Oakland Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denversdivision View Post
    What an idiotic statement , you don't belong in the smack section bro , head over to the fisher price boards
    Sure it is buddy keep telling yourself that

Comment

• Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
      Just to throw some fuel on the burning Raiders. They reportedly have $45 million in dead money this year. Which means they're operating with less than $80 million in cap space. That is unbelievable! I was staying out of this thread until I saw that number.

Raider fan can go right ahead and feel like you're not that bad off or that you have something to come here and smack about. Truth is we're light years ahead of the poor excuse of an organization that you are.
      I think McKenzie could do a good job as a GM, but that number just shows how piss poor the management was before he got there. It's going to take a few solid drafts before the Raiders can dig themselves out of that hole. Fortunately for the rest AFC West, the previous guys in charge traded way a lot of those draft picks.
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
        Fortunately for the rest AFC West, the previous guys in charge traded way a lot of those draft picks.
        Yeah, but unfortunately for the AFC west, the guy responsible for the madness died. RIP Mr. Davis, you will be missed, if not for the colorful character you were, and what you did for the NFL in the merger years, then for what you did to your franchise for us lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• In all likelihood, the Raiders will be quite bad this year. At worst they will challenge for the worst record in the NFL and the #1 draft pick. At best, if everything goes right and Flynn is a quality starting QB, and if McFadden stays healthy (he never has for an entire season), they will be around .500 and challenge for a wildcard. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on the former rather than the latter.

However, no matter what happens, the Raiders will have $50-60 million in cap room, no bad contracts, and a full stable of draft picks (minus the late round pick that was given for Flynn). This has never happened in the modern cap era.

Reggie McKenzie has made all the right moves so far in getting rid of bloated contracts and underachieving players. This puts the Raiders in position to be successful in the future. Whether or not they are will depend on the picks he makes and the players he signs, but at least the money and the picks will be there, for the first time ever in the salary cap era.

Honestly, probably the best thing that can happen to the Raiders this year is to be horribly bad and get the #1 pick in the draft. Next year's draft will probably feature Jadveon Clowney, Teddy Bridgewater, and Johnnie Manziel. One of those players, plus $50-60 million in cap room, could set the Raiders up for a multi year run as a contender.

Comment

• In all likelihood, the Raiders will be quite bad this year. At worst they will challenge for the worst record in the NFL and the #1 draft pick. At best, if everything goes right and Flynn is a quality starting QB, and if McFadden stays healthy (he never has for an entire season), they will be around .500 and challenge for a wildcard. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on the former rather than the latter.

However, no matter what happens, the Raiders will have $50-60 million in cap room, no bad contracts, and a full stable of draft picks (minus the late round pick that was given for Flynn). This has never happened in the modern cap era.

Reggie McKenzie has made all the right moves so far in getting rid of bloated contracts and underachieving players. This puts the Raiders in position to be successful in the future. Whether or not they are will depend on the picks he makes and the players he signs, but at least the money and the picks will be there, for the first time ever in the salary cap era.

Honestly, probably the best thing that can happen to the Raiders this year is to be horribly bad and get the #1 pick in the draft. Next year's draft will probably feature Jadveon Clowney, Teddy Bridgewater, and Johnnie Manziel. One of those players, plus $50-60 million in cap room, could set the Raiders up for a multi year run as a contender.

Comment

• sorry for the double post

Comment

• It would be smart for the raiders to throw the season , get the #1pick in 2014 , get a top ranked qb and use some of the chunk they will have to get a decent o line, though as bad as they are they might not have to throe much. I'd actually use mcfad very little , try to preserve him for 2014 and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by denversdivision View Post
                  It would be smart for the raiders to throw the season , get the #1pick in 2014 , get a top ranked qb and use some of the chunk they will have to get a decent o line, though as bad as they are they might not have to throe much. I'd actually use mcfad very little , try to preserve him for 2014 and beyond.
                  I disagree. They can find a qb later on in the draft, their pick should be the top player coming out and that is Jadeveon Clowney from South Carolina. He will menace teams for years.

sigpic
                  The Bronco fan pledge;
                  I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                  I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                  I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                  I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                  Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

• Clowney looks to be Lawrence Taylor 2.0. He has freakish speed for his size and plays with an edge.

The Raiders better hope Flynn is a quality QB. Not necessarily a franchise guy, but a better than average starter because they probably won't be getting a franchise QB in this draft, and if they do get #1 next year, they may very well take Clowney, and may even be wise to do so.

Comment

• It won't matter if they can only score 16 points a game , or less , though clowney would be a good choice also ,

Comment

• Originally posted by coloradoraider View Post
                        I think there is a GREAT chance you will get your wish. When you have a defense where the starters are the Broncos rejects (Tracy Porter/Jason Hunter), you are well on your way! Congrats on having a team this year that might not be able to win one game at all this year!

Comment

• They should get in the running for Jamarcus Russell now that he's trying to make a comeback. After all the money Russell got out of the Raiders, he might give them a discount

LOL
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                            They should get in the running for Jamarcus Russell now that he's trying to make a comeback. After all the money Russell got out of the Raiders, he might give them a discount

LOL
                            You guys should sign him up to be Manning's successor. He'll be good for at least 8 wins since he never loses in Denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                              You guys should sign him up to be Manning's successor. He'll be good for at least 8 wins since he never loses in Denver.
                              LMAo!!
                              Last edited by RaiderFanSD; 04-10-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                                With his weight and love of oxycotton I am not sure he could handle being in Denver for more then 1 game out of the year, but signing him as a backup for the league minimum isnt a bad idea if we want a DT, at least we wont be giving him over $60 mill
                                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                                X