Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 out of 9 Way to go AFC West!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 out of 9 Way to go AFC West!!

    I always knew the fanbases of the AFC West were overachievers. In this case they just happen to be over achieving in delusion.

    http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/01/03/jets/#1
    sigpic

  • #2
    Well, you need a level of delusion to be a Raiders or Chargers fan...
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


    Comment


    • #3
      Living near KC I can say a lot them drink the kool aid every year

      Last year I all heard from the locals was that they had one of the most talented teams in the league and would push for a playoff spot with an elite defense and elite run game

      This year the rationalization for Alex Smith has already begun
      I don't know where I would rank them but for a team that has not won a playoff game in 20 years and has been especially terrible as of late the Chief fans always seem to be very confident in their team

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
        Well, you need a level of delusion to be a Raiders or Chargers fan...
        Raider fan the most, when your team don't even have a starting QB, and believe your team got alot better even when you got rid of so many key players, and your thinking Superbowl, your really not thinking correctly.
        Originally posted by broncos SB2010
        I doubt Chubb is high on their radar.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
          Living near KC I can say a lot them drink the kool aid every year

          Last year I all heard from the locals was that they had one of the most talented teams in the league and would push for a playoff spot with an elite defense and elite run game

          This year the rationalization for Alex Smith has already begun
          I don't know where I would rank them but for a team that has not won a playoff game in 20 years and has been especially terrible as of late the Chief fans always seem to be very confident in their team
          I will say KC's Defense was as good as advertised last year...Their offense was simply atrocious. I think they will be the most improved team in the NFL this year by a lot. My guess is they will go 8-8 or 9-7.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            yes because broncos fans are never known to be delusional at all? all i have to say is....tim tebow, nuff said!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              yes because broncos fans are never known to be delusional at all? all i have to say is....tim tebow, nuff said!
              Whats so delusional about Tim Tebow? Its not like people thought he was an all pro.....many of us felt he could do better than Orton was doing for us and that was 100% correct. Dont confuse support with undeserved praise......undeserved praise is reserved for you Rivers fans. Did many of us support the guy? Sure we did....he was the QB of our favorite team. But did the majority of fans place him on a pedestal like you Charger fans do for Rivers? Not even close..... Some people gave him too much credit, but it was not as many as you would like to claim. If Roger Clemens was around he would have a little something to say to you about "mis remembering"

              You see - Bronco fans know the reason Tebow succeeded with us was because of the support he had from his team. You Rivers fans just cant grasp the whole carried by support- reality.....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                Whats so delusional about Tim Tebow? Its not like people thought he was an all pro.....many of us felt he could do better than Orton was doing for us and that was 100% correct. Dont confuse support with undeserved praise......undeserved praise is reserved for you Rivers fans. Did many of us support the guy? Sure we did....he was the QB of our favorite team. But did the majority of fans place him on a pedestal like you Charger fans do for Rivers? Not even close..... Some people gave him too much credit, but it was not as many as you would like to claim. If Roger Clemens was around he would have a little something to say to you about "mis remembering"

                You see - Bronco fans know the reason Tebow succeeded with us was because of the support he had from his team. You Rivers fans just cant grasp the whole carried by support- reality.....
                actually, most of you indeed thought he was the future of your franchise and you put him on a gigantic pedestal based on what he did in college and off the field only. rivers has proven he can play at a high level both with good talent around him and without, facts you constantly ignore.

                many of you just don't know QB's very well, which is evident by your last sentence.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  yes because broncos fans are never known to be delusional at all? all i have to say is....tim tebow, nuff said!
                  Tebow was a garbage QB. I don't think you'd get much argument on that fact from a lot of the fans on this board.

                  Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                  Whats so delusional about Tim Tebow? Its not like people thought he was an all pro.....many of us felt he could do better than Orton was doing for us and that was 100% correct. Dont confuse support with undeserved praise......undeserved praise is reserved for you Rivers fans. Did many of us support the guy? Sure we did....he was the QB of our favorite team. But did the majority of fans place him on a pedestal like you Charger fans do for Rivers? Not even close..... Some people gave him too much credit, but it was not as many as you would like to claim. If Roger Clemens was around he would have a little something to say to you about "mis remembering"

                  You see - Bronco fans know the reason Tebow succeeded with us was because of the support he had from his team. You Rivers fans just cant grasp the whole carried by support- reality.....
                  While I like to rag on the Chargers as much as the next guy to say Rivers isn't was only good due to supporting cast is far from a true statement. The guy did more with less talent in 2010 due to injury than I think anyone really expected. Rivers main problem right now is his O-Line is garbage and he tends to try to fit the ball into places which is all well and good when you can set your feet but when you are running for your life it's much harder to do.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                    Tebow was a garbage QB. I don't think you'd get much argument on that fact from a lot of the fans on this board.



