2011 2 45 Rahim Moore
    2011 2 46 Orlando Franklin
    2011 3 67 Nate Irving
    2011 4 108 Quinton Carter
    2011 4 129 Julius Thomas.
    2011 6 189 Mike Mohamed
    2011 7 204 Virgil Greenn
    2011 7 247 Jeremy Beal

Those are our last 2 drafts, and where the players were picked. Who has you all up in arms. And I might add so far this year we drafted Sly Williams who was great value where we got him.

Are you saying Williams was the '15th best player at dt ' ?
    Last edited by Remedy; 04-26-2013, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aztecstargazer
    replied
    These are all players who could have been drafted far later in the draft. As far as I can see Von Miller is the only solid draft selection in recent memory. You can't say, "I guess they are good enough", and just draft them. These players may be solid enough to fill in a roster plagued with injury, but they are not worthy of such prestige or payment at the possition they were drafted at. Trading down to get decent players is wise, but not when you draft them at rediculous times. And I'm not even upset about the possition the selected, DT is a solid team need ATM, but there were and are better DT's in the pool. Swing and a miss. The first round is for plug and play. Immediate starters. If you want project players, trade down, accumulate picks and trade up high next season. You can't pick like the 15th best player at a possition in the first round and say,"good job". You just can't.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    I had biscuits and gravy for breakfast. It's a great meal, but I can't help but feel concerned about my cardiovascular health later in life. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    I won't say anything except for how absurd the OP was.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Thunda
    replied
    We're adding solid contributors all over our Defense. Not so many star players, but I believe we're building around Von Miller. We're adding solid guys around him who can help him thrive in what he does best.

Leave a comment:

• one5beast
    replied
    Originally posted by aztecstargazer View Post
    I know there are teams who are overly commited to a draft phylosiphy such as (best available or team needs), but the Broncos draft staff are clearly interested in the ( PET PROJECT) Phylosiphy. After spending countless hours last year reviewing or team needs, scouting the draft prospects, and even analysing our division and anticipating the draft through the first 3 rounds, quite accurately, the Denver staff were by far the most irrational and confusing. The team not only threw odd knuckle-balls, they seemed to be throwing them at the third baseman. Bizzare is an understatement. Their staff clearly doesn't understand the concept and value of high round draft picks. I can't be the only one confused by the Broncos draft choices these last few years.
    Omg your so right. Von Miller sucks why did we pick him, we should've went Dareus. Orlando Franklin has started every game since being drafted here but he shouldn't have cause he sucks, he can't even see that's why he had to get eye surgery. Derek Wolfe is garbage, 6 sacks for a rookie? Wow that's it? Sylvester Williams? Who's that?

Leave a comment:

• Pandapeep
    replied
    You do know that the Bronco's staff has changed rather recently, right? Yea, as much as I loved Shanny, he had some bad draft luck. And I shouldn't even need to bring up McD, do I? As Thor said this staff has drafted very well the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    The same staff that that picked Von Miller, who has become one of the elite pass rushers in the NFL in only his second season?

The same staff that traded down and added Derek Wolfe, who turned out to be a solid contributor as a rookie?

The same staff who selected Sylvester Williams, a player who a lot of analysts say was a great value at #28?

Leave a comment:

• aztecstargazer
    started a topic new draft staff required

new draft staff required

I know there are teams who are overly commited to a draft phylosiphy such as (best available or team needs), but the Broncos draft staff are clearly interested in the ( PET PROJECT) Phylosiphy. After spending countless hours last year reviewing or team needs, scouting the draft prospects, and even analysing our division and anticipating the draft through the first 3 rounds, quite accurately, the Denver staff were by far the most irrational and confusing. The team not only threw odd knuckle-balls, they seemed to be throwing them at the third baseman. Bizzare is an understatement. Their staff clearly doesn't understand the concept and value of high round draft picks. I can't be the only one confused by the Broncos draft choices these last few years.
Working...
X