Denver's defense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver's defense!

Call me a homer! Call me an excuse maker! But I'm not worried about the bronco Defense!

1.First of all tell me a defense that wouldn't struggle with the following losses
    top two corner backs Harris and Bailey, all 3 starting linebacker's Von, Stewart Bradley, and Woodyard. And the teams second best pass rusher ( yes Baphs that bust Robert Ayers).
    Denver's defense during the second half of the Cowboy game
    *FS - R Moore
    *SS - D Ihenacho
    CB - T Carter (teams number 4 corner)
    *CB - DRC
    MLB - S Johnson
    OLB - D Trevethan
    OLB - N Irving
    RE - S Phillips
    *T - T knighton
    *T - K Vickerson
    *LE - D Wolfe
    *Starters
    The Broncos get healthy they'll be fine.

2. Second Denvers defense shut down Dallas's run game, and got a sack and a FORCED an interception to win the game.
    Also I saw a lot of Cowboys running free. (blown coverages by 3rd string defensive backs and linebackers! Romo made some great plays escaping sacks (4 sacks :thumb and making big passes.

In conclusion hate all you want. Denvers defense made some mistakes but they'll be fine. I would bet they win some games for the Broncos this year. They have a great chance to get healthy against Jacksonville!
    Last edited by 58Miller; 10-07-2013, 01:49 PM.
    sigpic

I look at it this way, we will see what our true defense is capable of after the bye week and if all of the players injured come back as well. We do not have any real sample games with all of our defensive key players on the field. If we still have issues with pass rush after, then its something we should worry about. Til then...
    My mom disowned me for being a Broncos fan, while she is a Packers fan.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Call me a homer! Call me an excuse maker! But I'm not worried about the bronco Defense!

1.First of all tell me a defense that wouldn't struggle with the following losses
      top two corner backs Harris and Bailey, all 3 starting linebacker's Von, Stewart Bradley, and Woodyard. And the teams second best pass rusher ( yes Baphs that bust Robert Ayers).
      Denver's defense during the second half of the Cowboy game
      *FS - R Moore
      *SS - D Ihenacho
      CB - T Carter (teams number 4 corner)
      *CB - DRC
      MLB - S Johnson
      OLB - D Trevethan
      OLB - N Irving
      RE - S Phillips
      *T - T knighton
      *T - K Vickerson
      *LE - D Wolfe
      *Starters
      The Broncos get healthy they'll be fine.

2. Second Denvers defense shut down Dallas's run game, and got a sack and a FORCED an interception to win the game.
      Also I saw a lot of Cowboys running free. (blown coverages by 3rd string defensive backs and linebackers! Romo made some great plays escaping sacks (4 sacks :thumb and making big passes.

In conclusion hate all you want. Denvers defense made some mistakes but they'll be fine. I would bet they win some games for the Broncos this year. They have a great chance to get healthy against Jacksonville!
      I agree. While I hate that we allowed 48 points we still won the game and the defense had a huge part in that. Come week 6 at Indy our defense will be at full strength and we will not allow even close to the amount of points or yardage we allowed yesterday, and if by some miracle we do we still have an offense that can put up more points than any other team in the NFL.
      WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

I'm not seeing the smack in this thread? I mean.. are you standing up for our defense right now?!?! I'll give it to you, you're doing a MUCH better job defending our defense then our defense can defend... well.. anything, right now. Sure, Romo is not the worst QB in the game, but I've watched my strainer hold back more in the kitchen then we did last night. I was disgusted!!!! Was it prom night, 'cause we were giving it up!
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          I'm not seeing the smack in this thread? I mean.. are you standing up for our defense right now?!?! I'll give it to you, you're doing a MUCH better job defending our defense then our defense can defend... well.. anything, right now. Sure, Romo is not the worst QB in the game, but I've watched my strainer hold back more in the kitchen then we did last night. I was disgusted!!!! Was it prom night, 'cause we were giving it up!
          Im not worried bro!
          97 Bronco defense gave up
          35 to Kordel Stewart and the Steelers
          followed by 34 to the 49ers.
          Denvers d went on to allow an a average of 16 a game in the playoffs!
          Denvers d gave up 31 to Miami and went on to beat them in the playoffs 38-3!
          Our defense will get stronger as the season goes on.
          Offenses are spreading them out and throwing everydown which is tough when your playing with 3rd string db's andLB's
          Last edited by 58Miller; 10-08-2013, 10:45 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

In 2006 the Colts allowed the 2nd most points in the AFC but still won the AFC. They got Bob Sanders back and it was a fire starter if we get and stay healthy I think we will be even more dangerous. Our biggest weakness is our pass rush but with a healthy Ayers and a hopefully NFL ready Miller that wont be a problem anymore
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              Call me a homer! Call me an excuse maker!
              Ok.

You big fat homer pathetic excuse maker!

Feel better now?

Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

The Broncos defense ranks 29th defending against the pass. That means there are only 3-worse teams.

How can you not be concerned by this?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                  The Broncos defense ranks 29th defending against the pass. That means there are only 3-worse teams.

When teams are behind by a lot they pass a lot.They have tried the old..run the ball and keep Manning off the field...and they cant

The broncos also lead the league in INTs
                  Last edited by Beagle; 10-08-2013, 08:43 PM.
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    When teams are behind by a lot they pass a lot.They have tried the old..run the ball and keep Manning off the field...and they cant

That does not change the fact that they are still 29th. I understand your rationalization (and did prior to you posting it). It is not like they are 15th or even 20th. They are FOURTH FROM THE BOTTOM. You may not be concerned, but I am.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

tony romo almost broke the single game passing yards record against your defense

what happened that game? because that sure as hell wasn't the broncos having a big lead, the cowboys threw all over the place because they could (and they had to if they wanted to keep up with the broncos offense)

as bad as the chargers pass defense is, i think the broncos may be just as bad, at least currently.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                        Ok.

You big fat homer pathetic excuse maker!

Feel better now?

I feel great Denvers 5-0!
                        Thanks for asking!
                        Last edited by 58Miller; 10-08-2013, 10:01 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm mainly concerned with wins and losses. And with the guys the Broncos have coming back I believe will be ok!

You worried about Jacksonville's passing offense?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            tony romo almost broke the single ggame passing yards record against your defense

what happened that game? because that sure as hell wasn't the broncos having a big lead, the cowboys threw all over the place because they could (and they had to if they wanted to keep up with the broncos offense)

as bad as the chargers pass defense is, i think the broncos may be just as bad, at least currently.
                            Cute Baphs! Didnt Terrell Pryor just beat you?
                            sigpic

Comment

That does not change the fact that they are still 29th. I understand your rationalization (and did prior to you posting it). It is not like they are 15th or even 20th. They are FOURTH FROM THE BOTTOM. You may not be concerned, but I am.
                              Because teams cant run and they have to keep up with Manning all they do is pass. Before we played Romo our D was allowing the lowest passer rating in the game against us. In this game we went without our MLB our best pass rusher and our 2nd best corner this caused a lot of problems in our D because we could not make the necessary adjustments without our MLB and we could not get a decent pass rush without our DE. Plus after next week we will get our 2 best players back and none of the players out are said to have major injuries.

We allow the 13th best passer rating right now after Romo had an amazing game, (compared to SD who allows the best against them)

Despite that we still allow only the 12th best 1st% (SD is tied for allowing the best and Oakland allows the 5th best)

Our D had 1 bad game with 1/2 our starters missing and are still 5-0 a win is a win is a win and worse D's then ours have won the SB so I am not panicking yet.
                              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                              X