X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltzfan88 View Post
    You do realize that's because Freeney had an absolute joke of a DC in Greg Manusky right? AFC West fans should know first hand how awful he is considering that his lone season in SD, he turned a talented bunch of defensive players into useless ones.
    You want to explain to me how a DC is going to be responsible for the drop off in production of a D-End? Outside containment/ get into the backfield. That's your responsibilities. The DC doesn't scheme much for that position. Me thinks you don't know football too well.

Plus Freeney had injuries.
    That shouldn't count against him? If he's injured a a lot he can't contribute can he? I don't see where this excuse is going...

Tell you what, you take the guy that misses a lot of games injured or plays hobbled, and we'll take Philips for a song lol

John Pagano is one of the best defensive coordinators in the NFL. He knows how to use players to utilize their strengths. Expect him to do the same with Dwight Freeney who is finally 100% healthy now.
    So what is it he's going to do with Freeney exactly? Wave his magic wand and all of the sudden make him play a position he's never played in his entire life better than he played D-end?

Now that's a rosy outlook if I ever saw one. I love the enthusiasm bud, but I think you're in for a rude awakening.

Charger fans know very well that almost every sack Shaun Phillips had last season came in garbage time or were coverage sacks. He's done and washed up that's why the Chargers let him walk.
    And then immediately turned around and overpaid for Freeney, who is also old and washed up. We got Philips for a nickle and a handshake, and weren't expecting him to be the starter. He is Von's backup. He was depth. Freeney is supposed to be a big contributor for you guys, and I think you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Disagree on LB, with Miller ill take ours over SD.
    I kind of agree with you here. With Miller and Woodyard who was a Pro Bowl snub last year due to lack of name recognition (he had an overall incredible season) We have a two very good OLB's the ? for Denver is at MLB I'd like to say I know Irving is going to be "The Man" in years to come but I wont until he shows it on the field consistently. Not his fault he hasn't yet...(lack of opprotunity much like Teo as Baph stated). So I will say for now with miller I take our LB core over SD's as the MLB ? is a wash at this point.

Though I think if you look at LB's within the division KC currently has the best overall core...not the best single players but the best core with Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson and Justin Houston...all extremely solid.

The OP asked about D-Line...and as I stated in my previous post I will wait to pass judgement on this until a later date. There is so much young talent on the D-Lines of the AFCW no one really knows who's going to boom or bust until it happens.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    you are already wrong. we have the best DE's in the division and i don't think that's even debatable. we easily have the best FS in the division, best TE's and best looking uniforms too lol

don't forget linebackers as a whole too. you guys have miller but ours are better all around
    Disagree on LB, with Miller ill take ours over SD.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by obi-groo View Post
    I don't think the Chargers will have the best or be the best anything in the AFC West. They won't even be the best at losing since the Raiders will claim that. They will just be mediocre.
    you are already wrong. we have the best DE's in the division and i don't think that's even debatable. we easily have the best FS in the division, best TE's and best looking uniforms too lol

don't forget linebackers as a whole too. you guys have miller but ours are better all around
    Last edited by baphamet; 09-04-2013, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• obi-groo
    replied
    I don't think the Chargers will have the best or be the best anything in the AFC West. They won't even be the best at losing since the Raiders will claim that. They will just be mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    By seasons end?...their better than the charger now...last week...next week
    care to elaborate? or are you just posting your typical homer biased nonsense? why is the broncos DL better? you have derek wolfe, i can see that but both of our DE's are easily just as good and liuget is better than any DL'men in the division.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    Speak for yourself, I'll tale Derek Wolfe, and your SERIOUSLY under-rating Malik Jackson and Mitch Unrein, who are about to explode onto the scene...and that's not including Sly

By seasons end, the Broncos D-line will be clearly better
    i am sure being a homer you believe your entire team is going to "explode onto the scene"

the donko defense looks pretty mediocre right now on paper and when it comes to DL's yours is inferior.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Wolfe and Phillips > Freeney.
    nope, sorry that's incorrect. both of our DE's are better than wolfe and Philips is a good player but not on freeney's level.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Shaun Phillips had 9.5 sacks last year and Freeney had five but freeney is better? Wolfe had six sacks? Knighton and Vickerson are two 330 lb tree trunks.
    And the thread states best fron seven in the AFC West not the first six weeks in the AFC West. Once Denver gets Miller and Bradley back at lb I would take Denvers front seven that was part of a 4th ranked defense in the nfl last year.
    i am not going to make any excuses for freeney any other year but IMO he is indeed a better pass rusher than SP or any other player on your team not names miller right now and i will stand by that.

also, no the OP said nothing about front 7, i was the one that mentioned that and we do have a good front 7 on paper, probably better than yours if te'o ever gets on the field and becomes a solid starter for us.

by the way, wasn't elvis a big part of your defense last year as well? your defense is not looking anywhere near as good on paper this year and tomorrow you guys will be without elvis, miller, and champ. you better hope the offense comes out of the gate running.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    better than any pass rusher you have on your team for the next 6 weeks
    Wolfe and Phillips > Freeney.

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    You Chargers fans are delusional.
    So I've heard.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    You Chargers fans are delusional.

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    you seem a little scared arap.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Idiot_Kicker
    replied
    Originally posted by chad72 View Post
    The Chargers may not be the best team in the AFC West but I do think their D-line is the best in the AFC West.

With Corey Liuget, Kendall Reyes, Dwight Freeney and Jarius Wynn at DE

With Cam Thomas, Kwame Geathers, and now Drake Nevis at DT

I think they have the best DL rotation in the AFC West with bodies good enough to play the run or the pass, IMO.
    Speak for yourself, I'll tale Derek Wolfe, and your SERIOUSLY under-rating Malik Jackson and Mitch Unrein, who are about to explode onto the scene...and that's not including Sly

By seasons end, the Broncos D-line will be clearly better

Leave a comment:

Working...
X