Bronco Play Call Questionable for the Jags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Play Call Questionable for the Jags

With all due respect to the Jags defense which looked fairly good today, but to me it seemed the Broncos offensive play choice appeared to be somewhat different and a little odd compared to what we've be seeing the previous 5 weeks. I'm not sure what was different but the play call seemed out sorts. Maybe I'm spoiled and expecting superb everything when our offense in on the field. Anyone else think it was different?
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 10-13-2013, 04:50 PM.
    Utah Bronco Freak

They got up for us and we played down also. It happens.They are a pro team also. On any given Sunday
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

i didn't watch the game but i was following the score and was surprised the jags kept it so close, some of the donko players were probably thinking they could half ass it and get a free win.

congrats on the win never the less.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think I've seen Manning that upset in a post game in a long time. The defense held the Jags to 12 points, which isn't terrible. The issue was that the offense was playing exceptionally sloppy today. It was high-powered enough to overcome its mistakes, but that wont work against good teams. I'm glad they're upset about today, but I want to see that translate into a solid win against the Colts.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...1-16447b96f73d
        Brock you like a hurricane!
        sigpic
        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
          I don't think I've seen Manning that upset in a post game in a long time. The defense held the Jags to 12 points, which isn't terrible. The issue was that the offense was playing exceptionally sloppy today. It was high-powered enough to overcome its mistakes, but that wont work against good teams. I'm glad they're upset about today, but I want to see that translate into a solid win against the Colts.
          Agreed ..The Pick 6 wasn't on them
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...1-16447b96f73d
            The defense was ranked last against the pass coming into today's game. It seemed like nearly everytime Blackmon caught a pass you would see the back of Rahim Moore's jersey or Rahim Moore missing a tackle. The defense was terrible and showed why against the worst ranked offense in the NFL. I do not think it is the players or the coaching, but they need to make some quick changes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
              The defense was ranked last against the pass coming into today's game. It seemed like nearly everytime Blackmon caught a pass you would see the back of Rahim Moore's jersey or Rahim Moore missing a tackle. The defense was terrible and showed why against the worst ranked offense in the NFL. I do not think it is the players or the coaching, but they need to make some quick changes.
              Moore's dropped interception made me ready to throw a brick. With that said, Jaguars are still an NFL team. NFL teams are capable of scoring points on any Sunday. I don't buy the idea that they should be able to beat any team on any Sunday, but there you go.

No, today was sloppy for the offense in particular. I think they'll sort that one out. Our defense does need to play great next week though, because we will be playing the Colts.
              sigpic

Comment

Moore's dropped interception made me ready to throw a brick. With that said, Jaguars are still an NFL team. NFL teams are capable of scoring points on any Sunday. I don't buy the idea that they should be able to beat any team on any Sunday, but there you go.

No, today was sloppy for the offense in particular. I think they'll sort that one out. Our defense does need to play great next week though, because we will be playing the Colts.
                I hope so. It seems receivers are just too wide open against the Broncos secondary which is perplexing when you consider the Broncos have probably the best 3 CB's in the game-- certainly the best 3 on any one team-- yet they rank dead last in pass defense. It makes no sense whatsoever. And I think JDR is a good DC. So what the heck is going on? It is horrible to watch. I throw a brick at my TV every time an opposing receiver catches a ball and there is not a Broncos defender within 15-yards.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it was kind of a weird game. The offense was sloppy and the defense while good at times holding them to 13 pts, was inconsistent and couldn't cover over the middle. But that has been the D's weakness all season. I did wonder about some of our play calling. I haven't seen the numbers yet, but our wideouts were not getting open so Manning was throwing a lot to Moreno (who dropped at least 3 passes). But we got the win, and at least we had an off game against a team like Jax. Hopefully it focuses them for next week.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                    Yeah, it was kind of a weird game. The offense was sloppy and the defense while good at times holding them to 13 pts, was inconsistent and couldn't cover over the middle. But that has been the D's weakness all season. I did wonder about some of our play calling. I haven't seen the numbers yet, but our wideouts were not getting open so Manning was throwing a lot to Moreno (who dropped at least 3 passes). But we got the win, and at least we had an off game against a team like Jax. Hopefully it focuses them for next week.
                    12 points

10 char
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      12 points

10 char
                      I thought the 2 point conversion came off the pick 6 so the d gave up 2 fg and the rushing touchdown and they kicked a extra point.

So if my math is right that is 13 which is still fine when the offense is capable of putting up 35 points.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        12 points

10 char

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                        I thought the 2 point conversion came off the pick 6 so the d gave up 2 fg and the rushing touchdown and they kicked a extra point.

So if my math is right that is 13 which is still fine when the offense is capable of putting up 35 points.
                        Yes. After the pick 6 they tried the 2 pt conv and missed. After their offensive TD they kicked the extra pt. So our D gave up 13. Still, pretty good. Better than 48, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                          I hope so. It seems receivers are just too wide open against the Broncos secondary which is perplexing when you consider the Broncos have probably the best 3 CB's in the game-- certainly the best 3 on any one team-- yet they rank dead last in pass defense. It makes no sense whatsoever. And I think JDR is a good DC. So what the heck is going on? It is horrible to watch. I throw a brick at my TV every time an opposing receiver catches a ball and there is not a Broncos defender within 15-yards.
                          Our safeties are one issue. The other is our lack of pass rush, which will hopefully change with Miller. No, Jags had all day to throw, and I didn't like that. Give them time and they'll find a receiver open. Hope Miller is the game changer we hoped he'd be.
                          sigpic

Comment

On D we played zone and on O we used our RB's more and even had some trick plays I think they did take the opportunity to extend the playbook we even saw some more then usual 2 TE sets, I am not sure if this was because of who they were playing or if this was because they felt this gave them a better shot to win but either way we won despite quite a few turnovers

3/5 of our plays were through the RB's which is the most weve had so I do think we were trying something a lot different.
                            Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-14-2013, 01:26 AM.
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

Yes. You are right. I stand corrected.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X