Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruh Roh Cutler

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ruh Roh Cutler

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-trestman-hire

    Cutler might be lookin for a new home

    Never know -
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

  • #2
    Personally I think Trestman would be looking before Cutler.....

    Marc Trestman can be replaced easier than a franchise QB. Despite Cutlers quirks and annoyances, he is a good player. He may not be likable to most, and he may make some bad throws, but he also makes good ones. Trestman has had success with QBs before, but thats no longer his job. He wont be really hands on with Cutler like he was Plummer, Gannon and to some extent Kosar. The league has 3 or 4 hot new names pop up every year for coaching jobs, but drafting a young QB to grow and groom or signing an aging vet wont work for a mediocre team.....he wont be given that much time....at least most arent anyway.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cutler is not worth Flacco money. Flacco is not worth Flacco money.

      Break out the popcorn, this could be fun to watch. I can only hope he's matured a bit.
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

        Marc Trestman can be replaced easier than a franchise QB.
        Cutler isn't a franchise QB.

        If he does bad, it wouldn't surprise me if he walks at seasons end. No one from the current regime has ties to Cutler.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wouldn't mind having him after Peyton leaves. I don't think the timing will allow for that but I've always been a Cutler fan and still am. I know that isn't a very popular opinion for Broncos fans to hold but oh well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Cutler isn't a franchise QB.

            If he does bad, it wouldn't surprise me if he walks at seasons end. No one from the current regime has ties to Cutler.
            Philip Rivers is in the same boat with many rumblings that if he struggles again this year the new regime "with no ties" might cut him loose and his remaining 35 mil due over his final 2 years. Are we to label him not a franchise QB either? If Cutler walks (or bears dont resign) its because the new regime wants to go in another direction...much like SD with Rivers (if it happens) much like Indy did with questions surrounding Manning and Luck being available. Next year has a large group of QBs and maybe this allows them to do what Indy did and decide later on.



            Like him or hate him the guy is absolutely a franchise QB. If the Bears cut ties with him, you can be sure another team will pick him up and start him.

            You dont go fom discussing extending him at nearly 15 mil per year to cutting ties....if they dont reach an agreement its pretty clear they will use the franchise tag on him over Henry Melton. Anyway you slice it the guy is a franchise QB.
            Last edited by atwaterandstir; 07-16-2013, 01:55 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              He's not a franchise QB. Depending what your meaning of one is.

              He's made the playoffs once out of 4-5 years in Chi.

              Regards to Rivers, that has more to do with his surrounding parts than Rivers the QB. Who has showed to be a franchise QB while Cutler hasnt for the most part.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                He's not a franchise QB. Depending what your meaning of one is.

                He's made the playoffs once out of 4-5 years in Chi.

                Regards to Rivers, that has more to do with his surrounding parts than Rivers the QB. Who has showed to be a franchise QB while Cutler hasnt for the most part.
                He might not be a "playoff winning QB" but he has notched a couple 10 win seasons over the past 3 years. Regardless though, this is really a non story. The team wants him there....he is their franchise QB and this has more to do with salary cap issues then wanting him or not.

                Trestmans offense fits Cutler well, I would be willing to bet just about anything the team feels paying his 8.9 salary this season and franchising him next (or extending) is a wiser thing to do than extending him now.
                Last edited by atwaterandstir; 07-16-2013, 05:26 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                  Philip Rivers is in the same boat with many rumblings that if he struggles again this year the new regime "with no ties" might cut him loose and his remaining 35 mil due over his final 2 years. Are we to label him not a franchise QB either? If Cutler walks (or bears dont resign) its because the new regime wants to go in another direction...much like SD with Rivers (if it happens) much like Indy did with questions surrounding Manning and Luck being available. Next year has a large group of QBs and maybe this allows them to do what Indy did and decide later on.



                  Like him or hate him the guy is absolutely a franchise QB. If the Bears cut ties with him, you can be sure another team will pick him up and start him.

                  You dont go fom discussing extending him at nearly 15 mil per year to cutting ties....if they dont reach an agreement its pretty clear they will use the franchise tag on him over Henry Melton. Anyway you slice it the guy is a franchise QB.
                  rivers is not in the same boat, yeah if he continues to struggle they would look elsewhere but the coaching staff they brought in is tailor made to get rivers back on track.

                  i also don't see cuter going anywhere unless he becomes disgruntled, which is a very real possibility. the guy is really immature and just an overall ass, he has always been that way and i don't look for it to ever change honestly.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    He's not a franchise QB. Depending what your meaning of one is.

