So after 1 week .... lets look at the rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
    Last year the Broncos hit the ground running in week 1 destroying the Steelers. When they made the playoffs and choked at home they hit the turnstyle and exited back the way they came from. All those 13 wins for what, the division Crown and no playoff wins? If you are predicting your future based on your first game of the season then you might as well say the Broncos will probably go 0-1 and choke in the playoffs. Oh but you won't go there will you kish? I know, there's nothing wrong with the Broncos is there? Its all orange skies from here on out.
    Your right No Ring its just week 1.
    If you wanna follow history Denver also won there first game of the year in 97 & 98 and they won the superbowl those yrs and in 06 manning and colts won there first game follwed by the superbowl.
    And you didnt come out and say but what is it u think is wrong witg broncos you obviously think were all delusional.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
      Last year the Broncos hit the ground running in week 1 destroying the Steelers. When they made the playoffs and choked at home ....
      The reasons the Broncos lost last post season was 90% due to the bad officiating. And 5% due to bad defense. Game shouldn't have gone to OT in the first place. Ravens were handed 14 points on a red satin pillow by the officials ignorance.

Faaaaar from choke
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
        The reasons the Broncos lost last post season was 90% due to the bad officiating. And 5% due to bad defense. Game shouldn't have gone to OT in the first place. Ravens were handed 14 points on a red satin pillow by the officials ignorance.

Faaaaar from choke
        The non Tuck Rule Call was the most confusing because it was a text book Tuck Rule call which was on the books at the time.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

Faaaaar from choke
          and 100% excuse making!

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
            It shows the Chargers still can't close out a game, and Rivers still turns into a head case after one turnover.

Sorry, but week one shows me nothing's changed much in SD.

It's easy to dismiss an anomaly the first week, i.e. a 7 TD game from Manning, but when you guys have been dumping the bed for two and going on three years now, the same way, in the same sort of games, I think it's safe to say we can expect it out of you for the foreseeable future.
            who's dismissing it? why do i need to keep repeating that? am i saying the first week didn't count? am i saying the stats from those games don't count?

i don't care what happened in the first week, i don't care what team or what game you are talking about. talking about statistical rankings after one game is flat out retarded and pointless.

that is what i am saying. you want to talk about the chargers pulling the same crap and choking on Monday night? by all means, go right ahead.

the beauty of this is we still have 15 more games to go and i am quite sure the broncos wont be scoring points like that every game.

in fact i am quite sure it wont happen again this season, at least not 7 TD passes, that was for sure a freak once in a decade occurrence, even for manning.

but of course you all want to talk about statistical rankings after that one game, because it makes your team look better than they are.

like i said, its retarded lol

by the way, if you think rivers started playing bad after that int, you were not watching that game. he was making poor throws before that int, he was making poor throws ever since throwing the last TD to royal in he third quarter.

as a matter of fact, that TD was his last completion of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              by the way, if you think rivers started playing bad after that int, you were not watching that game. he was making poor throws before that int, he was making poor throws ever since throwing the last TD to royal in he third quarter.

as a matter of fact, that TD was his last completion of the night.
              He wasn't skipping them off the turf until then however lol.

I think the problems he's having are in his head. He has the ability, he's proven that, but somewhere along the line he lost confidence or something, I don't know. You can preach on about the O-line this and that, but he had decent protection most of the night. I don't think that's the problem. I don't know what it's gunna take to fix him, and to be real honest, I don't care either lol

I take solace in the fact that if he plays like that this year, and potentially next year, you may find yourself looking for a QB around the same time we are. Fortunately for you, you'll probably have a much higher draft pick at that point
              sigpic

Comment

I hate being at the top of the rankings it always seems like a curse more then a gift, rarely do the teams that are supposed to win make it to the big show. SD is living proof of that.

By the way his TD to Eddie in the 3rd wasnt his last completion it was a pass to Mathews after the INT which were both completions but one was to the other team. I have to say I have never seen a team with so much momentum take it away. Though it really seemed to start after the sack after that Rivers just didnt look comfortable.
                Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-14-2013, 12:11 AM.
                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                  I hate being at the top of the rankings it always seems like a curse more then a gift, rarely do the teams that are supposed to win make it to the big show. SD is living proof of that.

