Cowboys fan here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don't get your point. Manning has more playoff wins than Rivers, right?
    More superbowlss wins and loses more every thing pretty much. pay no attention to sunshine. He will only be here until the weather gets rough
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
      Speaking of questions there remains a big fat ? on Manning's peanut shaped forehead that remains to be answered:

Will Manning Choke again and go 0-1 in the playoffs for the umpteenth time?..and this is after he just won 13 games on the year and took a weeks rest in the PO's and had home field advantage, etc etc.
      Will Rivers not make it to the playoffs for the 4th year in a row?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        Will Rivers not make it to the playoffs for the 4th year in a row?
        Here's the difference.

Rivers is (was) not expected to do squat this year or any year cause he's supposedly washed up and araparod wants him gone. If he makes the playoffs it will be a very pleasant surprise.

Manning, on the other hand, well he is expected to win the Super Bowl. What that means is anything less then he's a complete and utter playoff choke artist, nothing more nothing less. You see donk fan Manning and the Broncos fan base will not have any legitimate excuse for not winning their 3rd ring this year. Period. End of story. After all, isn't the best team with the best QB with weapons on all fronts (which talent supposedly pales in comparison to Elways supporting casts in each of his 5 Super Bowl seasons) supposed to win it all taking no prisoners? I've heard from donkey fans in San Diego that even John Elway can't believe how good this years team is which he's never seen so much raw talent at the disposal of one of the best QBs of all time. It's Super Bowl or Bust. I'm out.
        Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Here's the difference.

Rivers is (was) not expected to do squat this year or any year cause he's supposedly washed up and araparod wants him gone. If he makes the playoffs it will be a very pleasant surprise.

Manning, on the other hand, well he is expected to win the Super Bowl. What that means is anything less then he's a complete and utter playoff choke artist, nothing more nothing less. You see donk fan Manning and the Broncos fan base will not have any legitimate excuse for not winning their 3rd ring this year. Period. End of story. After all, isn't the best team with the best QB with weapons on all fronts (which talent supposedly pales in comparison to Elways supporting casts in each of his 5 Super Bowl seasons) supposed to win it all taking no prisoners? I've heard from donkey fans in San Diego that even John Elway can't believe how good this years team is which he's never seen so much raw talent at the disposal of one of the best QBs of all time. It's Super Bowl or Bust. I'm out.
          No ring weren't you the one questioning if denver was even elite? Now your stating there the best?
          I do agree with you denver has more talent than any team in league and if they don't win it all it will be a huge choke bigger than the upset against Baltimore last yr and the 96 upset to Jacksonville.
          And yes Phillip rivers is playing very well early candidate for comeback player of the year.
          sigpic

Comment

Here's the difference.

Nope, according to Baph that excuse doesn't fly. We went into the playoffs with Tebow and Baph, in his infinite wisdom, says that because we lost to the Pats, it was a choke.

He already killed that argument for you. lol

But no worries. You wont be going to the playoffs, so you don't have to think about ways to circumvent that genius logic.
            sigpic

Comment

No ring weren't you the one questioning if denver was even elite? Now your stating there the best?
              I do agree with you denver has more talent than any team in league and if they don't win it all it will be a huge choke bigger than the upset against Baltimore last yr and the 96 upset to Jacksonville.
              And yes Phillip rivers is playing very well early candidate for comeback player of the year.
              We are the most stacked on the offensive side of the ball in terms of receivers, defensively most people had not heard of the players we have. Though 2 years ago most of the players we had before Manning got here were considered scrubs by a lot of the "experts"

Unless their is a player coming of injury if Rivers keeps this up he can be comeback player of the year. Though the funny thing is he was on the hot seat coming into this season so the question is if he doesnt make the playoffs will he be brought back. After this year he has nearly $30 million left on his contract so its possible he wont be a Charger next year
              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Here's the difference.

Last year the Broncos werent even supposed to be that good, heck most people thought weld have to compete for a wild card so that excuse did not fly last year when we didnt make it past the 2nd round.

Most of the time its the best team that wins the SB not the best QB, in fact the best QB rarely wins. People blow QB play out of proportion, but bad QB can lose a game for a team. Rivers has had 1 less loss then Manning where he had a Passer Rating under 80. Though 1 of Mannings losses came at the beginning of his career which in comparison Rivers was sitting on the bench. Manning also has more wins and more appearances then most QB's will ever have in the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                  Last year the Broncos werent even supposed to be that good, heck most people thought weld have to compete for a wild card so that excuse did not fly last year when we didnt make it past the 2nd round.

Most of the time its the best team that wins the SB not the best QB, in fact the best QB rarely wins. People blow QB play out of proportion, but bad QB can lose a game for a team. Rivers has had 1 less loss then Manning where he had a Passer Rating under 80. Though 1 of Mannings losses came at the beginning of his career which in comparison Rivers was sitting on the bench. Manning also has more wins and more appearances then most QB's will ever have in the post season.
                  Drew Brees, Big Ben, & Rivers didn't even make the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers beat the Vikings with Joe Webber at qb and then got blown out by the 49ers, and Brady beat the Texans without Cushing and then got blown out by Baltimore. All these qb's suck too along with Peyton.
                  Joe Flacco and Colin Kapernick are the best two Qbs right Nerd Ring?
                  sigpic

Comment

Drew Brees, Big Ben, & Rivers didn't even make the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers beat the Vikings with Joe Webber at qb and then got blown out by the 49ers, and Brady beat the Texans without Cushing and then got blown out by Baltimore. All these qb's suck too along with Peyton.
                    Joe Flacco and Colin Kapernick are the best two Qbs right Nerd Ring?
                    Big Ben was horrible when his team won his first SB. Heck the best example is Trent Dilfer who wasnt even supposed to start that season and has even referred to himself as pedestrian QB, in the playoffs its all about controlling the clock and/or possession. This means having a D that keeps the other team off the field through 3 and outs or turnovers and not turning over the ball on offense and being able to convert for the 1st down.

