Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

you forgot to mention our rookie allen that is also playing as good as any rookie receiver in the league, but i bet that also has nothing to do with rivers or the new offense at all, huh?

i know its really hard to comprehend (actually it isn't) but this new offense has more to do with our success than anything. it benefits our questionable OL, it benefits rivers and his mobility, it also benefits the type of receivers we have on this team, the healthy ones at least.

rivers is getting the ball out fast and he has only been sacked 11 times all year. even without woodhead that would continue, our backs are not the only ones involved with the quick strike offense.

but if it makes you feel any better about rivers' "resurgence", you can think its all because of the players around him if you like.

after all, its not like you said this would happen now that woodhead is in SD, so you were still wrong

hold out hope, still a lot of football to be played, maybe the clock will strike midnight and rivers will return to a pumpkin? i can't fault you for hoping.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/2...argers-offense

I'v actually heard 3 different commentators inculding Fouts say after a Woodhead play that the offense has been missing these kind of plays since Sproles left....seems you're in denial

Here is a funny article

Turner kept running the same plays in the same formations that defensive coordinators had repeatedly seen for years, Rivers’ production suffered. We learned that he was incapable of carrying a team and it seemed that Turner wasn’t getting the message – partly because of his lack of confidence in the running game behind underachieving Ryan Mathews.

But funny how McCoy and staff can come in with different philosophies and ideas and here we see Rivers flourishing again. He’s putting up the big numbers despite projected starting receivers Danario Alexander (knee) and Malcom Floyd (neck) done for the season.

Tight end Antonio Gates is playing well so far, Eddie Royal is bouncing back from a poor 2012 campaign and free-agent acquisition Danny Woodhead is supplying the backfield receiving threat that has been missing since Darren Sproles was allowed to leave.
    http://mrsportsblog.wordpress.com/20...-stay-up-late/
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-27-2013, 04:27 PM.
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/2...argers-offense

I'v actually heard 3 different commentators inculding Fouts say after a Woodhead play that the offense has been missing these kind of plays since Sproles left....seems you're in denial

Here is a funny article

http://mrsportsblog.wordpress.com/20...-stay-up-late/
      yeah, and? speaking of denial. show me where they said rivers wouldn't have success without him or that the success the chargers and rivers are having is because we have woodhead now.

i'm not in denial about anything, i just never thought that the offense in SD ever lived and died by sproles, that just pure football idiocy that runs rampant around here.

never ONCE did i say we didn't want a guy like that and we actually have had good production from Mathews in the past in that regard.

but i will say right now just like i said back then, if woodhead is a non factor, do you honestly believe that will shut down our whole offense?

do you guys seriously believe that woodhead and sproles are the only reason rivers has had any success?

its funny that you say i am in denial?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        which means he is deflecting as usual.
        deflecting your whinny flame bait? you are correct with that assumption.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X