X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    He started this in smack not to garner real discussion.. but just to stir the pot and get some reactions.
    I moved it to smack as there is no way he could have started a thread that way and intended it to be anything but smack.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by aztecstargazer View Post
    Maybe if the Broncos would draft with any reckongnizable sense of compitance I wouldn't have to complaign.
    Well, before you criticize our FO's competence, I'd recommend learning how to spell it.

Leave a comment:

• aztecstargazer
    replied
    Maybe if the Broncos would draft with any reckongnizable sense of compitance I wouldn't have to complaign. They draft like they are in the a round behind. They take 2nd rounders in the first round, 3rd's in the 2nd and so on. It is confusing and borders on fiscally irresponsible. The "announcers and analysts" are correct. Getting this player in lower rounds is a good thing because he is NOT first round caliber. Period. This is the kind of player who skated by on his size in college. This is the NFL where being a giant meat sack isn't going to cut it. You need talent, experience and then size. Our interior line backers are going to be hurting a lot this year if he is in the game for any period of time.

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    you guys should see all the freaking out the charges fans are doing on the chargers forum, i am surprised arapaho isn't making threads about it.
    You know... I hadn't thought about it... I usually take a look or two at some of your threads I enjoy the melt downs. I feel the cowboys would have some interesting conversations on their forums too.. maybe that will be something I can do before work for a few chuckles. hahaha

Leave a comment:

• aztecstargazer
    replied
    Please, that was a solid annalysis and you know it. Any of those names would be a better producer than dereck wolfe or brock oswieler. Wolfe wasn't even a starter. He only started becasue of injury and only got production because of Miller and Dumerville.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    you guys should see all the freaking out the charges fans are doing on the chargers forum, i am surprised arapaho isn't making threads about it.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
    I was a bit perplexed by Denver's draft choice, last night...but then I thought about it.

This is only my opinion, but I believe Elway, Fox and Co, wanted Werner like everyone was predicting, but Werner was gone by the time Denver was up. So they had to go with a back-up plan. I think that back-up plan is to move Wolfe to DE, which I think be played at times last season and last-night's draft pick will fill the DT position vacated by Wolfe.

OR...

There are rumors Freeney may still sign with Denver after the draft. Freeney did say he wanted to wait til the draft to sign with someone, so he may come to Denver after all. Not sure who would be a better DE at this point...a young, developing Wolfe or a proven (but a bit old) vet like Sweeney. Interesting to see how this plays out.
    Elway said they wanted Sly. They just thought that they had 0 chance, because he NEVER fell to them in the mock drafts they did. They never had him get by Minnesota.

There are still some really good DE's in the 2nd round...don't be surprised if we trade up and take one....or have Moore fall to us in the 2nd.
    Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 04-26-2013, 01:25 PM. Reason: sp

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    He started this in smack not to garner real discussion.. but just to stir the pot and get some reactions.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    I like how you posted the results of former drafts like I didn't know. Williams is not the caliber of player that is deserving of being a first round draft pick. I would have loved for us to draft a better player at DT or a better player at LB. Manti Teo would have been a good pick. Or at least trade down. This is a player whose lack of experience is going to become immediately appearent against battle tested professionals in the NFL.
    He is graded as the 18th best player in this draft with a 92 overall.

But, as you said, he's not a 1st round talent, because there are only 17 picks in the 1st round.

OH WAIT...........

Leave a comment:

• mct1967
    replied
    I was a bit perplexed by Denver's draft choice, last night...but then I thought about it.

This is only my opinion, but I believe Elway, Fox and Co. wanted Werner like everyone was predicting, but Werner was gone by the time Denver was up. So they had to go with a back-up plan. I think that back-up plan is to move Wolfe to DE, which I think be played at times last season and last-night's draft pick will fill the DT position vacated by Wolfe.

OR...

There are rumors Freeney may still sign with Denver after the draft. Freeney did say he wanted to wait til the draft to sign with someone, so he may come to Denver after all. Not sure who would be a better DE at this point...a young, developing Wolfe or a proven (but a bit old) vet like Freeney. Interesting to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by mct1967; 04-26-2013, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    The same staff that that picked Von Miller, who has become one of the elite pass rushers in the NFL in only his second season?

The same staff that traded down and added Derek Wolfe, who turned out to be a solid contributor as a rookie?

The same staff who selected Sylvester Williams, a player who a lot of analysts say was a great value at #28?
    not saying i agree with the OP but lets be honest here. miller was a no brainer, everyone knew you guys would pick him as he was the best defensive player in the draft.

i will give you wolfe, that was a solid pick for you. but people that complain about picks right after it happened really make me laugh, unless its a serious reach (like tebow and mouton for example)

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    1st rounders
    -Harrison Smith- SS- Notre Dame
    -Rueben Randle- Wr- LSU
    -Dont'a Hightower- MLB- Alabama

2nd rounders
    - Kevin Zeitler- G- Wisconsin
    -Trenton Robinson- FS- Michigan St.
    -Brandon Thompson- DT- Clemson

that was your previous 'realistic mock' ... actually your only posts on here aside from that are some other complaints about poor value from our selections... it seems you only sign in to complain once a year.. so complain away and we will see you next year..

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    I like how you posted the results of former drafts like I didn't know. Williams is not the caliber of player that is deserving of being a first round draft pick. I would have loved for us to draft a better player at DT or a better player at LB. Manti Teo would have been a good pick. Or at least trade down. This is a player whose lack of experience is going to become immediately appearent against battle tested professionals in the NFL.
    What better DT would you have selected at our selection? We got a guy who was viewed by many as a top 15 choice.. who fell to us because of the slide of Sharrif Floyd..

Pretty sure if we traded down you would complain too... the Front office has shown themselves more than capable and has 2 great drafts under its belt. A front office that has rebuilt this team into a contender in 2 years. But don't worry you know better.

Leave a comment:

• aztecstargazer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    ProjectKSL, that you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X