I do believe the Chargers' D-line is the best in the AFC West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Except it wasn't a pressure it was a QB hit... and no they are not the same thing or recorded as the same stat

a pressure can do the same exact thing , it can force a QB to make a throw before he is ready, its really just common sense.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      awe dont bust his lil make believe pressure dream

yoi know that sack on manning in the third.was just a very good pressure that sadly became a drive ending sack...wasted a good pressure
      still not as good as a game killing int that was forced by a DE that didn't get a sack on the play, what gives? guess he didn't get your sacks are the only stat that matters memo
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        a pressure can do the same exact thing , it can force a QB to make a throw before he is ready, its really just common sense.

except he didnt make.manning throw before he wanted....he reached over a block and hit his elbow as he was releasing it....thats in the books as a qb hit
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

still not as good as a game killing int that was forced by a DE that didn't get a sack on the play, what gives? guess he didn't get your sacks are the only stat that matters memo
          baprod...a QB HIT that results in turnover...and a sack that kills a drive

are both better than a pressure
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
            baprod...a QB HIT that results in turnover...and a sack that kills a drive

are both better than a pressure
            arapatroll.... a QB hurry that results in an int because the QB threw the ball before he wanted or made a bad decision because he was under pressure, that is also better than a sack. or are you telling me that never happens? LOL
            sigpic

Comment

arapatroll.... a QB hurry that results in an int because the QB threw the ball before he wanted or made a bad decision because he was under pressure, that is also better than a sack. or are you telling me that never happens? LOL
              ohh sure i probably happens occasionaly....but qbs that are vets are less likely to be efffected by..mere pressure....they see it...feel it and most times beat it

but hitting a qbs arm....like what happened to manning....was not a pressure
              the sack fumble he first game...was not a pressure

now theres two turnovers by manning from sacks and hits....show me one turnover committed by manning against the bolts this year that was the result of pressure
              sigpic

Comment

No hitting a quarterback as he throws is not going to cause the same exact thing as being near him when he throws..quite possibly the dumbest thing you have ever said or even implied...and that's truly saying something..
                Originally posted by baphamet
                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Who would say that never happens? You seem to think getting pressures makes you a good pass rusher.one is a definitive thing..sacks..the other is "well it might have cause something you cant prove at all to have happened". Guess what not only do you get a sack for sure when you get one but you might also cause a fumble.... Hurrys/pressures are fine and dandy when it is all you can do "Like barney to powder blue dino" but I would prefer Von who gets a lot of both
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    No hitting a quarterback as he throws is not going to cause the same exact thing as being near him when he throws..quite possibly the dumbest thing you have ever said or even implied...and that's truly saying something..
                    a pressure can and does cause QB's to throw passes before they are ready or it causes them to make poor decisions resulting in an int., especially when they are flushed out of the pocket. if you don't think that happens you are truly clueless
                    sigpic

Comment

a pressure can and does cause QB's to throw passes before they are ready or it causes them to make poor decisions resulting in an int., especially when they are flushed out of the pocket. if you don't think that happens you are truly clueless
                      whats clueless is the idealology that just pressureing a qb is just as good as hitting a qb as he throws or actualy sacking a qb....qbs throw picks in a clean un pressured pocket all the time

your trying to justify barnys inability to actualy sack a qb....sacks create fumbles...fumbles create scoreing oppertunities for the defense as well as turn the ball over

qbs throw tds under pressure too...they throw first downs under pressure too

they dont throw tds when they are sacked

get over it...you gotta be the only football fan in america trying to put more importance on a pressure then a sack....stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

• Freeney 2013 - 2 tackles .5 sack
                        Phillips - Yesterday 2 tackles 2 sacks

Phillips ended the season with 10 sacks in total....the same number as Freeney and Dumervil combined. I would say his signing was a great one.
                        It would be great to have Dumervil right about now, but you gotta love Phillips production. We knew we werent getting a prime time Phillips and there would be ups and downs (like there have) but he has certainly been a surprise.

Comment

Working...
                        X