Clear All

• Houshmazode
    replied
    This thread is a year old.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by aztecstargazer View Post
    These are all players who could have been drafted far later in the draft. As far as I can see Von Miller is the only solid draft selection in recent memory. You can't say, "I guess they are good enough", and just draft them. These players may be solid enough to fill in a roster plagued with injury, but they are not worthy of such prestige or payment at the possition they were drafted at. Trading down to get decent players is wise, but not when you draft them at rediculous times. And I'm not even upset about the possition the selected, DT is a solid team need ATM, but there were and are better DT's in the pool. Swing and a miss. The first round is for plug and play. Immediate starters. If you want project players, trade down, accumulate picks and trade up high next season. You can't pick like the 15th best player at a possition in the first round and say,"good job". You just can't.
    Elway said he did a ton of mock drafts for months, Sly never fell to them.

But surely you know more than they do, right?

Given they spend countless hours scouting the draft every day.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 05-06-2014, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AllEyezOnZach27
    replied
    Originally posted by DishWater View Post
    Did I just see the word 'philosophy' spelled Philosiphy?

Leave a comment:

• FabrizioHC
    replied
    Jon Heath ‏@JHSMDEN 16m
    Last fall, Wes Welker, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Montee Ball combined to score 51 touchdowns. Have fun, NFL defenses. #Broncos

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    after looking at who he wanted/"projected" us to take last year I now realize this is just a butt hurt Notre Dame fan. Last year he wanted us to take Harrison Smith- SS- Notre Dame in the first round.Now he wants us to take their MLB who is the joke of the entire country with his made up GF and slow 40 time not to mention the fact he cant get off blocks to save his life. go cry to touch down Jesus k...

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I like how you posted the results of former drafts like I didn't know. Williams is not the caliber of player that is deserving of being a first round draft pick. I would have loved for us to draft a better player at DT or a better player at LB. Manti Teo would have been a good pick. Or at least trade down. This is a player whose lack of experience is going to become immediately appearent against battle tested professionals in the NFL.
    There are 32 nfl teams that completely disagree with you ...a NOBODY ...2 of those team need a MLB and know a little about the postion Like The Bears and ravens... give it up dude you are not winning this pathetic argument
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-26-2013, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied

Seems appropriate

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    With his responses, it's like playing "Where's Waldo?" trying to find correctly spelled words. It's tough! But I have been successful a few times!

Leave a comment:

• DishWater
    replied

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    And that sir is why you have no credit.

Took you that long??? In that post alone he lost credit when he said he was 80% through 3 rounds with no proof to back it up lol. Big time when in the other post the Rememdy quoted about his realistic mock he didn't even hit 80% there. And that was just putting names in a round and not with a pick lol.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    I did no research this season. It was as I expected, a waste of time and effort. Last season I was at almost 80% through the first 3 rounds. The Broncos picks were baffling then, and I saw no reason to expect a break in the trend. I will give the front office credit for firing McDummy and Hiring John Elway. I'll even give them a ton of credit in free-agency and all of that. But I can't give them any real credit for their drafting decisions. I just can't. I would still like to see Manti Teo on our team. We should have got him yesterday.
    And that sir is why you have no credit.

Leave a comment:

• aztecstargazer
    replied
    I did no research this season. It was as I expected, a waste of time and effort. Last season I was at almost 80% through the first 3 rounds. The Broncos picks were baffling then, and I saw no reason to expect a break in the trend. I will give the front office credit for firing McDummy and Hiring John Elway. I'll even give them a ton of credit in free-agency and all of that. But I can't give them any real credit for their drafting decisions. I just can't. I would still like to see Manti Teo on our team. We should have got him yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    These are all players who could have been drafted far later in the draft. As far as I can see Von Miller is the only solid draft selection in recent memory. You can't say, "I guess they are good enough", and just draft them. These players may be solid enough to fill in a roster plagued with injury, but they are not worthy of such prestige or payment at the possition they were drafted at. Trading down to get decent players is wise, but not when you draft them at rediculous times. And I'm not even upset about the possition the selected, DT is a solid team need ATM, but there were and are better DT's in the pool. Swing and a miss. The first round is for plug and play. Immediate starters. If you want project players, trade down, accumulate picks and trade up high next season. You can't pick like the 15th best player at a possition in the first round and say,"good job". You just can't.
    I cant believe I am even dignifying this garbage with a response, but you cant be serious. Elway has made 16 draft picks in two years and only one (a 6th round pick) is no longer on the team. Miller is an elite OLB, Moore is an above average starter (and the #1 ranked safety in his class) and an improving player. Franklin graded out as a top 10 RT last year and is also improving. The only draft picks that Elway has made that havent made positive contributions to our team are Mohamed (Cut), Beal (Practice Squad/IR), Thomas, and Blake (IR). We have had an excellent track record drafting the last two seasons and Sylvester Williams looks to continue that tradition. He was absolutely a 1st round talent and likely should have gone 5-10 picks earlier than where we got him. I couldn't be more pleased with the drafting by Elway and Matt Russell.

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    Please, that was a solid annalysis and you know it. Any of those names would be a better producer than dereck wolfe or brock oswieler. Wolfe wasn't even a starter. He only started becasue of injury and only got production because of Miller and Dumerville.
    I haven't seen you do any actual analysis in any of your posts on here so far so I am confused what analysis you are talking about. Writing down three names in two rounds doesn't mean you have done analysis it means you have written down three different names for two rounds...

I liked the the Sly pick last night because of the few starting positions of need we have as a team DT was definitely one of them. Who would you have taken that was there at 28. If so why? Also were they drafted in the four slots after us yesterday? If no, I will assume you are incorrect as the scouts and FO of the NFL organizations know more than you about player analysis. Guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• Den615
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    not saying i agree with the OP but lets be honest here. miller was a no brainer, everyone knew you guys would pick him as he was the best defensive player in the draft.
    That's not entirely true. It really wasn't until a week before the draft that Miller was our target. Even the day before the draft we were pretty split between Dareus and Miller. Heck, before the combine everyone wanted Bowers or Fairly. Just shows how ridiculous the draft process is and how uninformed us fans are

Leave a comment:

Working...
X