By the way his TD to Eddie in the 3rd wasnt his last completion it was a pass to Mathews after the INT which were both completions but one was to the other team. I have to say I have never seen a team with so much momentum take it away. Though it really seemed to start after the sack after that Rivers just didnt look comfortable.
                  you are right, there was the one pass to Mathews. but which sack are you talking about? rivers threw two TD's after both sacks occurred in that game.

i wouldn't say he looked totally comfortable but he really didn't start to look bad until well into the third quarter, close to the 4th.

i don't think those two sacks from the first half had anything to do with it.

Comment

He wasn't skipping them off the turf until then however lol.

I think the problems he's having are in his head. He has the ability, he's proven that, but somewhere along the line he lost confidence or something, I don't know. You can preach on about the O-line this and that, but he had decent protection most of the night. I don't think that's the problem. I don't know what it's gunna take to fix him, and to be real honest, I don't care either lol

I take solace in the fact that if he plays like that this year, and potentially next year, you may find yourself looking for a QB around the same time we are. Fortunately for you, you'll probably have a much higher draft pick at that point
                    i actually said in another post you cannot blame the OL for his play that night, they were solid for the most part. i don't see what could have happened that would make him loose confidence at that point.

in the past you could argue that his confidence in the pass protection was effecting his play, as he would anticipate pressure that wasn't even there sometimes last year and the year before.

but at the point where he just threw another TD to royal, why would he all of a sudden lose confidence? if what you are saying is true?

i honestly don't think that makes much sense. i just think they choked again, no rhyme or reason, rivers and the chargers choked on Monday night again.

the pass rush was a huge problem too, even though i thought our pass rush was more effective than theirs that night, ironically.

but with how young and inexperienced our secondary is as a whole, if we cant consistently get to the QB, QB's are going to be picking us apart like that all season.

Comment

i just think they choked again, no rhyme or reason, rivers and the chargers choked on Monday night again.
                      Right, that's what I'm saying too. What I'm getting at is that I think they see themselves winning, and they psych themselves out and are waiting for something bad to happen and then it does as a result. You could see Rivers start to play weird just like you said, into the third and then the fourth quarter. I'm not necessarily saying he lost confidence in that game, I'm saying it's an ongoing issue.
                      sigpic

Comment

Right, that's what I'm saying too. What I'm getting at is that I think they see themselves winning, and they psych themselves out and are waiting for something bad to happen and then it does as a result. You could see Rivers start to play weird just like you said, into the third and then the fourth quarter. I'm not necessarily saying he lost confidence in that game, I'm saying it's an ongoing issue.
                        i don't know if i agree with that either but i guess its possible. i mean, you would think after the choke last year against the broncos they would not get overconfident.

i also don't see why it would effect his throwing accuracy because it was clear that something was not right. i honestly don't know what it is but i do believe we saw some good things so hopefully we can build from those and stop melting down when we get big leads.

luckily we play the eagles today and will likely be in a hole instead of having a lead so we will see what happens lol

a side note, my huskers choked even worse yesterday blowing an 18 point lead and giving up something like 34 unanswered points at home to UCLA, the football gods hate me!

Comment

i don't know if i agree with that either but i guess its possible. i mean, you would think after the choke last year against the broncos they would not get overconfident.

i also don't see why it would effect his throwing accuracy because it was clear that something was not right. i honestly don't know what it is but i do believe we saw some good things so hopefully we can build from those and stop melting down when we get big leads.

luckily we play the eagles today and will likely be in a hole instead of having a lead so we will see what happens lol

a side note, my huskers choked even worse yesterday blowing an 18 point lead and giving up something like 34 unanswered points at home to UCLA, the football gods hate me!
                          Like I said, not an overconfidence thing, it's a lack of confidence when the game looks in hand and they're winning. Especially in a big game. They are like "Oh man, we're winning! Oh no! Something bad is gunna happen now!" lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Like I said, not an overconfidence thing, it's a lack of confidence when the game looks in hand and they're winning. Especially in a big game. They are like "Oh man, we're winning! Oh no! Something bad is gunna happen now!" lol
                            lol you don't actually believe that, do you? its funny, i will give you that but i think we both know that isn't the issue.

Comment

Hey, I have to start getting creative with how you guys keep sucking it up. You've run out of excuses, and I've lost count of the new and varying ways that you guys have done it the last few years. Gotta mix it up you know?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X