your getting the ball to start the second half..you punt that ball every time and give yourself a chance to make it a 2 score lead. Thats just an easy choice as a coach. Like I said we sucked today in all phases of the game except ST. Here is my excuse we choked the end.
                                Originally posted by baphamet
                                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X