X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Time to pay up. Cutler had a chance to take the division, and he threw an INT to end the game. Same old Cutler
    Well Shanny will probably be walking to the Texans anyway and have control over the roster decisions there. Chances are Cutler may still get paid very well, and the Titans could be willing to fork over some cash too. The truth is Cutler may not have completely blown his chances for more money. Though teams would be stupid to give him the deal he wants

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Depends on what you consider successful.....you have already ignored the 10-6 season he helped orchestrate last year simply because it didnt include a playoff victory. The fact that hes 27-13 in his past three seasons means nothing to you....you have already made that stance.
    So no disrespect, but I dont think you are an impartial vote.

If were talking SB or nothing then no Im not interested.....but if you want to go playoffs or not, then sure -Im in......
    Time to pay up. Cutler had a chance to take the division, and he threw an INT to end the game. Same old Cutler

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    They are but if Melton is out for the year, that would be a big loss.

Very good player, was carted off.

In a contract year, along with many others.
    The bad news........Melton torn ACL, done for the year. Some good news, Nate Collins has played very well inside, though only as a rotation player. It's Collins time to show that he can step up and be a full time player.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
    Against Minny Jay made stupid decisions with the ball, then pulled his own ass out of the fire with a great 4th quarter game winning drive. Cutler over the course of a year will always make some head scratching *** throws, and come back with some of the best game winning passes a fan could ever hope for, and that in my mind is why he will never be an elite QB like Rodgers, P. Manning, Brady or Brees, just a very good one like an E. Manning or Rivers.

I think that by spreading the ball around it shows Jay is buying into Trestman's system. That gives hope that Jay will become a little more consistant than he has been in the past here in Chicago. It could have been much worse against the Vikings, because he checked down on 6 or 7 of Forte's 11 catches. Take the easy throw rather than force the ball into coverage. Had this been last years staff Cutler may have thrown 4/5 int's. and we get blown out of the game.
    I agree that Cutler is finally doing proegressive reads and its possible that is partly because of his time to throw now and the new system. Still part of the problem is your bears take longer to complete a passing play then any other team except the Steelers who have similar problems. He takes a long time on his progressions and doesnt always dump the ball of quick enough but yes he does spread the ball better then he has done in the past. If Cutler wasnt the best protected player right now at his possession he wouldnt be doing nearly as good and I think thats where its really changed.

He will still make dumb mistakes and hes still not spreading it around as much as he had when the Bears last went to the playoffs but hes looking like a different QB. The problem is cry baby cutler has a tendency to rear its ugly head when things start going wrong and it tends to take the team into bad places, if his line has a bad game which they might and he doesnt throw a tantrum Ild believe hes changed

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Yeah could be a huge loss.......
    Hope hes alright, I would love to see the Bears play Seattle in the playoffs (if things keep up) if its in Seattle Im not convinced Cutler could overcome, but away from home Seattle is beatable.

But then again Atl, GB, SF among others all may their shiz together by then and knock one out.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    They are but if Melton is out for the year, that would be a big loss.

Very good player, was carted off.

In a contract year, along with many others.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Another clutch drive for Cutler late......

Bears are really looking good, ST, Def, playmakers, play calling etc...they look like a complete team.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    I find it humorous that Cutler is a free agent in all my fantasy leagues

I love his passes - his quick motion flick - the ball jumps off his arm

But I'll believe he's gotten over the hump only after he proves it.

So far so good though for you Bears ....... the beginning of the season isn't ever the issue with Cuttles though and that makes it so much tougher as a fan

The inevitable disintegration of what seemed like a postseason future
    I think Cutler is a #2 option behind a good fantasy QB.

Yep.....Great arm, but it is that same strong arm that gets him into trouble.

I agree Cutler has to prove it this year. Our new GM has gone out and gotten him great weapons at WR and TE, to go along with Forte, plus a new rebuilt OL through bot free agency and the draft. Now it is all up to Jay.

