Ruh Roh Cutler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Im expecting big things from the bears and Trestmans offensive philosophy. If nothing else they wont be the predictable put it all on the defense team they seem to have been since the dawn of time. They still have a very good defense that will keep them in most games, but now the offense looks improved and the team should be more balanced.

Whether Cutler comes through is yet to be seen, but if I had to bet, I say he does.

not seeing the defense that you are.. DJ as a replacement for Urlacher? that is an automatic 4 yards lost in each and every rush..

if you believe that there is a bridge for sale in NYC..

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      CP wager says he doesn't. You on?
      Depends on what you consider successful.....you have already ignored the 10-6 season he helped orchestrate last year simply because it didnt include a playoff victory. The fact that hes 27-13 in his past three seasons means nothing to you....you have already made that stance.
      So no disrespect, but I dont think you are an impartial vote.

If were talking SB or nothing then no Im not interested.....but if you want to go playoffs or not, then sure -Im in......

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
        not seeing the defense that you are.. DJ as a replacement for Urlacher? that is an automatic 4 yards lost in each and every rush..

Outside of vocal leadership Urlacher has not been nearly the player he once was......and what you may lose in run support with DJ you make up in athletic ability (mostly in helping with TEs) so while Urlacher is a loss its a give some get some type of deal with DJ.

The rest of the defense is still anchored by some excellent dbs (Jennings/Tillman) very good younger guys in Melton, Wooton, and Shea McLellin and then theres always Peppers (who is slowing due to foot issues) Briggs, Conte, Wright etc theres playmakers on that defense still. Losing Urlacher doesnt change much except leadership, it does however open the door for someone else to step into that role.
        Last edited by atwaterandstir; 07-25-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
          Depends on what you consider successful.....you have already ignored the 10-6 season he helped orchestrate last year simply because it didnt include a playoff victory. The fact that hes 27-13 in his past three seasons means nothing to you....you have already made that stance.
          So no disrespect, but I dont think you are an impartial vote.

If were talking SB or nothing then no Im not interested.....but if you want to go playoffs or not, then sure -Im in......
          Playoffs is fine. CP bet on
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post

Question here though is DJ actually the player that will replace Urlacher, or will it be our second round pick Bostic or a combination of both, Bostic as a two down player and Williams as the nickel backer. You have to remember due to injury Urlacher was the probably the 10th or 11th best player on last years defense. A defense that was elite in 2012 even with an injured Urlacher. That defense still has 5 pro bowl players, Peppers, Melton, Briggs, Tillman, and Jennings, plus improving players Wootton, Paea, McCellin, Wright, and Conte. Talent wise this defense is still one of the best in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
              1) For the most part you are right as to where the Bears O has finished every year since Cutler got here in 2009. The lone exception would be in 2011 when the Bears offense was I believe 6th at the time of Jays injury, after that the wheels fell off over the last six games under Hanie/McCowen. That would also be the only time as a Bear that Cutler had an OC two years in a row.

2) Don't know where you are getting this stat against division rivals, Packers, Vikings, Lions. Of those only the Packers have dominated the Bears, as they have the entire division the last few years. As for the Vikings and Lions the Bears are a combined 13-3 since Cutler got here in 2009.

3) Tebow over Cutler.............Please. Over the last three years the Bears are 27-13 with Cutler as the starter and 2-6 without him. With the horrible OL the Bears have had over that time Tebow would be closer to that 2-6 record.
              2). Having great records against the bottom dwellers in your division does not really count that much, when you loose the games to the team that repeatedly keeps you out of the playoffs, and for Denver to loose to Chargers and Bears to loose to the Packers 80-90% of the times is a failure.

3) Good for you that Cutler helps Bears win more games than he did for us, but it is funny how it is that horrible O-Line's fault, or the OC, or the HC, or the defense in Denver that was among the best in the league until Cutler started and then became one of the worst just to spite Cuddles. Cutler does not anticipate, does not take what the defense gives and makes loads of bad decisions with the ball, but it is all because of the poor receivers, and O-line...

