Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers Best Want To Be Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Sorry guy but strength of schedule is no more an excuse than you use with Oline, defense, STs, or whatever suits your latest argument.
    Whats most important is that as of the last few seasons Rivers has certainly regressed. You are betting against regression and claiming the line is at fault.
    The all pro support is gone and the cake walk schedule is also gone, dont ignore reality.

    And no, missing the playoffs despite playing an easy schedule is nothing to brag about. The weak division and weak opponents were enough to offset a couple guys missing games here and there. Yet Rivers still managed to give up the division to Matt Cassel....and then the following one to Tim Tebow.

    http://edraft.com/nfl/news/is-philip...ed-regression/
    so when you said he is mediocre and gets carried by the players around him, you meant only when playing against top 5 defenses?

    the backpedaling is hilarious, keep it up bro!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      so when you said he is mediocre and gets carried by the players around him, you meant only when playing against top 5 defenses?

      the backpedaling is hilarious, keep it up bro!
      Your only basis for arguing that fact is a 9-7 season YEARS ago......9-7......years ago......
      And who said anything about top 5 defenses? The Chargers only played one team with even a top 10 defense and lost both times (Oak)
      Get real guy, Rivers was carried at times even in that season...remember the Indy game where he threw for all of 0 Tds? Remember that game where the defense picked off Manning 4 times and had multiple defensive TDs?

      why can you ignore that game, yet play up the beating you put on the worst secondary the league has seen in years (Houston)?

      You and your stances on that guy have become legendary on these boards. Even if you cave in to reality, you include a disclaimer for the reason. (STs, Defense, Oline, coaching) yet strength of schedule- also known as quality of opponents is meaningless to you. LOL cmon man, your so far beyond help its actually uncomfortable. Even your charger brothers dont back up your stance...not even on your own teams boards.

      Comment


      • Baph just face it man,

        Rivers is a grizzly bear...hes big, hes strong but every year in the fall he goes into hibernation.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          wanting to go to a team that is a contender is something all players want....nobody wants to play for a continualy pathetic team....like the raiders....unless they got no other choice

          Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
          Did you expect them to join the Faiders? a team that is expected to get the 1st overall pick next year? these players are at the end, they want a shot a at a superbowl, not like Charles Woodson, who already got one, thats why he decided to go back home, otherwise I doubt he would go back to the Faiders.
          Im just joshin you guys i dont really mean that just trying to see if it is as fun as baphonie says it is to talk trash to you

          Comment


          • baphamet;4743611]i like how you want to talk about them being 9-7 as if that was all rivers' fault. nevermind the atrocious ST's or RB's fumbling the ball every chance they got it seemed.

            ^^^^EXCUSE!!!^^^^

            look at the highlights from that Texans game and it pretty much sums up that season, a blocked punt in our RZ putting our offense in a hole, that kind of crap went on all season long and even i was amazed that a ST's unit can mess up that bad for almost an entire season.

            ^^^^^^^^^^^^ excuse!!!!^^^^^^^^^

            yeah rivers deserves some blame for that but when you have an offense that good but a ST's that bad that constantly puts your offense in a hole, that is a big contributor to losses.

            if broncos contributing factors are called excuses by you then ISNT THIS ALSO AN ^^^^^EXCUSE^^^^

            besides,i am not boasting or bragging about anything, i am just using the 2010 season to disprove your claims that rivers was carried by the players around him and that he is just mediocre at best without the all pro weapons he had around him.

            the one thing that stayed together that season was the OL and that is the point i am making here. the point is some of you just don't realize how important time in the pocket (and trusting your OL) is for a QB like rivers.

            actually, i know you realize this but because it is smack talk you choose to ignore it. that's fine but i will constantly remind you of it

            if rivers gets better pass protection i am confident he will get back to protecting the football like he did before and possibly play at a probowl level again.

            but I thought your honest belief was as long as you have rivers...you will be contenders.....but now your saying he needs perfect pass protection to be a contender

            that is very fair and reasonable logic if you actually know what you are talking about. many many unbiased and credible people would also agree with that logic too, just not the blind haters here of course.
            and many more logical people see the decline of rivers a product of the loss of talent around him

            but like i keep saying, we will find out for sure (unless the OL keeps crapping the bed) and one of us will be proven wrong. well i shouldn't say one of us because its pretty much just me vs every vocal donkey fan here lol

            just remember that when the time comes, we can leave it at that

            ^^^^^ built in EXCUSE!!^^^^^
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Junn Hoard View Post
              Im just joshin you guys i dont really mean that just trying to see if it is as fun as baphonie says it is to talk trash to you
              well was it?
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

              Comment


              • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                Your only basis for arguing that fact is a 9-7 season YEARS ago......9-7......years ago......
                And who said anything about top 5 defenses? The Chargers only played one team with even a top 10 defense and lost both times (Oak)
                Get real guy, Rivers was carried at times even in that season...remember the Indy game where he threw for all of 0 Tds? Remember that game where the defense picked off Manning 4 times and had multiple defensive TDs?

                why can you ignore that game, yet play up the beating you put on the worst secondary the league has seen in years (Houston)?

