• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    that's funny cuz he isn't a defensive linemen
    that's funny because that's exactly where he plays for us..hand on the ground and everything !pro football ball focus has him ranked as the 10th best DE in the league...

seems the botls played him out of position his whole carrer. 6'3" 260...sounds like a DE to me..about the same exact size as Freeny.. lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-24-2013, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    and again....we looked a roll player...a situational player...a back up...von was not suspended yet

just more of your whiney lil girl cries...

we ended up with stud who fits right in....THANK GOD THE BOLTS OFFICE...AND IDIOTIC FANS LIKE YOU wrote shaun off

him playing well just makes it sweet

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    are you in the broncos front office bap?....because if you are not....then there is zero chance you know the crap you spew is truth....you do not know if shauns agent was working towards going to the broncos long before he was signed

its just rubbish...like 90% of your smack

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Baphs reply
    beagles reply to everything.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    melvin ingram....with 15 pressures and .5 sacks and 10 tackles was voted into the probowl...is something that will never be heard bap

ayers had more pressures then melvin....and you called him a bust

fact is the broncos looked at freeney...and passed. they wanted a back up...a role player...not a older one dimensional player who thinks hes still worth millions

in case you didnt know...just because teams have a player into the office for a visit doesnt automatically mean they are dead set on getting him...just taking a look.
    yep and they never took a look at SP until the end, i wonder why? maybe because he want their first choice? maybe because he wasn't a highly sought after free agent? are you really trying to act like the broncos wanted SP all along? HAHA

they got him because he was cheap and could still play, not because he was the best pass rusher on the market and everyone knew he would have a great season like he is having, you lucked out.

also, you are basing that comparison off of one rookie season, you cant call a player a bust after one rookie year, that is just dumb.

i was basing ayers being a bust off of 4 years in the league, is that not long enough to prove you can play? are you really comparing a veteran 4 year career to a rookie that played just one year?

that is sound logic if i have ever heard it!

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Or maybe he's just playing on a better D-line! Lol!
    that's funny cuz he isn't a defensive linemen

Leave a comment:

• alxlddy
    replied
    lol phillips is much better than dwight nice try

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Dwight Freeney is just a name, he cant play anywhere near his former level
    Baphs reply
    The Chargers wanted to pay out the nose for exactly that.....you homer..why would they want Philips who can actually still get the job done? That goes against everything the Bolts believe in!

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    melvin ingram....with 15 pressures and .5 sacks and 10 tackles was voted into the probowl...is something that will never be heard bap

fact is the broncos looked at freeney...and passed. they wanted a back up...a role player...not a older one dimensional player who thinks hes still worth millions

in case you didnt know...just because teams have a player into the office for a visit doesnt automatically mean they are dead set on getting him...just taking a look.
    Dwight Freeney is just a name, he cant play anywhere near his former level

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    like i said, i can see him not going to Oakland for more money. he didn't say in that quote that Houston offered him more.

point was and still is that he was definitely not a sought after commodity and i was not the only one that thought he was declining, maybe manning gave him a little drink from the fountain of youth he has stashed in his back yard?
    Or maybe he's just playing on a better D-line! Lol!

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    "At this point in my career, I've made some money. I've done that," Phillips said. "So it was really just down to do you go to the team that pays you the most money and you have a miserable season? Or do you go to a team that will take care of you and give you a chance to win?

"I've played nine years. I've been to the Pro Bowl, played in the AFC championship, but I haven't played in a Super Bowl. I want to play and have a chance to win a Super Bowl. You're not going to have that chance if you're the miserable guy in a miserable situation wondering when the season is going to be over. That's not what I'm about."

Phillips narrowed his choices to the Broncos and Houston Texans. Denver's Peyton Manning-powered offense and top-five defense broke the tie.