This might be the year for Jeff George Jr. but then it has been predicted since the start of the 2007 season that he would end up being the SuperBowl MVP, yet somehow it falls short because everyone lets poor Jay down. Cutler has an amazing Not It factor. The only record I think Cuddles aspires to is the one that has gotten the most coaches fired, whereas Tebow for all his limitations has his critics explaining why the success he had in Denver happened in spite of him playing the most important position on the team - polar opposite of the situation with Cutler that has hordes explaining that he is really much better than the results or lack thereof that he has helped his teams achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                2). Having great records against the bottom dwellers in your division does not really count that much, when you loose the games to the team that repeatedly keeps you out of the playoffs, and for Denver to loose to Chargers and Bears to loose to the Packers 80-90% of the times is a failure.

3) Good for you that Cutler helps Bears win more games than he did for us, but it is funny how it is that horrible O-Line's fault, or the OC, or the HC, or the defense in Denver that was among the best in the league until Cutler started and then became one of the worst just to spite Cuddles. Cutler does not anticipate, does not take what the defense gives and makes loads of bad decisions with the ball, but it is all because of the poor receivers, and O-line...

This might be the year for Jeff George Jr. but then it has been predicted since the start of the 2007 season that he would end up being the SuperBowl MVP, yet somehow it falls short because everyone lets poor Jay down. Cutler has an amazing Not It factor. The only record I think Cuddles aspires to is the one that has gotten the most coaches fired, whereas Tebow for all his limitations has his critics explaining why the success he had in Denver happened in spite of him playing the most important position on the team - polar opposite of the situation with Cutler that has hordes explaining that he is really much better than the results or lack thereof that he has helped his teams achieve.

great post.. I remember his last couple of games against San Diego rivers and and a few of their players almost had him in tears.. they were taunting him while he was on the sidelines.. then he would go out and give them the ball back .. it was pathetic his mental toughness is a minus 3..

I was so glad to see him go.. I heard most of his team mates threw him a going away party two week after he got to da bears..

Comment

1) Seems to me that the argument that I responded to was your quote that Cutler coud not beat key division rivels where you said he was 2-12/2-13, which was dead wrong. BTW the packers dominating the Bears twice a year is not what has kept them out of the playoffs, remember that is only 2 games in a 16 game season.

2) Never once have I blamed ANY of Cutler's faluts on the crappy OL, just that Tebow would have looked worse behind that line. In fact I am surprised the Bears offense has played as well as they have with such a poor OL since everything starts upfront. Never said anything about the OC or HC either, so if this post was ment for me, I really don't know where you are coming from on that front. Now since you did bring up Jay's receivers, the Bears new GM did did give Cutler the type of receivers he needs to be successful. Since Jay is not the most accurate QB in the league he needs big receivers who can go up and take the ball away like M. Bennett, 6-6 264, Marshall 6-4 230, Jeffery 6-3 215, Forte 6-2 222.

3) In Chicago this is the most overall talent on offense I have ever seen, so I don't expect Cutler to fail. The only success Tebow has ever had is to be lucky enough to be in a crappy division where an 8-8 record gets you into the playoffs. The only results Cutler and the Bears have had is to win games in the regular season yet fail to get into the playoffs. BTW it was Forte who got Lovie fired...........or should I say Lovie's lack of using all of Forte's abilities correctly got him fired.

Comment

Cutler sucks. Tebow sucks. That's all you need to know.
                    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                    sigpic

Comment

If Matt Ryan is a franchise QB with that ridiculously talented roster and 1 playoff win (Same HC and OC every year until Jags took Mularkey last year ), then it's hard to argue why Cutler can't be the same with a vastly inferior amount of offensive talent and revolving coaches.

I think you can have elite franchise QB's, and a step below elite franchise QB's. I can see Cutler in that category similar to Matt Ryan. You also got franchise QB's that seem to be average in the regular season, and get it done in the playoffs (Flacco/E. Manning).

Even Stafford, with all his personal accolades and stats, led the team to a 4-12 record last year, and got a new contract extension this year.

I don't think Cutler is top tier, but he can still be a franchise QB.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                        If Matt Ryan is a franchise QB with that ridiculously talented roster and 1 playoff win (Same HC and OC every year until Jags took Mularkey last year ), then it's hard to argue why Cutler can't be the same with a vastly inferior amount of offensive talent and revolving coaches.