                    He's made the playoffs once out of 4-5 years in Chi.

                    Regards to Rivers, that has more to do with his surrounding parts than Rivers the QB. Who has showed to be a franchise QB while Cutler hasnt for the most part.
                    i think cuter could be considered a franchise QB, he is the best QB they have had in a long time. i don't see them getting rid of him unless he becomes disgruntled and asks to be traded again.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                      Philip Rivers is in the same boat with many rumblings that if he struggles again this year the new regime "with no ties" might cut him loose and his remaining 35 mil due over his final 2 years. Are we to label him not a franchise QB either?
                      I already did that Rivers is done,washed up,past his personal prime...I wouldnt be suprised If Cutler is allowed to leave the Bears if he get Rivers job
                      Originally posted by baphamet
                      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        rivers is not in the same boat, yeah if he continues to struggle they would look elsewhere but the coaching staff they brought in is tailor made to get rivers back on track.

                        i also don't see cuter going anywhere unless he becomes disgruntled, which is a very real possibility. the guy is really immature and just an overall ass, he has always been that way and i don't look for it to ever change honestly.
                        I agree on Rivers, I was just using him as an example of "franchises moving on from franchise QBs"....... much like Rivers situation now, I think the kind of offense that Trestman likes to run, plus the addition of the line help -will help Cutler out dramatically this season.

                        I dont really agree on the Cutler stigma however, much like Rivers people will believe what they want.....but neither has ever been a bad teammate or publicly complained.....they might throw an occaisional tantrum and look unprofessional, but they are both competitors. Their actions are not really any different than other QBs at times, but the emmotions that they bring out of people are what makes the camera focus on these things. These guys are two examples of players with no real grey area....you either really like them or you really hate them.

                        The TV cameras are waiting for these moments, because these are what drives the chatter....the camera loves to flash Cam Newton and that smile, but if you watch him -his body language and interactions with teammates is often as poor as anybody. Cutler and Rivers dug their own graves with early semantics, now its what they are recognized for....now matter how far removed.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          I agree on Rivers, I was just using him as an example of "franchises moving on from franchise QBs"....... much like Rivers situation now, I think the kind of offense that Trestman likes to run, plus the addition of the line help -will help Cutler out dramatically this season.

                          I dont really agree on the Cutler stigma however, much like Rivers people will believe what they want.....but neither has ever been a bad teammate or publicly complained.....they might throw an occaisional tantrum and look unprofessional, but they are both competitors. Their actions are not really any different than other QBs at times, but the emmotions that they bring out of people are what makes the camera focus on these things. These guys are two examples of players with no real grey area....you either really like them or you really hate them.

                          The TV cameras are waiting for these moments, because these are what drives the chatter....the camera loves to flash Cam Newton and that smile, but if you watch him -his body language and interactions with teammates is often as poor as anybody. Cutler and Rivers dug their own graves with early semantics, now its what they are recognized for....now matter how far removed.
                          I know that Cutler wasn't liked in CHI during the 2009-2010 seasons by his teammates. Their were multiple reports of players wanting to punch him out
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            I know that Cutler wasn't liked in CHI during the 2009-2010 seasons by his teammates. Their were multiple reports of players wanting to punch him out
                            Strange...I dont remember anything like that......Nor can I find anything like that. I did however find multiple reports on him being a great teammate and guys like Urlacher dumbfounded by the criticism and hate he receives.

                            I do remember his shoving of Webb and he quickly made ammends with that situation. Other than that a sideline spat with a coach is about all I really remember.....I could be wrong, but with the general disdain for the guy its not likely a story like that would slip through the cracks.

                            The guy completes 61% of his passes, plays hard and took some real beatings behind that poor line. Hes probably in the best situation yet in Chicago -going into this season.....I expect some real good results.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              I already did that Rivers is done,washed up,past his personal prime...I wouldnt be suprised If Cutler is allowed to leave the Bears if he get Rivers job
                              yes and it will be funny to see you not mention it ever again after this season

                              but never fear! i will be here to endlessly remind you until you cant take it anymore and put me back on ignore for a while so you don't have to read it
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X