Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question. Are the Broncos and "Elite Team"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question. Are the Broncos and "Elite Team"?

Question:

Are the Broncos now considered an "Elite Team", the "Top Brass" in the NFL, a "Major Contender for a Super Bowl Run in 2013-14", "A top 3 team in the AFC".

Yes, No? Why, why not?

/Discuss.

Note to Bronco fans: Please take off your orange colored sunglasses and take a hard look in the mirror before answering the question and making more fools of yourself than you already have (those whom this is directed at you know who I'm talking about). Consider the teams you beat least year and their respective records. Consider the teams you lost to and their respective records. Consider your aging QB and what happens to his rigid "fair weather arm" in games below 40 degrees. Consider his record breaking one-and-done "chokeoff" I mean playoff appearances unlike no other QB of his calibur (shall I continue....?)

give me a flipping break already Denver.
    are you kidding me?

Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 08-18-2013, 09:18 PM.
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Question:

Are the Broncos now considered an "Elite Team", the "Top Brass" in the NFL, a "Major Contender for a Super Bowl Run in 2013-14", "A top 3 team in the AFC".

Yes, No? Why, why not?

/Discuss.

Note to Bronco fans: Please take off your orange colored sunglasses and take a hard look in the mirror before answering the question and making more fools of yourself than you already have (those whom this is directed at you know who I'm talking about). Consider the teams you beat least year and their respective records. Consider the teams you lost to and their respective records. Consider your aging QB and what happens to his rigid "fair weather arm" in games below 40 degrees. Consider his record breaking one-and-done "chokeoff" I mean playoff appearances unlike no other QB of his calibur (shall I continue....?)

are you kidding me?

Yes! This thread is like asking is the sky blue? Is water wet? Denver beat the superbowl champions on the road and the bengals those unfortunately were there most impressive wins they beat the teams in front of them and beat most of thise teams badly.
    There defense and there kicker (missed a field goal in regulation that would have sealed the deal) contributed to the playoff loss along with peyton. Denver has the same team they had last year along with upgrades on the o-line, d-line, linebacker, corner, runningback and receiver. And they once again have a favorable schedule.
    Peyton Manning alone is bettet more arm strength and a better knowledge of his teamates.Denver should b in the playoffs and if that happens it gives them a 1-12 chance to win it all. There are 5 or 6 elite qbs and peyton is one of them. He has won a superbowl call him a choker but hes done something great qbs never have Marino, Kelly, Fouts, and moon all hall of famers no rings. Qbs with one ring in the hall Namath, dawson, farve, young, simms, theisman, and doug williams.
    sigpic

Comment

That pretty quickly went from a legitimate discussion question to boring smack. Disappointing. I'll answer anyway though.

Yes. We're elite. Yes, we also have issues. What team doesn't? Brady may be without his top 5 receivers last year. The Texans still have Schaub (solid but not elite). Who else in the AFC can challenge us?

On paper, we are clearly the best team in the AFC, if not the whole NFL. We had a 13-3 record last year and only got stronger. Off paper? There's no way to tell which teams will hold up and which won't, gotta wait for the season to start. Anything before that is just silly.

Comment

Question:

Yes, No? Why, why not?

/Discuss.

are you kidding me?

I remember people saying the same thing about Mr Elway in 97 after there upset in 96
        sigpic

Comment

Question:

Yes, No? Why, why not?

/Discuss.

are you kidding me?

Is the majority of the sports analyst also wearing orange colored shades its not just bronco fans that believe its everybody who watches football. I hate the niners but theyll be elite along with seattle and Atlanta
          sigpic

Comment

Yes we're elite if nothing else but for the fact that we have an elite QB which in this day and age of football can make a team elite almost immediately. We have a very strong wide receiving core, and a solid front 7 on the defensive side. I also think our Defensive backs will prove they can hang with the big boys once the season has started. The one area we seem to be lacking (right now) is a solid RB that will take the load of the 1st team carries but I think Ball has the potential to be that guy time will tell. I also know that a solid run game in the current NFL means about 50% as much as having a supreme passing game which we do.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
              Yes we're elite if nothing else but for the fact that we have an elite QB which in this day and age of football can make a team elite almost immediately. We have a very strong wide receiving core, and a solid front 7 on the defensive side. I also think our Defensive backs will prove they can hang with the big boys once the season has started. The one area we seem to be lacking (right now) is a solid RB that will take the load of the 1st team carries but I think Ball has the potential to be that guy time will tell. I also know that a solid run game in the current NFL means about 50% as much as having a supreme passing game which we do.
              so your saying ol man Manning is going to carry your team on his shoulders (like Elway did) and it will end up being a 1 dimensional showdown?

Comment

I'm actually surprised more loud mouth loose lipped fans aren't posting in this thread about how big, bad, and beast the Broncos are this year with the most talented elite QB and "elite" surrounding cast. Man if only John Elway had it this good. (he he)

Comment

I believe that we're one of the four or five best teams in the league. Does that make us elite? I don't know...

I'm not ready to compare them to the 98' team. That was an elite team. This team would probably only have 7-9 guys that could have started on that team.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

In my personal opinion, I think they sould be playin for TWO rings in a row this year! They had a perfect path last year, and I blame that fiasco on the Defense more than Manning, especially the defensive backs!

It all hinges on the D man. Everyone knows they may break all kinds of Offensive records this year, so how well will the D perform? If they pull their weight, everyone stays healthy, then the skys the limit, and they will be an elite team.

But it is Super Bowl or Bust this year. There will be no satisfaction in just winning the West, just making the playoffs, oh no. There is a reason VEGAS has them and the 49ers in the Superbowl, so, YOU TELL US, are they considered ELITE, TOP BRASS, MAJOR CONTENDER? Vegas seems to think so, the Mags the papers the sportwriters the talking heads the sports channells, they seem to think so.

BUT! Remember when the CHARREDgirls were a favorite all those seasons just not too long ago? Hmm? What happened?:thumb:
                    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Yes the Broncos are one of the top teams in the league. The only elite team in the NFL is the one holding that trophy after the superbowl...How is San Diego looking...oh thats right Rivers is still there so they are on a downward spiral.:thumb:
                      Originally posted by baphamet
                      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

I'm actually surprised more loud mouth loose lipped fans aren't posting in this thread about how big, bad, and beast the Broncos are this year with the most talented elite QB and "elite" surrounding cast. Man if only John Elway had it this good. (he he)
                        Hey No Ring who is Elite and why? youve made it clear not the Broncos so im curious whos better and why? brady and no weapons, flacco and no weapons Seattle, SF, Cincy, and Houston with there unproven qbs?
                        Last edited by 58Miller; 08-19-2013, 12:51 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just another flaming attempt.

No Rings, do you ever have a legit reason to post in this forum? At least most Bolt-fans here like to talk football.

But you...you're like a little kid who thinks making faces in someone's window is entertaining.

Comment

No one is elite until they actually play the games. If you feel the need to discuss us being elite, NoRing, then I guess that might indicate you actually think we might be. However, the games have yet to be played.

Comment

Question. Are the Broncos and "Elite Team"?

It's an, not and.
                              sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X