I think you can have elite franchise QB's, and a step below elite franchise QB's. I can see Cutler in that category similar to Matt Ryan. You also got franchise QB's that seem to be average in the regular season, and get it done in the playoffs (Flacco/E. Manning).

Even Stafford, with all his personal accolades and stats, led the team to a 4-12 record last year, and got a new contract extension this year.

I don't think Cutler is top tier, but he can still be a franchise QB.

in chicagos case he has to be their FQB.. that is not saying he would be in any other town.. he is the best they have had in decades, but then well the bar has not been raised very high there for a LONG time..

he is a head case that will always rely on his arm stregnth over taking the sure thing and moving the chains that way..

someone referenced him to Jeff G he had the same mentality and his bouncing around the league to teams that thought they could train him is legenadary..

so was the trail of coaches he killed.. cutler is Jeff G reincarnated..

Comment

How is it that Cutler seems to always blow his chances at getting into the playoffs and he's a starting qb for an nfl team while Tebow took a 1-3 team to the playoffs and win in overtime and yet he's still a backup?
                          If I had it any way, Cutler needs to be the backup for the patriots while Tebow starts for the bears.
                          GO BRONCOS!!
                          :usa:***GOD BLESS OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES***:usa:

Comment

Originally posted by #01BroncoFan View Post
                            How is it that Cutler seems to always blow his chances at getting into the playoffs and he's a starting qb for an nfl team while Tebow took a 1-3 team to the playoffs and win in overtime and yet he's still a backup?
                            If I had it any way, Cutler needs to be the backup for the patriots while Tebow starts for the bears.
                            GO BRONCOS!!
                            We were 8 - 8 when Tebow and the Broncos were in the playoffs.... not complaining, and not to knock Tebow, I was happy to have Orton out..... but if your 8 - 8 in the NFC for the last quite a few years you are not going to the playoffs.... not to say the NFC tougher, but they just have a lot more teams at 11-5 or better over the last few years ....
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                              We were 8 - 8 when Tebow and the Broncos were in the playoffs.... not complaining, and not to knock Tebow, I was happy to have Orton out..... but if your 8 - 8 in the NFC for the last quite a few years you are not going to the playoffs.... not to say the NFC tougher, but they just have a lot more teams at 11-5 or better over the last few years ....
                              Well your memory is not long.

Cuddles did have one monster deep pass that made the Bears succeed over the 7-9 Seahawks. The worst record of any team ever entering the playoffs, whereas Tebow played 11 games and went 7-4 (equals 10+ wins in the season.

Tebow showed so many things that any sane evaluator has to question how this Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde can be so lousy most of the time and so effective/good the rest. I would have loved to see him battle Cutler in Chicago. They are polar opposites, with Tebow's great intangibles and Cutlers great tangibles.

It would have been fun to see Cutler get knocked out of a game and never come back as a starter.

Comment

Well your memory is not long.

Cuddles did have one monster deep pass that made the Bears succeed over the 7-9 Seahawks. The worst record of any team ever entering the playoffs, whereas Tebow played 11 games and went 7-4 (equals 10+ wins in the season.

Tebow showed so many things that any sane evaluator has to question how this Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde can be so lousy most of the time and so effective/good the rest. I would have loved to see him battle Cutler in Chicago. They are polar opposites, with Tebow's great intangibles and Cutlers great tangibles.

It would have been fun to see Cutler get knocked out of a game and never come back as a starter.

Classy...

Anyway... in my opinion this is not correct.

If Tebow was really better than Jay Cutler he would be a starting QB in the NFL. Because there are far worse QB's in the NFL than Jay Cutler. Tell me I'm wrong. Jay might not always make the best decisions but at least when he throws an int the ball is going where he wanted it to go. And yes if Tebow had Cutler's talent he would be a better QB because of his "intangibles" but the fact is he doesn't he doesn't have half of the arm talent that Cutler has.

Jay Cutler may be a hot head. He may make bad decisions. But I'd still take him as my QB over Tebow any day of the week.
                                sigpic
                                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                                X