Top 10 QB's of the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    lets see he had two chances at the end of his career, how many chances did elway have? he was in the SB 3 times and failed each time.

doesn't sound very clutch does it?
    Montana had two chances at the end of his career with a team not as talented as the 49rs...and couldn't get it done, nor COULD HE EVEN GET THERE

heres baprod logic

Montana was the best cause he won 4 superbowls, it doesn't matter how great and pro bowl and HOF laden his supporting cast was, cause the team and talent doesn't fit into this conversation

Elway...he couldn't win without a great team

it doesn't matter that Montana couldn't get there...much less win a superbowl with a team not as talented as the 49r team he left...because Elway got there and lost 3 with a team nowhere close to the 49r level

sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

lets see he had two chances at the end of his career, how many chances did elway have? he was in the SB 3 times and failed each time.

doesn't sound very clutch does it?
      Baphs what do you know about being clutch your a bolts fan!
      Your team had a clutch QB and drafted Phillip Rivers instead of getting him a receiver! Bree's like Elway got a team around him and got his ring!
      sigpic

Comment

Montana was more clutch as he performed better. why does Elway get so much credit for winning back to back superbowl? he couldn't do it without a great team full of hall of famers and a 2000 yard rusher to carry him.

right? oh but that is different i am sure.
        lol Troll much? Name the team FULL of hofers Elway was on besides Elway there were 2 a LT at the end of his career mostly spent with the Vikings and Shannon Sharpe thats hardly full of HOFers..... You're such a girl with all the unnecessary drama

secondly no its not different at all Elway won Superbowls when he was on more talented teams....his first three superbowl teams were inferior and carried there by him and beaten by better teams.. Montana as it was pointed out played one of those teams( The Giants) and lost way worse and played way worse with a team FULL of HOFers just 2 weeks before Elway..both lost but Montana was humiliated and only 90 yards yikes

I am old enough to remember Montana playing from day one and while I respect what the niners accomplished I also know Joe had a lot of help getting it done..namely one of the best defenses in the league not just on paper either...those guys were stacked. The best owner in the league before the cap and a HOF coach..HOF WR all pro TEs and All Pro RBs all Pro Offensive line HOF Olinemen .. He wasn't as clutch as John he just had better teams and thus opportunities to win superbowls . Look up the 4th quarter comebacks and ties and compare the numbers Elway has him beat by quite a bit...

I understand you hate the man and the team and wont admit your just a bias hater so hate on brother hate on

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...QBs-John-Elway they have Montana ahead of John and everyone on the Elway video says Elway has to be number one...everyone except Montanas teamates in the Montana Video says the same thing....lol
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          lol Troll much? Name the team FULL of hofers Elway was on besides Elway there were 2 a LT at the end of his career mostly spent with the Vikings and Shannon Sharpe thats hardly full of HOFers..... You're such a girl with all the unnecessary drama

secondly no its not different at all Elway won Superbowls when he was on more talented teams....his first three superbowl teams were inferior and carried there by him and beaten by better teams.. Montana as it was pointed out played one of those teams( The Giants) and lost way worse and played way worse with a team FULL of HOFers just 2 weeks before Elway..both lost but Montana was humiliated and only 90 yards yikes

I am old enough to remember Montana playing from day one and while I respect what the niners accomplished I also know Joe had a lot of help getting it done..namely one of the best defenses in the league not just on paper either...those guys were stacked. The best owner in the league before the cap and a HOF coach..HOF WR all pro TEs and All Pro RBs all Pro Offensive line HOF Olinemen .. He wasn't as clutch as John he just had better teams and thus opportunities to win superbowls . Look up the 4th quarter comebacks and ties and compare the numbers Elway has him beat by quite a bit...

