Champ Needs To Move To FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
    If you're referring to me as the "ignorant fan"...two things....

1. Just about every CB starter who gets long in the tooth, eventually moves to safety. Ronnie Lott is one HOFer who did it and there are countless others.

2. If I'm so ignorant, why are there others in this thread who agree with me?

If you disagree with me...fine. But dont call me ignorant, when its your ignorance about how starting CBs usually end their careers is the ignorance thats been displayed.
    That isn't true at all. Most CB never play safety and many who tried didn't do very well. Some have as you pointed out but to say almost every older CB moves to safety is not even close to the truth.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      That isn't true at all. Most CB never play safety and many who tried didn't do very well. Some have as you pointed out but to say almost every older CB moves to safety is not even close to the truth.
      I left out "who can tackle", so...

I'll bet you almost every starting CB who can tackle, who gets too old to guard WR1s or WR2s, moves to free-safety. I've seen it lots of times. I think Champ has enough talent left to be a good FS.

So if Del Rio and Fox dont move Champ to a safety, what do you think will happen? Champ is not getting any younger or faster, he's going to get to the point soon where the WR1s are burning him on a regular basis. So what do ya do? Trade him? Trading him or moving him are the only options. What happened on Sat. to Champ will not be an isolated incident and Torry Smith isnt even that great of a WR.

Comment

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
        I left out "who can tackle", so...

I'll bet you almost every starting CB who can tackle, who gets too old to guard WR1s or WR2s, moves to free-safety. I've seen it lots of times. I think Champ has enough talent left to be a good FS.

So if Del Rio and Fox dont move Champ to a safety, what do you think will happen? Champ is not getting any younger or faster, he's going to get to the point soon where the WR1s are burning him on a regular basis. So what do ya do? Trade him? Trading him or moving him are the only options. What happened on Sat. to Champ will not be an isolated incident and Torry Smith isnt even that great of a WR.
        name 5 that switched and did well...without looking it up.

What do I think will happen? Champ will retire a CB. Count on it.
        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          name 5 that switched and did well...without looking it up.

What do I think will happen? Champ will retire a CB. Count on it.
          I've already mentioned Ronnie Lott and here is a sports writer who agrees with me....

"it's probably just a matter of time until Denver 12-year veteran Champ Bailey, a 10-time Pro Bowl cornerback and potential future Hall of Fame member, goes to safety. Some NFL personnel people feel that San Diego cornerback Quentin Jammer will eventually make the move. Ronde Barber of Tampa Bay, arguably the best slot cornerback in the league in recent seasons, has for years been regarded as a safety candidate."

Champ moving to FS is not as improbable as you may think.

Comment

Champ looked pretty washed up. Not sure if moving him to FS is gonna do the broncos any good.
            Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Working...
            X