• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    so I guess the declining part...was wrong..lol
    along with the rest of the NFL. if anyone would have thought he was playing at a high level he would have gotten a contract similar to freeneys if not higher.

even Denver wasn't sure considering how long he was available and they were looking at other far more expensive guys first like freeney.

but it was not a huge risk for them since they paid next to nothing.

as far as the numbers, lets see where he is at after his 12th year. but its funny that you mention tackles too, the HOF voters don't look at it that way. if tackles made a difference freeney wouldn't even have a chance to go to the HOF.

its all about the sacks and popularity too of course, if SP gets a ring that would help as well.

that would suck lol

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    yeah SD didn't think he was worth it, that's right. you keep trying to pretend that i agree with that and that i said i didn't want him on the team, completely untrue.

and yeah i said freeney was better, he is a future hall of famer and SP is not. i also said SP was declining but still a good player but you conveniently forgot that part didn't you?

so keep doing what you do arapatroll

so I guess the declining part...was wrong..lol

lets look at freeney and SP numbers

freeney..167 games 12 yrs
    Phillips...146 games 10 yrs

freeney...108 sacks...1.5 sacks per game
    Phillips....78.5 sacks...1.8 sacks per game

freeney....300 total tackles....25tkl per yr...1.7 tpg
    Phillips....501 total tackles (77 more solo than freeneys total).. 50 tkl per yr...3.4 tpg

in a longer career with more games...other then more sacks...when SP gets to 12 yrs he should be close

theres not much in which freeney is better than SP

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    you said it a multiple times rod...Sd didn't think he was worth a contract...if sd wanted him they woulda made a offer...right

yeah it sucks knowing how horrible a decision that was

that's what you said....and freeney was so much better than phillips
    yeah SD didn't think he was worth it, that's right. you keep trying to pretend that i agree with that and that i said i didn't want him on the team, completely untrue.

and yeah i said freeney was better, he is a future hall of famer and SP is not. i also said SP was declining but still a good player but you conveniently forgot that part didn't you?

so keep doing what you do arapatroll

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    i don't believe i mentioned your name there, did i?

you were the one that brought it up and were referring to what i said in the off season about us not wanting those guys, were you not? if not, why the hell did you mention it?

you said it a multiple times rod...Sd didn't think he was worth a contract...if sd wanted him they woulda made a offer...right

yeah it sucks knowing how horrible a decision that was

that's what you said....and freeney was so much better than phillips
    Last edited by arapaho; 11-21-2013, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    "Arapatroll" never said we stole them...make crap up again to justify your pathetic attempts at smack rod...lmao

what matter concerned the defense is...SP is better then any pass rusher the bolts have...and you let him walk
    the whole reason for me saying that in the first place is someone was saying the broncos stole Vasquez and SP from us.
    i don't believe i mentioned your name there, did i?

you were the one that brought it up and were referring to what i said in the off season about us not wanting those guys, were you not? if not, why the hell did you mention it?

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    i was talking about when i said that in the off-season man, that's was what arapatroll referenced when he brought it up.

tom telesco got rid of a whole bunch of vets last off season, not just the ones you got. they went into rebuild mode.

so yeah, you didn't steal them from us, like it even matters at this point.
    "Arapatroll" never said we stole them...make crap up again to justify your pathetic attempts at smack rod...lmao

what matter concerned the defense is...SP is better then any pass rusher the bolts have...and you let him walk

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Supposedly the Raiders or Texans offered him a bigger deal than Denver did and he declined it.

He wanted to go to Denver the whole time, FWIW.
    he was available a long time, i don't buy that. unless it was the raiders, i can see that maybe lol

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    Yes, this is much better. That's like saying "You didn't beat me up, I just wanted to slam my face into your fist over and over" after losing a fight lol OK, we didn't steal them. You willingly allowed us to have them. Next year, SD is just gunna let other GMs come over to their HQ and kick them in the balls. Year after that, maybe they let us make them wear dresses and have them parade around the gaslamp with signs that say "I AM TEH STUPID".

I think I would stick with the "We stole them" riff. lol
    i was talking about when i said that in the off-season man, that's was what arapatroll referenced when he brought it up.

tom telesco got rid of a whole bunch of vets last off season, not just the ones you got. they went into rebuild mode.

so yeah, you didn't steal them from us, like it even matters at this point.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    i figured he would do good for you but he's been better than i thought. to be honest i don't think the chargers expected to compete this year, that is why they got rid of so many vets that can still play, even jammer too.

we would be in a lot better shape defensively if we had jammer and SP on the team right now. we are making due on the OL, so i don't think we miss Vasquez quite as much, pluss he wasn't anything special anyways IMO.
    Phillips has been better than most thought, didnt think he'd be starting and making this big of an impact for the money he makes.

Vaz has been a beast but i agree he wouldnt change much for SD, their OL has been fine.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    when they never offered him a contract and you guys then sign him for chump change, it proves they didn't want him, its a fact. dude was available for like two months, guess nobody wanted him for dirt cheap? that's odd.

also, when i said the chargers did not want SP, i did not mean or imply that i personally did not want him on the team.

the whole reason for me saying that in the first place is someone was saying the broncos stole Vasquez and SP from us. no you didn't, we let them walk. we never offered them a contract.....we did not want them for whatever reason.

when i say we i obviously mean the chargers.

this is just you jumping to and making up your own conclusions in your head, i say that a lot because you do it constantly.
    Supposedly the Raiders or Texans offered him a bigger deal than Denver did and he declined it.

He wanted to go to Denver the whole time, FWIW.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    the whole reason for me saying that in the first place is someone was saying the broncos stole Vasquez and SP from us. no you didn't, we let them walk. we never offered them a contract.
    Yes, this is much better. That's like saying "You didn't beat me up, I just wanted to slam my face into your fist over and over" after losing a fight lol OK, we didn't steal them. You willingly allowed us to have them. Next year, SD is just gunna let other GMs come over to their HQ and kick them in the balls. Year after that, maybe they let us make them wear dresses and have them parade around the gaslamp with signs that say "I AM TEH STUPID".

I think I would stick with the "We stole them" riff. lol

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    i figured he would do good for you but he's been better than i thought. to be honest i don't think the chargers expected to compete this year, that is why they got rid of so many vets that can still play, even jammer too.

we would be in a lot better shape defensively if we had jammer and SP on the team right now. we are making due on the OL, so i don't think we miss Vasquez quite as much, pluss he wasn't anything special anyways IMO.
    Jammer can't even get on the field unless the players make a secret switch to help him out lol

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Yeah hes done really well..... I knew he could still play but I certainly didnt expect double digit sacks. But Vasquez has been a HUUGE signing for us as well. Without his skill on the line we would have felt the injuries much more.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    but I thought you guys didn't want him?
    when they never offered him a contract and you guys then sign him for chump change, it proves they didn't want him, its a fact. dude was available for like two months, guess nobody wanted him for dirt cheap? that's odd.

also, when i said the chargers did not want SP, i did not mean or imply that i personally did not want him on the team.

the whole reason for me saying that in the first place is someone was saying the broncos stole Vasquez and SP from us. no you didn't, we let them walk. we never offered them a contract.....we did not want them for whatever reason.

when i say we i obviously mean the chargers.

this is just you jumping to and making up your own conclusions in your head, i say that a lot because you do it constantly.
    Last edited by baphamet; 11-19-2013, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    agreed great pick up for you, we let a lot of guys go we shouldn't have last off season.
    Yeah hes done really well..... I knew he could still play but I certainly didnt expect double digit sacks. But Vasquez has been a HUUGE signing for us as well. Without his skill on the line we would have felt the injuries much more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X