                You and your stances on that guy have become legendary on these boards. Even if you cave in to reality, you include a disclaimer for the reason. (STs, Defense, Oline, coaching) yet strength of schedule- also known as quality of opponents is meaningless to you. LOL cmon man, your so far beyond help its actually uncomfortable. Even your charger brothers dont back up your stance...not even on your own teams boards.
                did i say he never had a bad game? lol don't be ridiculous. my only point was to prove that he has indeed played at a high level without all his talented weapons around him, its a fact that you keep trying to deny by referencing the defenses he played against.

                again, i blamed that loss to KC where he botched the snap entirely on him right after it happened. had he not choked that snap, we would have been in the playoffs that year.

                no, opponents are not meaningless, yes that had a factor but you didn't include that in your statement, you just said he was mediocre at best and was carried by the probowl players around him.

                besides, a mediocre QB does not dominate like he has over the course of an entire season without his weapons, mediocre QB's just don't do that lol

                another year (2009) the chargers had virtually no running game with an average defense and they still won 13 games? even with good talent at receiver, mediocre QB's don't take over like that and i definitely would not consider him being carried by his team in that situation, that would be idiotic to even suggest.

                lastly, even with good weapons, he still has to make the right decisions with the football, why would you think a QB that was one of the best in the league at protecting the football would over night become one of the worst?

                because Jackson and sproles are gone?

                not because of his pass blocking deteriorating rapidly over night as well or the fact that he has so little time to actually make those decisions? nope, that had nothing to do with it at all, i am sure!
                Last edited by baphamet; 06-20-2013, 05:17 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  did i say he never had a bad game? lol don't be ridiculous. my only point was to prove that he has indeed played at a high level without all his talented weapons around him, its a fact that you keep trying to deny by referencing the defenses he played against.


                  or the fact that he has so little time to actually make those decisions? nope, that had nothing to do with it at all, i am sure!

                  strength of teams played is a big factor in stats and wins whether YOU want to believe it or not...for example

                  to me a qb that averges 250 yrds per game...25 tds and 13 picks while playing 10 games against teams in the top 10 of pass def rankings, 5 games in the 10-20 range in pass def rankings, and 1 single bottom ten pass def

                  looks better than a qb that averges 300 yrds per game 30 tds and 11 picks ...but has played 9 games against the bottom 10 of pass defense rankings, including the 29th,30th and 32nd...6 games in the 10-20 range of pass defense...and 1 team in the top ten off pass defnse



                  and I think most experts would agree


                  and your lil he had so little times is BS...I posted some videos a while back on this thread showing some of rivers ints....none of them were a product of off line not giving rivers time...simply rivers making bad throws and bad decisions
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                  Comment


                  • ELWAY AND MANNING>Any chargers qb EVER , done here

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by denversdivision View Post
                      ELWAY AND MANNING>Any chargers qb EVER , done here
                      because of what manning did for another team of course, he has done nothing for you but choke in the playoffs.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        because of what manning did for another team of course, he has done nothing for you but choke in the playoffs.
                        and your qb has done so much better


                        oh wait he has excuses such as lack of quality wrs..injuries...special teams...rollouts called when he's a pocket sloth...terrible oline not giving him a chance...(despite the fact rivers must be incapable of changing the play or protection ) no running game.....im sure theres many more excuses
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          because of what manning did for another team of course, he has done nothing for you but choke in the playoffs.
                          We love what your QB has been doing, Our corners really enjoy him throwing the ball into their arms.

                          Next year we will take a chance at a choke in the playoff, as long as you guys are willing to just let us blow right through without a fight, like last year, and walk away with this Crappy Division.
                          Last edited by Chronoless; 06-25-2013, 10:25 AM.
                          Originally posted by broncos SB2010
                          I doubt Chubb is high on their radar.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                            We love what your QB has been doing, Our corners really enjoy him throwing the ball into their arms.

                            Next year we will take a chance at a choke in the playoff, as long as you guys are willing to just let us blow right through without a fight, like last year, and walk away with this Crappy Division.
                            is that what you call coming back from a 3 TD deficit?

                            or are you implying that we let you come back and win?

                            Comment


                            • I believe hes implying that the bolts were not beating the broncos more than the broncos were beating themselves...once we quite making costly mistakes they showed who was clearly the better team....

                              but I guess you either wussed out and blocked me...or wont answer cause your tired of taking a beating..
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X