New Look Chargers Same Old Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Look Chargers Same Old Story

The Chargers once again allowed 24 unanswered points in another home loss. A lot has changed:
    Norv is gone
    Nearly 1/2 the team has changed

Yet one thing remains the same, Philis Rivers and his pick six which once again was a defining moment that allowed your team to collapse again

There should be a record for most 4th Quarter Comebacks Allowed, and I guarantee Rivers would be very high on that list. Once again the Chargers make history for the wrong reasons.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-10-2013, 05:44 AM.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

It's funny because everyone was saying the Broncos needed to come out and make a statement this week and we did that in a big way.

The Chargers statement?

We don't really like winning......
    sigpic

Comment

Of any active QB he has the worst Career 4th Quarter QBR 7.7, Weeden is the next worse with a 15.6 and in this game he received the worst QBR you can possibly get in the 4th Quarter.

His statement is he cant handle the pressure, the only way the chargers can win is by running the score up early and hoping the team they play doesnt catch up

Rivers only completed 48% of his passes (2nd lowest) and as baph once said about Tebow any QB that has a game like that does not belong as a starter in the NFL
      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-10-2013, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Oh, the mental drippings you could pull out of the archives from Baph circa 2008-9...the Broncos were done as a franchise, the talent gap between the teams was so enormous, the Chargers would be the best team in the Division as long as Peelip was playing QB, etc, etc, etc...uh, XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wrong

Now, the truth is, Peyton will play at a minimum through his fourth year, and by then, Peelip will be completely done....he looks like he might be done now. Peelip is looking more and more like the QB who has morphed into the guy that makes the critical mistake at the wrong time to lose games....that and behind a non-existent running game, a has-been Antonio Gates and one of the worst O-lines in the league, and the Chargers aren't going to contend any time soon.

The Broncos will win the Division as long as Peyton plays, it's as simple as that.

The Chargers are solidly the third best team in the AFC West, only because Oakland is that bad
        Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
          Of any active QB he has the worst Career 4th Quarter QBR 7.7, Weeden is the next worse with a 15.6 and in this game he received the worst QBR you can possibly get in the 4th Quarter.

His statement is he cant handle the pressure, the only way the chargers can win is by running the score up early and hoping the team they play doesnt catch up

Rivers only completed 48% of his passes (2nd lowest) and as baph once said about Tebow any QB that has a game like that does not belong as a starter in the NFL
          lol, that last section just has to sting lol!
          sigpic

Comment

cant really argue with that except to say that the defense had a very big part of that as well. i talked a lot of junk about the pass rush as a whole being better than yours without miller but there simply wasn't one for most of the game.

i already knew our secondary would get torched by most teams if we give the QB time to pick them apart.

but yeah, rivers just fell apart in the 4th quarter, cant even blame the OL as they played well for once lol

oh well, we still did better than i thought overall at least!

^ losers mentality i know!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              lol, that last section just has to sting lol!
              i am sure i can easily find one quarter of football where every QB has had less than a 50% completion percentage, even manning. that is a fail argument and a half. ive already posted rivers' completion percentage from the last two years and its nowhere near 50%

what stings is the loss, more importantly how it happened, just like last year. rivers having a less than 50% completion percentage in one quarter of football is relevant but an isolated occurrence.

last year rivers completed 62.7% of his passes in the 4th quarter.

so yeah, failed tebow reference is a failure.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                i am sure i can easily find one quarter of football where every QB has had less than a 50% completion percentage, even manning. that is a fail argument and a half. ive already posted rivers' completion percentage from the last two years and its nowhere near 50%

what stings is the loss, more importantly how it happened, just like last year. rivers having a less than 50% completion percentage in one quarter of football is relevant but an isolated occurrence.

last year rivers completed 62.7% of his passes in the 4th quarter.

so yeah, failed tebow reference is a failure.
                True because Tebow didnt give the other team the ability to score by throwing more INT's then the team scored at the end of the game for the last 2 years (most of the INT's came at the end of the game)

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                  True because Tebow didnt give the other team the ability to score by throwing more INT's then the team scored at the end of the game for the last 2 years (most of the INT's came at the end of the game)
                  That's because Tebow threw it so far away from the WR that the CB would have had to have been a psychic to get an interception.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Turns out the refs blew that defenseless Center call on the field goal reversal to a first down which led to a TD on SD.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...texanschargers

Might have been the difference in the game. All other things being equal - SD would have scored one more point than Texas.