"There were only two fits in my mind, the Houston Texans and here," Phillips said. "I got offered a nice amount of money to go to Oakland, but that just wasn't for me at this stage. I could have gone other places, but this is the place. You want to be part of something like this."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2332986...signing-denver

There's the link, cool read :thumb:
    like i said, i can see him not going to Oakland for more money. he didn't say in that quote that Houston offered him more.

point was and still is that he was definitely not a sought after commodity and i was not the only one that thought he was declining, maybe manning gave him a little drink from the fountain of youth he has stashed in his back yard?

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    nobody but a desperate team would of gave freeney the contract you guys did...you were desperate!!
    and caved because of that desperation... we were not looking for a star...we had miller and ayers, we were looking for a role player and Phillips filled that

freeney if there ever was such a thing is the epitome of one trick pony

so now your saying sacks is all that matters...seems like when you was hyping Melvin...sacks wasn't important...in fact...at times pressure is better than a sack..lol...almost sacks made Melvin a top ten pass rusher..:thumb:

mathis already has better numbers then freeney
    dumerville is on pace to beat freeneys numbers...is he HOF too

jared allen has more sacks..200 + more tackles already than freeney

I just don't see freeney as hof
    you do realize that the broncos took a look at freeney far before the chargers signed him, right?

yes we were desperate at that point, there is no denying that. we let SP go then lost ingram for pretty much the entire season right after that. had ingram not gone down we would not have signed him.

also, when it comes to the HOF yeah sacks is what matters for sure, you are not going to get voted in for pressures or other lesser known stats.

you sure as hell are not getting voted in as a pass rusher for how many tackles you have either. its an irrelevant stat, especially when you don't know where those tackles were made.

i will say this, QB pressures is a more relevant stat to a pass rusher than tackles, when you consider QB pressures and sacks.

you can have a lot of meaningless tackles and rarely get penetration at the LOS or get very many sacks and you are not doing you job.
    Last edited by baphamet; 11-21-2013, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    along with the rest of the NFL. if anyone would have thought he was playing at a high level he would have gotten a contract similar to freeneys if not higher.

even Denver wasn't sure considering how long he was available and they were looking at other far more expensive guys first like freeney.

but it was not a huge risk for them since they paid next to nothing.

as far as the numbers, lets see where he is at after his 12th year. but its funny that you mention tackles too, the HOF voters don't look at it that way. if tackles made a difference freeney wouldn't even have a chance to go to the HOF.

its all about the sacks and popularity too of course, if SP gets a ring that would help as well.

that would suck lol

nobody but a desperate team would of gave freeney the contract you guys did...you were desperate!!
    and caved because of that desperation... we were not looking for a star...we had miller and ayers, we were looking for a role player and Phillips filled that

freeney if there ever was such a thing is the epitome of one trick pony

so now your saying sacks is all that matters...seems like when you was hyping Melvin...sacks wasn't important...in fact...at times pressure is better than a sack..lol...almost sacks made Melvin a top ten pass rusher..:thumb:

mathis already has better numbers then freeney
    dumerville is on pace to beat freeneys numbers...is he HOF too

jared allen has more sacks..200 + more tackles already than freeney

I just don't see freeney as hof

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    "At this point in my career, I've made some money. I've done that," Phillips said. "So it was really just down to do you go to the team that pays you the most money and you have a miserable season? Or do you go to a team that will take care of you and give you a chance to win?

"I've played nine years. I've been to the Pro Bowl, played in the AFC championship, but I haven't played in a Super Bowl. I want to play and have a chance to win a Super Bowl. You're not going to have that chance if you're the miserable guy in a miserable situation wondering when the season is going to be over. That's not what I'm about."

Phillips narrowed his choices to the Broncos and Houston Texans. Denver's Peyton Manning-powered offense and top-five defense broke the tie.

"There were only two fits in my mind, the Houston Texans and here," Phillips said. "I got offered a nice amount of money to go to Oakland, but that just wasn't for me at this stage. I could have gone other places, but this is the place. You want to be part of something like this."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2332986...signing-denver

There's the link, cool read :thumb:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X