                    While I like to rag on the Chargers as much as the next guy to say Rivers isn't was only good due to supporting cast is far from a true statement. The guy did more with less talent in 2010 due to injury than I think anyone really expected. Rivers main problem right now is his O-Line is garbage and he tends to try to fit the ball into places which is all well and good when you can set your feet but when you are running for your life it's much harder to do.
                    Dont give the guy a pass for running for his life..... he is extremely immobile...its part of his game and something he needs exceptional talent around him to nullify. Charger fans cant expect to surround him with all pro lineman forever. He had that luxury for several years.

                    His line wasnt as bad as people like to claim, were they multiple all pro players? No....but the lines struggles were magnified by his extreme immobility. He still had Hardwick, Vasquez and Clary. The next 3 "worse" teams ranked were ATL, GB, and IND...all playoff teams with 11 plus wins. 19 teams gave up more sacks than the Chargers.

                    And 2010 although it was a nice statistical year, the defenses faced were the absolute bottom tier. That is a real factor to take into consideration. The only top 10 defense he faced was the raiders (10) and the Chargers lost both games. The team went 9-7 and they lost every close game they played.
                    I have never seen so many people use a 9-7 non playoff year as such an accomplishment.
                    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 06-25-2013, 11:49 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                      Dont give the guy a pass for running for his life..... he is extremely immobile...its part of his game and something he needs exceptional talent around him to nullify. Charger fans cant expect to surround him with all pro lineman forever. He had that luxury for several years.

                      His line wasnt as bad as people like to claim, were they multiple all pro players? No....but the lines struggles were magnified by his extreme immobility. He still had Hardwick, Vasquez and Clary. The next 3 "worse" teams ranked were ATL, GB, and IND...all playoff teams with 11 plus wins. 19 teams gave up more sacks than the Chargers.

                      And 2010 although it was a nice statistical year, the defenses faced were the absolute bottom tier. That is a real factor to take into consideration. The only top 10 defense he faced was the raiders (10) and the Chargers lost both games. The team went 9-7 and they lost every close game they played. If that constitutes playing at a high level then you are factoring in fantasy football stats way to much.
                      I have never seen so many people use a 9-7 non playoff year as such an accomplishment.
                      i don't know how many times i have to say this to get it through to you.......rivers doesn't need all pro linemen or great pass protection to have success in the passing game and be efficient like he was, he needs just a decent line and it will be a vast improvement from having arguably the worst pass protection in the NFL.

                      you are acting like he went from having a great OL to just an average one and it had that effect. no, i am afraid that is simply not the case. he went from having a decent like to having one of if not the very worst line in the NFL virtually over night.

                      rivers is slow and immobile, no doubt about it. he isn't the only QB that has been like that and not the only successful one either. also, you keep clinging to the fact that they went 9-7 rather than the fact that he put up huge numbers and was very efficient that year with scrubs all around him half the time, never mind the fact that the ST's and our RB's were putting our offense in holes many of the games.

                      face it, your argument that rivers was carried by the weapons around him is misinformed and ignorant to the subject. i realize you are just trying to talk smack but you are looking kind of silly by clinging to that failure of an argument.

                      no matter what happens with rivers, even if he and the pass blocking never improves, its not because they lost Jackson and sproles lol

                      people that make that argument just don't know what it takes for a QB like rivers to have success. they were saying that he wouldn't be anything without LT and he dominated even more after he left.

                      in 2009 they won 13 games with the worst running game in the NFL and an average defense, yet he is carried by the players around him?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        i don't know how many times i have to say this to get it through to you.......rivers doesn't need all pro linemen or great pass protection to have success in the passing game and be efficient like he was, he needs just a decent line and it will be a vast improvement from having arguably the worst pass protection in the NFL.

                        you are acting like he went from having a great OL to just an average one and it had that effect. no, i am afraid that is simply not the case. he went from having a decent like to having one of if not the very worst line in the NFL virtually over night.

                        rivers is slow and immobile, no doubt about it. he isn't the only QB that has been like that and not the only successful one either. also, you keep clinging to the fact that they went 9-7 rather than the fact that he put up huge numbers and was very efficient that year with scrubs all around him half the time, never mind the fact that the ST's and our RB's were putting our offense in holes many of the games.

                        face it, your argument that rivers was carried by the weapons around him is misinformed and ignorant to the subject. i realize you are just trying to talk smack but you are looking kind of silly by clinging to that failure of an argument.

                        no matter what happens with rivers, even if he and the pass blocking never improves, its not because they lost Jackson and sproles lol

                        people that make that argument just don't know what it takes for a QB like rivers to have success. they were saying that he wouldn't be anything without LT and he dominated even more after he left.

                        in 2009 they won 13 games with the worst running game in the NFL and an average defense, yet he is carried by the players around him?
                        Rivers line was decent last season....not all pro but decent....you just cant recognize it because your still expecting the all pros protecting him. They ranked 23 in the league(certainly not the worst and some of that ranking comes directly from Rivers immobility) and 19 teams gave up more sacks. The falcons, packers and colts all had worse rated lines and they all made the playoffs.

