No announcement yet.

a bit overrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statistically, "clutch" doesn't exist in sports. The team with the "clutch" golden boy QB hasn't won a Super Bowl in almost a decade.
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

• Originally posted by BayAreaFBFan View Post
      Have fun watching us get number six in February. Hopefully when you play a top tier defense like KC your rental QB doesn't get his delicate neck snapped.
      SF wont be there unless you win the division.

SF is not beating Seattle in Seattle, thats just a house of horrors for the Niners, plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        SF wont be there unless you win the division.

SF is not beating Seattle in Seattle, thats just a house of horrors for the Niners, plain and simple.
        We are talking about a team that got humiliated by Indy (AT HOME) and in Seattle early on. If they have to play the Packers, the Seahawks, the Saints or even the Panthers on the Road they will lose. The only way they are getting to the SB is with home field advantage.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
          We are talking about a team that got humiliated by Indy (AT HOME) and in Seattle early on. If they have to play the Packers, the Seahawks, the Saints or even the Panthers on the Road they will lose. The only way they are getting to the SB is with home field advantage.
          The Niners were obviously in a rut early on, with several injuries at WR. They have found their mojo and are back to form. They can beat the Panthers on the road, lets not exaggerate. Packers they seem to have an edge on, they could probably win there as well. Maybe not the Saints, but I do think they have a shot to win there, we'll see later this year.

I agree they are unlikely to win in Seattle, but nobody wins up there. If Seattle gets home field advantage they likely are the NFC SB Rep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
            Statistically, "clutch" doesn't exist in sports. The team with the "clutch" golden boy QB hasn't won a Super Bowl in almost a decade.
            I wouldn't say it doesn't exist at all, but I agree it's made too much of. There are certain teams that usually fall apart in crunch time, and QBs that have a knack for GW drives when down by 1 score at the end, and QBs with a tendency to make errors in the 4th, but that's it.

History has shown that looking at the team or QB with the better PO history is not a good system for predicting playoff games. Basically, there aren't teams that win almost every game as long as it's a key/postseason game. Match ups are still what matters in the playoffs.

2005-NE vs DEN-Brady and BB were perfect in the POs, Denver and Plummer were not some embodiment of clutch, but NE didn't match up well DEN, they lost

2007-PIT and JAX-People talked about Ben's history, how JAX hadn't won a PO game since 99, irrelevant. PIT didn't match up well with Jacksonville, they lost.........same with IND/SD that year...we heard nonsense about Peyton having a ring and not LT, but the Chargers owned the Colts, they won despite refs attempts to give IND the game. You also had NE, believed to be the embodiment of clutch lose the most important game after going 18-0.

In 2011, you had PIT with all their playoff experience losing to the 8-8 Broncos, who could never win a game needed to make the postseason, and only got in because OAK lost.

Just a few examples, along with 'clutch' teams losing games essential to making the postseason late in the year to teams with less of a resume. Clutch isn't completely non existent, but it is overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangebarrel View Post
              Dallas would be over .500 if they didn't lose to us. Funny your down-playing our wins because of the teams we've faced even though we've destroyed all of them. You just saw our defense give up just 14 points to the 7th ranked team (49ers are 14th ranked team) offensively. We scored 31 points in ONE QUARTER. Down playing what the broncos have done just makes you look stupid. So by all means keep posting
              The Broncos have had an impressive offense, but bragging about accomplishments against the Redskins isn't disproving any point about only dominating bad teams. The Skins suck, destroying bad teams isn't a sign you can beat good ones. The Skins have played from behind, which has inflated their offensive stats. The Eagles were able to shut their offense out until late in the 3rd, but in that game their offensive stats were good because of yards wracked up while in a hole.

The Broncos have yet to beat a team better than Dallas. You can only play the teams on your schedule so it doesn't mean they can't beat top teams, but we'll need to see them tested more. Time will tell how good they really are.

Comment

• Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                The Niners were obviously in a rut early on, with several injuries at WR. They have found their mojo and are back to form. They can beat the Panthers on the road, lets not exaggerate. Packers they seem to have an edge on, they could probably win there as well. Maybe not the Saints, but I do think they have a shot to win there, we'll see later this year.

I agree they are unlikely to win in Seattle, but nobody wins up there. If Seattle gets home field advantage they likely are the NFC SB Rep.
                Ill admit SF is the best traveling team in the NFC right now, but lets be honest beating Jacksonville and St Louis isnt a huge feet Tennessee is not a bad team but lets be honest SF and Denver have faced opponents on the road and at home with the exact same overall record, its not like SF really has had it harder then Denver
                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                  Ill admit SF is the best traveling team in the NFC right now, but lets be honest beating Jacksonville and St Louis isnt a huge feet Tennessee is not a bad team but lets be honest SF and Denver have faced opponents on the road and at home with the exact same overall record, its not like SF really has had it harder then Denver
                  I never said SF had it harder than Denver, although their most impressive win is Green Bay, which was a tougher opponent than any one Denver has beat. SF seems to have GB's number(BIG reversal from how it used to be) so I'll want to see the Seahawks and Saints games before I can know if they are a real contender.

My main point was, the only team I think they don't have a decent shot of beating on the road is Seattle, but nobody wants to play up there so it's not like that just applies to them.

Comment

Working...
                  X