I understand you hate the man and the team and wont admit your just a bias hater so hate on brother hate on

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...QBs-John-Elway they have Montana ahead of John and everyone on the Elway video says Elway has to be number one...everyone except Montanas teamates in the Montana Video says the same thing....lol
          Well said and great video! CP when I re-load. I think were beating a dead horse here with Baph. He just doesn't get it but who cares we all know who's clutch
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncbeat View Post
            Well said and great video! CP when I re-load. I think were beating a dead horse here with Baph. He just doesn't get it but who cares we all know who's clutch
            Baphs just wants to argue. Some have said Montana is overrated but in general we all think he was a great Qb.
            Baphs can believe Elway wasn't on Montana's level all he wants but anybody who just watches both guys play will see on film the difference between one sitting well protected and throwing 10 to 20 yard passes while the other is running for his life trying to make a play to keep his team in the game. That these two qbs played with very different levels of talent around them.
            One sports writer said it best " John Elway was the difference between the Broncos winning and losing in just about every game"
            Baphs guy was traded and the team went 10-6 without him the first year and then went two 3 straight NFC Championships and won a superbowl.
            Elway retired and the Denver team baphs claims was elite went 4-12.
            Baphs whats funny is you start ed this thread to stick in our face Fouts was voted about Elway ib the 80's and turned into you being Joe Montana's #1 fan.
            sigpic

Comment

"sausage holster"

why u mad?

Denver choked to Jacksonville the year before they won the SB, or was that somehow not his fault?

oh and my opinion carried much weight when you consider the fact that i'm not alone with that opinion. you would rather crown elway the most clutch QB in history not because of what he actually did on the field.

no, you want to give him extra credit for what he might have done had he been on a better team.

ridiculousness. what i want to know is, does rivers get a fee pass for losing to the broncos because you have netter players? i bet that's totally different, huh?
              Is Terry Bradshaw more clutch than Elway?

If you say no, then you have to concede our point, even if you don't necessarily agree with it. You're acting like we're coming out of the blue with the opinion that the team around the QB matters.

If you say yes, then you are stew-pad.

And yes, that Jags loss in the playoffs was totally Elway's fault. I mean with a recollection like you just had, you must have actually been there.

That's totally the "I can think of a bunch off the top of my head" that you made it sound like you could come up with.

Yes, Elway was the one who got the bogus PI call that cost us a game shifting interception, and it was totally Elway's fault that the Jags scored 30 points, or a blocked extra point, etc. etc. etc.

But why am I telling you this? I mean you probably know all this already right? With your in depth knowledge and such. I mean you surely didn't just pull some crap out of your ass and slap it on a response, making it up as you went along right? You NEVER do that.....
              Last edited by kishzilla; 05-10-2014, 09:35 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

i seen this on NFLN and thought it was interesting considering they had dan fouts rated above elway

so i figured i would come here and see what the donko homers thought about it (as if i don't already know?)

here is the list they had and their criteria is based on the 80's alone (not my list)

1. Joe Montana
                2. Dan Marino
                3. Dan Fouts
                4. John Elway
                5. Phil Simms
                6. Boomer Esiason
                7. Joe Theismann
                8. Dave Krieg
                9. Bernie Kosar
                10. Jim McMahon
                How can Jim Kelly be left off this list?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
                  How can Jim Kelly be left off this list?
                  It was qbs in the 80s and he played in the USFL. He has to be in the top 90's list
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    It was qbs in the 80s and he played in the USFL. He has to be in the top 90's list
                    He went to the Bills in 1985 or 86 I believe. That qualifies as the 80's.

Comment

• And how could Warren Moon be left off. He played a good portion of the 80's.

Theses lusts are always thrown together without any real thought behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecooltune View Post
                        And how could Warren Moon be left off. He played a good portion of the 80's.

Theses lusts are always thrown together without any real thought behind them.
                        Lusts? You got the wrong message board Broseph!
                        All joking aside your right about Moon and Kelly there definitely top ten in the 90's but there time playing in the CFL and USFL kept there stats from measuring up with guys who played 7 to 8 years in the 80's.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X