new draft staff required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aztecstargazer View Post
    I like how you posted the results of former drafts like I didn't know. Williams is not the caliber of player that is deserving of being a first round draft pick. I would have loved for us to draft a better player at DT or a better player at LB. Manti Teo would have been a good pick. Or at least trade down. This is a player whose lack of experience is going to become immediately appearent against battle tested professionals in the NFL.
    He is graded as the 18th best player in this draft with a 92 overall.

But, as you said, he's not a 1st round talent, because there are only 17 picks in the 1st round.

OH WAIT...........
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

He started this in smack not to garner real discussion.. but just to stir the pot and get some reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
        I was a bit perplexed by Denver's draft choice, last night...but then I thought about it.

This is only my opinion, but I believe Elway, Fox and Co, wanted Werner like everyone was predicting, but Werner was gone by the time Denver was up. So they had to go with a back-up plan. I think that back-up plan is to move Wolfe to DE, which I think be played at times last season and last-night's draft pick will fill the DT position vacated by Wolfe.

OR...

There are rumors Freeney may still sign with Denver after the draft. Freeney did say he wanted to wait til the draft to sign with someone, so he may come to Denver after all. Not sure who would be a better DE at this point...a young, developing Wolfe or a proven (but a bit old) vet like Sweeney. Interesting to see how this plays out.
        Elway said they wanted Sly. They just thought that they had 0 chance, because he NEVER fell to them in the mock drafts they did. They never had him get by Minnesota.

There are still some really good DE's in the 2nd round...don't be surprised if we trade up and take one....or have Moore fall to us in the 2nd.
        Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 04-26-2013, 01:25 PM. Reason: sp

sigpic

Comment

you guys should see all the freaking out the charges fans are doing on the chargers forum, i am surprised arapaho isn't making threads about it.
          sigpic

Comment

Please, that was a solid annalysis and you know it. Any of those names would be a better producer than dereck wolfe or brock oswieler. Wolfe wasn't even a starter. He only started becasue of injury and only got production because of Miller and Dumerville.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              you guys should see all the freaking out the charges fans are doing on the chargers forum, i am surprised arapaho isn't making threads about it.
              You know... I hadn't thought about it... I usually take a look or two at some of your threads I enjoy the melt downs. I feel the cowboys would have some interesting conversations on their forums too.. maybe that will be something I can do before work for a few chuckles. hahaha

Comment

Maybe if the Broncos would draft with any reckongnizable sense of compitance I wouldn't have to complaign. They draft like they are in the a round behind. They take 2nd rounders in the first round, 3rd's in the 2nd and so on. It is confusing and borders on fiscally irresponsible. The "announcers and analysts" are correct. Getting this player in lower rounds is a good thing because he is NOT first round caliber. Period. This is the kind of player who skated by on his size in college. This is the NFL where being a giant meat sack isn't going to cut it. You need talent, experience and then size. Our interior line backers are going to be hurting a lot this year if he is in the game for any period of time.

Comment

Maybe if the Broncos would draft with any reckongnizable sense of compitance I wouldn't have to complaign.
                  Well, before you criticize our FO's competence, I'd recommend learning how to spell it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                    He started this in smack not to garner real discussion.. but just to stir the pot and get some reactions.
                    I moved it to smack as there is no way he could have started a thread that way and intended it to be anything but smack.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      not saying i agree with the OP but lets be honest here. miller was a no brainer, everyone knew you guys would pick him as he was the best defensive player in the draft.
                      That's not entirely true. It really wasn't until a week before the draft that Miller was our target. Even the day before the draft we were pretty split between Dareus and Miller. Heck, before the combine everyone wanted Bowers or Fairly. Just shows how ridiculous the draft process is and how uninformed us fans are

Comment

Please, that was a solid annalysis and you know it. Any of those names would be a better producer than dereck wolfe or brock oswieler. Wolfe wasn't even a starter. He only started becasue of injury and only got production because of Miller and Dumerville.
                        I haven't seen you do any actual analysis in any of your posts on here so far so I am confused what analysis you are talking about. Writing down three names in two rounds doesn't mean you have done analysis it means you have written down three different names for two rounds...

I liked the the Sly pick last night because of the few starting positions of need we have as a team DT was definitely one of them. Who would you have taken that was there at 28. If so why? Also were they drafted in the four slots after us yesterday? If no, I will assume you are incorrect as the scouts and FO of the NFL organizations know more than you about player analysis. Guaranteed.
                        sigpic

Comment

These are all players who could have been drafted far later in the draft. As far as I can see Von Miller is the only solid draft selection in recent memory. You can't say, "I guess they are good enough", and just draft them. These players may be solid enough to fill in a roster plagued with injury, but they are not worthy of such prestige or payment at the possition they were drafted at. Trading down to get decent players is wise, but not when you draft them at rediculous times. And I'm not even upset about the possition the selected, DT is a solid team need ATM, but there were and are better DT's in the pool. Swing and a miss. The first round is for plug and play. Immediate starters. If you want project players, trade down, accumulate picks and trade up high next season. You can't pick like the 15th best player at a possition in the first round and say,"good job". You just can't.
                          I cant believe I am even dignifying this garbage with a response, but you cant be serious. Elway has made 16 draft picks in two years and only one (a 6th round pick) is no longer on the team. Miller is an elite OLB, Moore is an above average starter (and the #1 ranked safety in his class) and an improving player. Franklin graded out as a top 10 RT last year and is also improving. The only draft picks that Elway has made that havent made positive contributions to our team are Mohamed (Cut), Beal (Practice Squad/IR), Thomas, and Blake (IR). We have had an excellent track record drafting the last two seasons and Sylvester Williams looks to continue that tradition. He was absolutely a 1st round talent and likely should have gone 5-10 picks earlier than where we got him. I couldn't be more pleased with the drafting by Elway and Matt Russell.

Comment

I did no research this season. It was as I expected, a waste of time and effort. Last season I was at almost 80% through the first 3 rounds. The Broncos picks were baffling then, and I saw no reason to expect a break in the trend. I will give the front office credit for firing McDummy and Hiring John Elway. I'll even give them a ton of credit in free-agency and all of that. But I can't give them any real credit for their drafting decisions. I just can't. I would still like to see Manti Teo on our team. We should have got him yesterday.

Comment

I did no research this season. It was as I expected, a waste of time and effort. Last season I was at almost 80% through the first 3 rounds. The Broncos picks were baffling then, and I saw no reason to expect a break in the trend. I will give the front office credit for firing McDummy and Hiring John Elway. I'll even give them a ton of credit in free-agency and all of that. But I can't give them any real credit for their drafting decisions. I just can't. I would still like to see Manti Teo on our team. We should have got him yesterday.
                              And that sir is why you have no credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                                And that sir is why you have no credit.

Took you that long??? In that post alone he lost credit when he said he was 80% through 3 rounds with no proof to back it up lol. Big time when in the other post the Rememdy quoted about his realistic mock he didn't even hit 80% there. And that was just putting names in a round and not with a pick lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X