Actually in 2010 and 2011 Jay played his best ball later in the season. It was last year wher he had a great first game and was inconsistant the rest of the season.

2010 he was in the NFCCG, 2011 he was well on his way to the postseason before his injury. 2012 the only reason we were close was because of the D, which was why Lovie got canned.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    consistency is not Jays strong point unless its being consistently inconsistent.He has been playing well.
    I disagree that Jay can't become a more consistant QB. I look back at 2011 before his injury, the only time here in Chicago where he had the same OC two years in a row where he carried the Bears to a 7-3 record. That remains the most consistant play he has ever had. Then came last year where Cutler regressed badly.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    When all is said in done hes still the same player who is tied with Josh Freeman as having the worst INT % of any starting QB. Yes he throws 1% more TD's then INT's but he is still going to have games where he needs to be saved because he still makes stupid decisions.

In fact despite having a better line and better weapons his % INT have started out the worst its ever been. Yes he looks better then ever but hes still has similar problems but I do like how hes finally spreading the ball around
    Against Minny Jay made stupid decisions with the ball, then pulled his own ass out of the fire with a great 4th quarter game winning drive. Cutler over the course of a year will always make some head scratching *** throws, and come back with some of the best game winning passes a fan could ever hope for, and that in my mind is why he will never be an elite QB like Rodgers, P. Manning, Brady or Brees, just a very good one like an E. Manning or Rivers.

I think that by spreading the ball around it shows Jay is buying into Trestman's system. That gives hope that Jay will become a little more consistant than he has been in the past here in Chicago. It could have been much worse against the Vikings, because he checked down on 6 or 7 of Forte's 11 catches. Take the easy throw rather than force the ball into coverage. Had this been last years staff Cutler may have thrown 4/5 int's. and we get blown out of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Don't know if the Bears are a top ten team just yet, this offense still has a long way to go. Cutler has still got to become more consistant in this offense, and I think that will come given time. Trestman's offense is the best one Jay has been on in Chicago, and the best one for him to succeed.
    consistency is not Jays strong point unless its being consistently inconsistent.He has been playing well.

Leave a comment:

• bears6385
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Jays looking good, I think hes finally got weapons, and oline and unlike in Denver he has a defense to back him up. Its only week two but Chicago definitely a top ten team in the league.
    Don't know if the Bears are a top ten team just yet, this offense still has a long way to go. Cutler has still got to become more consistant in this offense, and I think that will come given time. Trestman's offense is the best one Jay has been on in Chicago, and the best one for him to succeed.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    I find it humorous that Cutler is a free agent in all my fantasy leagues

I love his passes - his quick motion flick - the ball jumps off his arm

But I'll believe he's gotten over the hump only after he proves it.

So far so good though for you Bears ....... the beginning of the season isn't ever the issue with Cuttles though and that makes it so much tougher as a fan

The inevitable disintegration of what seemed like a postseason future

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    The last two td drives by the Bears were 80+ yards.

Three turnovers is great, but the D did not play up to Bear standards.

For 2.5 quarters the Bengals offense was indeed better..........To bad it is a 4 quarter game. Bengals only had the ball for 6 offensive plays in the 4th quarter due to long Bear drives. Bengals don't know how to finish.
    When all is said in done hes still the same player who is tied with Josh Freeman as having the worst INT % of any starting QB. Yes he throws 1% more TD's then INT's but he is still going to have games where he needs to be saved because he still makes stupid decisions.

In fact despite having a better line and better weapons his % INT have started out the worst its ever been. Yes he looks better then ever but hes still has similar problems but I do like how hes finally spreading the ball around
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-17-2013, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    You saw it all by Jay today. Good Jay.......Bad Jay.......Good Jay for the game winner.
    Jays looking good, I think hes finally got weapons, and oline and unlike in Denver he has a defense to back him up. Its only week two but Chicago definitely a top ten team in the league.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X