                        And yes, Rivers relies heavily on his support to carry him. You are so focused on 9-7 team from years ago, yet you claim I look silly clinging onto an argument-LOL. You cant just expect people to accept the injury factor, yet ignore the strength of defenses he faced that season. And BTW nearly 2000 yards Rivers passed for he did so to his top 3 guys...Floyd, Gates and Jackson. The guys you claim werent there to contribute. Not to mention another 500 came from Sproles and another 500 came from the other backs. So sorry guy the "scrubs" argument has no merit. 21 of his 30 TDs came from Gates, Jackson, Floyd and Sproles....the guys you claim werent there to support him.

                        Forget 2010 and your dream 9-7 team, focus on the reality of the recent past.
                        Without Sproles he hasnt made the playoffs yet, without a line full of all pros, he hasnt made the playoffs yet. The juggernauts known as Matt Cassel and Tim Tebow have been too much for Rivers to overcome.
                        Last edited by atwaterandstir; 06-25-2013, 01:05 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          Rivers line was decent last season....not all pro but decent....you just cant recognize it because your still expecting the all pros protecting him. They ranked 23 in the league(certainly not the worst and some of that ranking comes directly from Rivers immobility) and 19 teams gave up more sacks. The falcons, packers and colts all had worse rated lines and they all made the playoffs.

                          And yes, Rivers relies heavily on his support to carry him. You are so focused on 9-7 team from years ago, yet you claim I look silly clinging onto an argument-LOL. You cant just expect people to accept the injury factor, yet ignore the strength of defenses he faced that season. And BTW nearly 2000 yards Rivers passed for he did so to his top 3 guys...Floyd, Gates and Jackson. The guys you claim werent there to contribute. Not to mention another 500 came from Sproles and another 500 came from the other backs. So sorry guy the "scrubs" argument has no merit. 21 of his 30 TDs came from Gates, Jackson, Floyd and Sproles....the guys you claim werent there to support him.

                          Forget 2010 and your dream 9-7 team, focus on the reality of the recent past.
                          Without Sproles he hasnt made the playoffs yet, without a line full of all pros, he hasnt made the playoffs yet. The juggernauts known as Matt Cassel and Tim Tebow have been too much for Rivers to overcome.



                          he wont get it, you can explain simple football to him all you want he will always revert to his excuses

                          but to back up your point about Philip the "pocket sloth" rivers

                          in 2008 the with a young nimble, elusive qb in cutler...the oline surrendered 12 sacks

                          in comes our own pocket sloth in orton...our sack numbers in 09 increased by 22 to 34
                          continued up in 2010 to 40...and then 42 with orton/tebow in 2011...but back down to 21 when manning, who isn't exactly a option qb, but knows how to move in the pocket and avoid some sacks and can change a play and read a defense to prevent a few

                          again I posted clips of some of rivers ints...they were not a matter of the pocket collapseing...they were a matter of rivers blowing it
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                            he wont get it, you can explain simple football to him all you want he will always revert to his excuses

                            but to back up your point about Philip the "pocket sloth" rivers

                            in 2008 the with a young nimble, elusive qb in cutler...the oline surrendered 12 sacks

                            in comes our own pocket sloth in orton...our sack numbers in 09 increased by 22 to 34
                            continued up in 2010 to 40...and then 42 with orton/tebow in 2011...but back down to 21 when manning, who isn't exactly a option qb, but knows how to move in the pocket and avoid some sacks and can change a play and read a defense to prevent a few

                            again I posted clips of some of rivers ints...they were not a matter of the pocket collapseing...they were a matter of rivers blowing it
                            Yeah I know it....
                            He loves that 2010 season and claims it proves Rivers can play at a high level without the support hes so used to, but the numbers just dont back it up. His production came largely from the guys he claims werent there.

                            Bottom line is the Chargers are bottom feeders and theres no reason to believe they will change anytime soon. Rivers might be able to string one more 9-7 team together, but to expect more just wont happen.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                              Living near KC I can say a lot them drink the kool aid every year

                              Last year I all heard from the locals was that they had one of the most talented teams in the league and would push for a playoff spot with an elite defense and elite run game

                              This year the rationalization for Alex Smith has already begun
                              I don't know where I would rank them but for a team that has not won a playoff game in 20 years and has been especially terrible as of late the Chief fans always seem to be very confident in their team

                              it only takes a couple of players to turn a team around..

                              and hell look at our teams prior to Reeves coaching make one hell of a difference..

                              you can have loads of talent and lousy coaching and you get the chefs ( add san diego to this also a few years ago)..

                              You can have good coaching and no real talent save a player here or there and you have the raiders.. under the coach before our guy went there..

                              now they are just screwed..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X