Ruh Roh Cutler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Yeah worked great in CO he still threw bad passes and made bad decisions. Hes still a player who focuses on a specific target and eyes them down. He still does not go threw his progressions and yes even in this game forces the ball to that receiver he wants. As long as Cutlers D works I have no doubt you will win but if like last year you have games where that D breaks down or doesnt cause turnovers he will not be able to win the games.
    What happened in Denver was five years ago, and I would say in 2013 he is a better QB.

In this game Jay did go through his progressions. Deep throw to Marshall...........Marshall was his third option. TD to Marshall, Jeffery was the first read. Just a couple of examples.

D did not have a great day, Bears won this game because of Cutler and the O in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
      What happened in Denver was five years ago, and I would say in 2013 he is a better QB.

In this game Jay did go through his progressions. Deep throw to Marshall...........Marshall was his third option. TD to Marshall, Jeffery was the first read. Just a couple of examples.

D did not have a great day, Bears won this game because of Cutler and the O in the second half.
      Bears aren't even going to make the playoffs so what does it matter anyway?
      UNITED IN ORANGE!

Comment

Cutler's progression is

Marshall
        Marshall
        Marshall
        Marshall
        Alshon
        Marshall
        Marshall
        Bennett
        Marshall
        Marshall
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• I can understand how you would think that forcing 3 turnovers is not good for a defense especially since Jay normally causes more then that, but its those turnovers that allow your offense to score.

Your offense was less efficient then the Bengals
          Less Yards
          Less Yards/Play
          Less First Downs
          More 3rd Down conversions in less attempts

Yes your D allowed that to happen but there offense was better then yours and they would have won if it werent for a stupid player who grabbed a facemask and threw a lineman on the floor before the game.
          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I can understand how you would think that forcing 3 turnovers is not good for a defense especially since Jay normally causes more then that, but its those turnovers that allow your offense to score.

Your offense was less efficient then the Bengals
            Less Yards
            Less Yards/Play
            Less First Downs
            More 3rd Down conversions in less attempts

Yes your D allowed that to happen but there offense was better then yours and they would have won if it werent for a stupid player who grabbed a facemask and threw a lineman on the floor before the game.
            The last two td drives by the Bears were 80+ yards.

Three turnovers is great, but the D did not play up to Bear standards.

For 2.5 quarters the Bengals offense was indeed better..........To bad it is a 4 quarter game. Bengals only had the ball for 6 offensive plays in the 4th quarter due to long Bear drives. Bengals don't know how to finish.

Comment

• You saw it all by Jay today. Good Jay.......Bad Jay.......Good Jay for the game winner.

Comment

You saw it all by Jay today. Good Jay.......Bad Jay.......Good Jay for the game winner.
                Jays looking good, I think hes finally got weapons, and oline and unlike in Denver he has a defense to back him up. Its only week two but Chicago definitely a top ten team in the league.
                sigpic

Comment

The last two td drives by the Bears were 80+ yards.

Three turnovers is great, but the D did not play up to Bear standards.

For 2.5 quarters the Bengals offense was indeed better..........To bad it is a 4 quarter game. Bengals only had the ball for 6 offensive plays in the 4th quarter due to long Bear drives. Bengals don't know how to finish.
                  When all is said in done hes still the same player who is tied with Josh Freeman as having the worst INT % of any starting QB. Yes he throws 1% more TD's then INT's but he is still going to have games where he needs to be saved because he still makes stupid decisions.

In fact despite having a better line and better weapons his % INT have started out the worst its ever been. Yes he looks better then ever but hes still has similar problems but I do like how hes finally spreading the ball around
                  Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-17-2013, 09:47 AM.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• I find it humorous that Cutler is a free agent in all my fantasy leagues

I love his passes - his quick motion flick - the ball jumps off his arm

But I'll believe he's gotten over the hump only after he proves it.

So far so good though for you Bears ....... the beginning of the season isn't ever the issue with Cuttles though and that makes it so much tougher as a fan

The inevitable disintegration of what seemed like a postseason future
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Jays looking good, I think hes finally got weapons, and oline and unlike in Denver he has a defense to back him up. Its only week two but Chicago definitely a top ten team in the league.
                      Don't know if the Bears are a top ten team just yet, this offense still has a long way to go. Cutler has still got to become more consistant in this offense, and I think that will come given time. Trestman's offense is the best one Jay has been on in Chicago, and the best one for him to succeed.

Comment

Don't know if the Bears are a top ten team just yet, this offense still has a long way to go. Cutler has still got to become more consistant in this offense, and I think that will come given time. Trestman's offense is the best one Jay has been on in Chicago, and the best one for him to succeed.
                        consistency is not Jays strong point unless its being consistently inconsistent.He has been playing well.
                        Originally posted by baphamet
                        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

When all is said in done hes still the same player who is tied with Josh Freeman as having the worst INT % of any starting QB. Yes he throws 1% more TD's then INT's but he is still going to have games where he needs to be saved because he still makes stupid decisions.

In fact despite having a better line and better weapons his % INT have started out the worst its ever been. Yes he looks better then ever but hes still has similar problems but I do like how hes finally spreading the ball around
                          Against Minny Jay made stupid decisions with the ball, then pulled his own ass out of the fire with a great 4th quarter game winning drive. Cutler over the course of a year will always make some head scratching *** throws, and come back with some of the best game winning passes a fan could ever hope for, and that in my mind is why he will never be an elite QB like Rodgers, P. Manning, Brady or Brees, just a very good one like an E. Manning or Rivers.

I think that by spreading the ball around it shows Jay is buying into Trestman's system. That gives hope that Jay will become a little more consistant than he has been in the past here in Chicago. It could have been much worse against the Vikings, because he checked down on 6 or 7 of Forte's 11 catches. Take the easy throw rather than force the ball into coverage. Had this been last years staff Cutler may have thrown 4/5 int's. and we get blown out of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            consistency is not Jays strong point unless its being consistently inconsistent.He has been playing well.
                            I disagree that Jay can't become a more consistant QB. I look back at 2011 before his injury, the only time here in Chicago where he had the same OC two years in a row where he carried the Bears to a 7-3 record. That remains the most consistant play he has ever had. Then came last year where Cutler regressed badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              I find it humorous that Cutler is a free agent in all my fantasy leagues

I love his passes - his quick motion flick - the ball jumps off his arm

But I'll believe he's gotten over the hump only after he proves it.

So far so good though for you Bears ....... the beginning of the season isn't ever the issue with Cuttles though and that makes it so much tougher as a fan

The inevitable disintegration of what seemed like a postseason future
                              I think Cutler is a #2 option behind a good fantasy QB.

Yep.....Great arm, but it is that same strong arm that gets him into trouble.

I agree Cutler has to prove it this year. Our new GM has gone out and gotten him great weapons at WR and TE, to go along with Forte, plus a new rebuilt OL through bot free agency and the draft. Now it is all up to Jay.

Actually in 2010 and 2011 Jay played his best ball later in the season. It was last year wher he had a great first game and was inconsistant the rest of the season.

2010 he was in the NFCCG, 2011 he was well on his way to the postseason before his injury. 2012 the only reason we were close was because of the D, which was why Lovie got canned.

Comment

• Another clutch drive for Cutler late......

Bears are really looking good, ST, Def, playmakers, play calling etc...they look like a complete team.

Comment

Working...
                                X