This is how Denver felt after last season's post season game officiating.

Man all these rule changes - just leave the darn game alone - even the refs are making calls that are possibly changing outcomes of games. They say the changes are for safety but there no less injuries in the NFL - heck there even more devastating knee injuries nowadays. I bet players would rather be hit in the head than the knee - that's their livelihood. Ask Decker - that's what he says.

So sad Goodell So sad ................................ Stop tinkering - there no need to change what was perfect to start with.
                    Last edited by dizzolve; 09-11-2013, 05:51 AM.
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                      Turns out the refs blew that defenseless Center call on the field goal reversal to a first down which led to a TD on SD.

Might have been the difference in the game. All other things being equal - SD would have scored one more point than Texas.

Man all these rule changes - just leave the darn game alone - even the refs are making calls that are possibly changing outcomes of games. They say the changes are for safety but there no less injuries in the NFL - heck there even more devastating knee injuries nowadays. I bet players would rather be hit in the head than the knee - that's their livelihood. Ask Decker - that's what he says.

So sad Goodell So sad ................................ Stop tinkering - there no need to change what was perfect to start with.
                      Sad indeed. Who knows what the outcome of the game would have been because our Defense just stopped them from scoring forcing a FG situation. Score would have been 17-28 with 14:52 left in the game instead of 21-28. This is huge for the Bolts because the Texans, just to tie the game, would have had to score a TD+ 2 point conversion + a FG, or to go ahead score 2 TD's making it 31-28. Whatever, the Chargers secondary got torched in the air in the 2nd half but that bad call was certainly a momentum changer + Rivers Pic 6. Leave it to my Bolts to make history for the wrong reason (as someone else put it). I would have rather lost the game knowing we played our guts out for 4 straight quarters than to choke away the game like we did in the same fashion as last year vs the Broncos.
                      Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                        Sad indeed. Who knows what the outcome of the game would have been because our Defense just stopped them from scoring forcing a FG situation. Score would have been 17-28 with 14:52 left in the game instead of 21-28. This is huge for the Bolts because the Texans, just to tie the game, would have had to score a TD+ 2 point conversion + a FG, or to go ahead score 2 TD's making it 31-28. Whatever, the Chargers secondary got torched in the air in the 2nd half but that bad call was certainly a momentum changer + Rivers Pic 6. Leave it to my Bolts to make history for the wrong reason (as someone else put it). I would have rather lost the game knowing we played our guts out for 4 straight quarters than to choke away the game like we did in the same fashion as last year vs the Broncos.
                        NoRing did you stop drinking or something? That was one of the most intelligient post ive seen you write.
                        And that call didnt make sense he didnt even hit the snapper he just jumped over him. The following drive Rivers made a great pass ib 4rd down to the sideline that Royal dropped. He makes that catch you guys could have kept running out the clock. Either way what a heart breaker for bolt fans that would have been a big win.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                          The Chargers couldnt move the ball or stop them from moving the ball....there is no reason to believe that wouldnt have continued. If the Chargers showed a little life in the second half you might have a reason to wonder, but they didnt ....they got abused.
                          A FG would have only changed how they approached the final drive. They ran the clock out for the winning FG attempt because they could, not because they needed to.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

the chargers didn't deserve to win, no excuses, even though the refs sucked last week overall.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              NoRing did you stop drinking or something? That was one of the most intelligient post ive seen you write.
                              And that call didnt make sense he didnt even hit the snapper he just jumped over him. The following drive Rivers made a great pass ib 4rd down to the sideline that Royal dropped. He makes that catch you guys could have kept running out the clock. Either way what a heart breaker for bolt fans that would have been a big win.
                              whats funny is you will very very rarely see any broncos fan be objective about their team here in smack like you see from the few chargers fans here.

there are a few but they are vastly outnumbered by fans like you, atwater, kish, and arapaho (just to name a few off the top of my head)

so if being intelligent is being objective about your team here in smack, then i guess the intelligent posts by broncos fans here is few and far between, huh?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X