Top 10 QB's of the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 QB's of the 80's

i seen this on NFLN and thought it was interesting considering they had dan fouts rated above elway

so i figured i would come here and see what the donko homers thought about it (as if i don't already know?)

here is the list they had and their criteria is based on the 80's alone (not my list)

1. Joe Montana
    2. Dan Marino
    3. Dan Fouts
    4. John Elway
    5. Phil Simms
    6. Boomer Esiason
    7. Joe Theismann
    8. Dave Krieg
    9. Bernie Kosar
    10. Jim McMahon
    sigpic

I'm happy with Elway's 2 rings. I was born in '88 so I don't know much about the '80s. lol.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Is Dan Fouts the only QB from that list that did not go to a Super Bowl in the 80's?

EDIT: Nope, Bernie Kosar is also there.
      Last edited by -Rod-; 06-04-2013, 08:19 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Even the *experts* didn't understand putting Fouts ahead of Elway
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Hmm. Didn't know an 8-2 playoff record with a two rings, a Superbowl MVP and Comeback Player of the Year constitutes an 11 or lower ranking. But stats are cool. I guess.

Comment

Dave Krieg???? eew
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
              Hmm. Didn't know an 8-2 playoff record with a two rings, a Superbowl MVP and Comeback Player of the Year constitutes an 11 or lower ranking. But stats are cool. I guess.
              yeah, your boy Plunkett got snubbed for sure even though he never put up any gaudy stats and never threw for over 3000 yards in a season.

still, he deserves to be on that list, especially if McMahon is, are you kidding me? that dude had one less SB win and even worse stats, i don't get it.

one of the more over-rated QB's of all time and i absolutely loved the 85 bears.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                Is Dan Fouts the only QB from that list that did not go to a Super Bowl in the 80's?

EDIT: Nope, Bernie Kosar is also there.
                Dave Krieg, too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  Even the *experts* didn't understand putting Fouts ahead of Elway
                  i understand why they did it based on the 80's alone. obviously elway had the better overall career though.
                  sigpic

Comment

The list is flawed not because of Fouts and Elway but because Jim McMahon is on it at all... No Plunkett I would even Put Ken Obrien on the list before McMahon. Fouts was a machine and actually deserves more credit than he gets already.. He was Marino before Marino

Had to edit this to add Jim Everett was a beast as well as Krammer for the vikings and Randal Cunningham
                    Originally posted by baphamet
                    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

No Randall Cunningham.... I am dissapoint.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        yeah, your boy Plunkett got snubbed for sure even though he never put up any gaudy stats and never threw for over 3000 yards in a season.

still, he deserves to be on that list, especially if McMahon is, are you kidding me? that dude had one less SB win and even worse stats, i don't get it.

one of the more over-rated QB's of all time and i absolutely loved the 85 bears.
                        Well I guess both of you agree, that the people who came up with the list didn't know what they were talking about

Dan Fouts ahead of Elway.
                        :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          The list is flawed not because of Fouts and Elway but because Jim McMahon is on it at all... No Plunkett I would even Put Ken Obrien on the list before McMahon. Fouts was a machine and actually deserves more credit than he gets already.. He was Marino before Marino

Had to edit this to add Jim Everett was a beast as well as Krammer for the vikings and Randal Cunningham
                          wow.....i am at a loss for words......i actually agree with you 100%
                          sigpic

Comment

NFLN kills me with some of their lists. They had a top 10 mobile QB show where they put Marino on, but snubbed Elway. I was like "What???"
                            sigpic

Comment

Ken O'brien wasn't on this list?

What the hell?
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X