The main reason the Ravens won was because they were good at not turning over the ball and forced a lot of turnovers. Yes the Manning fumble was not actually a fumble, but it was what gave them the momentum to continue on to OT and win.
                    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-04-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                      Big Ben was horrible when his team won his first SB. Heck the best example is Trent Dilfer who wasnt even supposed to start that season and has even referred to himself as pedestrian QB, in the playoffs its all about controlling the clock and/or possession. This means having a D that keeps the other team off the field through 3 and outs or turnovers and not turning over the ball on offense and being able to convert for the 1st down.

The main reason the Ravens won was because they were good at not turning over the ball and forced a lot of turnovers. Yes the Manning fumble was not actually a fumble, but it was what gave them the momentum to continue on to OT and win.
                      how bout brad johnson or jeff hostetler
                      sigpic

Comment

We need to excuse the deadbolt fans. They really don't know about QBs. They give away Superbowl winning QBs like Eli and Brees, then keep Rivers. It must really hurt for them to watch the success of the QBs they've given away and watch Rivers do nothing in their place. We need to be more sensitive to the Deadbolt fans...Hey Deadbolts, need a hankey?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamCowboys View Post
                          I just created an account so I can talk about the Broncos @ Cowboys game with opposing fans.

Manning is having a phenomenal year, and I envy you guys for having him!

Tony Romo is having a phenomenal year as well. Some are saying he could be an MVP candidate, but I honestly think Manning will take that.

Who are some Game-Changing Broncos that don't make the highlight reel?

Also, my biggest question: what's the state of your OL? I know Clady is done for the year, anything else noticeable?

Here's some things you may not know about the Cowboys:

We are 2nd in the NFL in sacks.

We are 2nd in the NFL in rushing YPG allowed.

We have the highest rated Safety and RT in the NFL. Our Safety, Barry Church, is an absolute stud. Watch out for him! He's a ball-hawk and knows how to lay the wood on people.

We may not root for the same team, but at least we can all hold hands and say "Screw the Chargers!"

And last but not least: Go Cowboys!
                          you'll be lucky to win the coin toss

Comment

how bout brad johnson or jeff hostetler
                            Hoss actually had some amazing moments, Johnson not so much its funny that both he and Dilfer were backups that dethroned their inferior starters and won the SB shortly after.

People insult game managers but they actually are the ones that win. Though right now thats how Manning is winning, he rarely goes deep to strike quickly and generally takes quick short passes and runs to keep a steady pace down field. He only goes deep when thats what the D gives him. His weapons though are getting a lot of extra yards so it seems like he is moving the ball quickly up field on purpose.

Still as long as our D doesnt do its job it will be another disappointment for Manning.

Comment

Yeah, Yeah. I'm a rookie here. Been watching these posts long enough to know how it works. And from what it seems, been watching NFL football long enough to know enough to hold my own. Plus, you know, Google. I was stationed in SD with the Navy for 16 years. I married a die hard Chargers fan, which, needless to say, makes for some very interesting Sundays come Charger week. A few things I learned while I was out there. 1. There are a lot of fair weather fans in SD. 2. When Oakland comes to SD it is like Halloween with all the ridiculous Raiders costumes. 3. Chargers fans hate Eli Manning. They didn't give him away, he refused to play in SD. 4. Ryan Leaf who??? 5. SD did go to 1 SB and got hammered by the 9ers. And 6. When I went to the Broncos games at Qualcomm I took the trolley wearing my Lynch Jersey and waiting for the hazing. But when I got on I found nothing but Orange and Blue. At the stadium the orange and blue to blue and gold ratio was about even.

Now that that's out of the way...If there was ever a set up for a an upset of the 72' Dolphins it's here. Ease of schedule and a well rounded Broncos team. Nobody can deal with the amount of weapons Manning has. And then there's Manning himself. Arguably the best QB to play the game. It's not about arm strength with him. He is a cerebral QB. 16 TD's to 0 interceptions? You don't get there with arm strength. With all that said. Any given Sunday. Now if you'd like to read something funny head over to the Cowboys forum and read the Cowboy fans comments under "The official Broncos Cowboys" page (or something like that).

Comment

You know, I've given the Raiders fans grief over the years, but the Dallas Cowboys fans might have hit a new low in San Diego last week. The Cowboys fans engaged in a bottle fight in the parking lot of Qualcomm Stadium. Really classy by fans of America's Team. I understand the Chargers fans also engaged in the activity. But I've never gotten the zeal and pride fans get in "taking over" an opposing team's stadium. As my man Steve Fryer wrote here, it is a problem that's huge on the West Coast. If you ever wonder why stadium attendance can be an issue, especially out here, there you go. Nobody wants to spend a lot of money to sit around hooligan fans. I just wonder when they are going to start separating fans like a college football game. It might not be the worst idea.
                                http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...antasy-regrets
                                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                                X