Champ Needs To Move To FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Needs To Move To FS

He's clearly too old and too slow to guard #1 WRs anymore. If I was Elway I'd suggest to Del Rio and Fox to move Champ to FS, so he can make plays on the ball, rather than the man. He should have no trouble guarding slot receivers and he tackles well.

Then I'd trade Rheem Moore with some draft picks and try to get a good CB1 to guard the WR1s. I'm not sure Porter will be able to guard WR1s, maybe include him in the Moore trade. At least thats what I would do if I was the Broncos' GM.

Lol another pointless thread.

Look, Rahim Moore made a bad play, we all get it. Manning made terrible plays, Fox called terrible plays and managed the clock like a DA. Champ got burned multiple times.

Moore has been pretty solid all season, he makes one bad play and all of Broncos nation wants him out. Its pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Thunda View Post

Look, Rahim Moore made a bad play, we all get it. Manning made terrible plays, Fox called terrible plays and managed the clock like a DA. Champ got burned multiple times.

Moore has been pretty solid all season, he makes one bad play and all of Broncos nation wants him out. Its pitiful.
      Not sure I agree with this. Moore has been on the bubble all season and considered by many to be a let down. Many would say drafting a safety is a priority and this just underscores that need.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, what is the title of this thread? The only reason I think Moore should be traded is because Champ would play his position and Moore is too good to ride the bench. He has trade value. I'm not putting all the blame on Moore for last night's loss, although he is part of the reason they lost.

Comment

I know man, last night hurts. But the Broncos are still a championship caliber team, they gotta move forward and improve even more. I think my idea would help.

We just have to hope that the Broncos bounce back from last night's disappointment, like they did in '96...then go on and win two straight SBs.

Comment

Champ does need to move to safety.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Guys champ was playing press coverage on a #1 receiver. Which means we are relying on the pass rush to hurry the qb before Torrey Smith gets open. Meaning it is ridiculously hard for ANY cb to stick on any WR press coverage 20 yards plus down the field. Much less 50. Thats on the pass rush for allowing Flacco to step into an absolute bomb down the field, not champ bailey
              UNITED IN ORANGE!

Comment

Shame on Champ for not being as fast as one of the fastest WRs in the league. Look, nobody can cover Smith on a streak for 4+ seconds. It's simple physics. The Ravens' o-line was allowed to do whatever they wanted on Saturday and the pass rush couldn't get there. A scheme takes 11 guys getting the job done to work.

Champ is still head and shoulder the best CB on our roster, on just about every team's roster. Until we have someone in place that can make his move to safety more lucrative than destructive it's out of the question.

Comment

we will take him if you guys don't want him

Comment

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
                    He's clearly too old and too slow to guard #1 WRs anymore. If I was Elway I'd suggest to Del Rio and Fox to move Champ to FS, so he can make plays on the ball, rather than the man. He should have no trouble guarding slot receivers and he tackles well.

Then I'd trade Rheem Moore with some draft picks and try to get a good CB1 to guard the WR1s. I'm not sure Porter will be able to guard WR1s, maybe include him in the Moore trade. At least thats what I would do if I was the Broncos' GM.
                    He isn't big enough for the beating that a Safety takes, and has to dish out, and after Saturday, it's obvious he has lost a step!

It is baffling to me too, it had to be the cold because that secondary hadnt played that bad all year.
                    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Champ would make a dangerous safety with his savvy. Champ has lost a step and it's okay. It happens to everyone. At this point, he could be a huge benefit roaming the backfield as a safety. I have actually felt this way for several years. No one usually throws to him. Historically they just pick on the other side of the field. Put him in the back, and the QB has to worry about where he is at constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                        Shame on Champ for not being as fast as one of the fastest WRs in the league. Look, nobody can cover Smith on a streak for 4+ seconds. It's simple physics. The Ravens' o-line was allowed to do whatever they wanted on Saturday and the pass rush couldn't get there. A scheme takes 11 guys getting the job done to work.

Champ is still head and shoulder the best CB on our roster, on just about every team's roster. Until we have someone in place that can make his move to safety more lucrative than destructive it's out of the question.
                        I am Puddleglum, and I approve this message.

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        we will take him if you guys don't want him
                        Bingo

For what it is worth, I was a doubter of Moore seeing him play his rookie year but he has progressed. That's "Moore" than can be said for many SD draft picks in the past 3 years.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                          I am Puddleglum, and I approve this message.

Bingo

For what it is worth, I was a doubter of Moore seeing him play his rookie year but he has progressed. That's "Moore" than can be said for many SD draft picks in the past 3 years.
                          It's a really sad the ignorance of some "fans" nice post dude cp
                          Originally posted by baphamet
                          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

I agree. This has been coming for sometime -- it's not just from being butthurt after a loss. Get real.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              It's a really sad the ignorance of some "fans" nice post dude cp
                              If you're referring to me as the "ignorant fan"...two things....

1. Just about every CB starter who gets long in the tooth, eventually moves to safety. Ronnie Lott is one HOFer who did it and there are countless others.

2. If I'm so ignorant, why are there others in this thread who agree with me?

If you disagree with me...fine. But dont call me ignorant, when its your ignorance about how starting CBs usually end their careers is the ignorance thats been displayed.

Comment

Working...
                              X