Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL at Baltimore.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    maybe they offered it to manning but he declined? i think its stupid that they are upset about this, what if they got a pure actor to play the part? how pissed would they be then?

    its just a freakin movie, the person playing the role of JU doesn't have to be as good as he was in real life, that is just absurd.

    i honestly don't know why they are even using a real QB to play the part, they should get an actor for that IMO
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      maybe they offered it to manning but he declined? i think its stupid that they are upset about this, what if they got a pure actor to play the part? how pissed would they be then?

      its just a freakin movie, the person playing the role of JU doesn't have to be as good as he was in real life, that is just absurd.

      i honestly don't know why they are even using a real QB to play the part, they should get an actor for that IMO
      I think it might be because of Colts/Ravens/Baltimore/moving van/where Unitas' stats ended up kind of thing. I think Unitas was still quite upset about things.
      Administrator

      #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

      #LupusAwarenessMonth

      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

      Comment


      • #78
        Leave it to Fox news to only tell half the story.
        The movie is actually being made, and the decision to use Flacco by the "Unitas family" - Joe Unitas, Johnny's son by his second marriage. The two half-brothers have been feuding for years, and Johnny U was a Ravens fan - used to hang out on the sidelines.

        Flacco won't be acting, he's basically being used as a stunt-double for the footbal scenes only.

        Comment


        • #79
          So he will be acting like a real quarterback...

          kind of like he does every season... he should be an expert at pretending to be a great quarterback

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by hopedawg View Post
            Leave it to Fox news to only tell half the story.
            The movie is actually being made, and the decision to use Flacco by the "Unitas family" - Joe Unitas, Johnny's son by his second marriage. The two half-brothers have been feuding for years, and Johnny U was a Ravens fan - used to hang out on the sidelines.

            Flacco won't be acting, he's basically being used as a stunt-double for the footbal scenes only.
            Yeah he is a good stunt double for a REAL [email protected]! He is getting PAID like he is a real QB though.
            sigpicoh YEAH?

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Remedy View Post
              So he will be acting like a real quarterback...

              kind of like he does every season... he should be an expert at pretending to be a great quarterback
              sigpic

              Hooray, beer!

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                maybe they offered it to manning but he declined? i think its stupid that they are upset about this, what if they got a pure actor to play the part? how pissed would they be then?

                its just a freakin movie, the person playing the role of JU doesn't have to be as good as he was in real life, that is just absurd.

                i honestly don't know why they are even using a real QB to play the part, they should get an actor for that IMO
                Imagine how bad He Got Game was if they didnt get Ray Allen to play the part of the best player in the country, sports movies need athletes to make it more realistic, but surround them with some good actors to raise the level of talent. However, in football you can get away with not seeing the main characters face when hes makes a move thanks to the helmets.

                Truth is Flacco does have a strong arm so playing the first real legendary strong arm QB he does have the right tools. Yet personality wise hes to introverted to be someone as charismatic as Unitas was
                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                Comment


                • #83
                  “If you want a quarterback, go with Peyton Manning,” John said. “My father was just like that. This is a joke.”
                  John Unitas Jr.
                  The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    BTW, JOE Unitas was the only family member present on the sidelines to congratulate Drew Brees when he broke the record. JU Jr and his son couldn't be bothered.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                      Imagine how bad He Got Game was if they didnt get Ray Allen to play the part of the best player in the country, sports movies need athletes to make it more realistic, but surround them with some good actors to raise the level of talent. However, in football you can get away with not seeing the main characters face when hes makes a move thanks to the helmets.

                      Truth is Flacco does have a strong arm so playing the first real legendary strong arm QB he does have the right tools. Yet personality wise hes to introverted to be someone as charismatic as Unitas was
                      actually, most of the great sports movies i can think of don't feature real professional athletes as the main actor or actor's.

                      they would have to likely put in a "stunt double" when they filled him making throws in games, but they could get any scrub or retired player to do that.

                      i just think its stupid they are complaining about flacco when you know they would be okay with it if he was a future HOF'er and one of the best ever like manning.

                      i fail to see what someones real life accomplishments has to do with playing the part of JU in a freakin movie.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        actually, most of the great sports movies i can think of don't feature real professional athletes as the main actor or actor's.

                        they would have to likely put in a "stunt double" when they filled him making throws in games, but they could get any scrub or retired player to do that.

                        i just think its stupid they are complaining about flacco when you know they would be okay with it if he was a future HOF'er and one of the best ever like manning.

                        i fail to see what someones real life accomplishments has to do with playing the part of JU in a freakin movie.
                        Truth is hiring one of the least charismatic QB's to act in a film is a disaster waiting to happen, lets hope he can act otherwise his personality is going to ruin the movie.
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                          Truth is hiring one of the least charismatic QB's to act in a film is a disaster waiting to happen, lets hope he can act otherwise his personality is going to ruin the movie.
                          that is why you hire professional actors in the first place. very few pro athletes are also good actors, i think picking any real NFL QB to play the part is not a great idea.

                          like i said before, there is a reason why the vast majority of sports films don't feature real pro athletes as one of the main characters.

                          if anything, they should be upset that they didn't hire a real actor to play the part.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            that is why you hire professional actors in the first place. very few pro athletes are also good actors, i think picking any real NFL QB to play the part is not a great idea.

                            like i said before, there is a reason why the vast majority of sports films don't feature real pro athletes as one of the main characters.

                            if anything, they should be upset that they didn't hire a real actor to play the part.
                            I wouldnt mind it if they hired someone with personality
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X