Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best record without a home game or a bye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best record without a home game or a bye?

I know this is getting ahead of things but it sure would be crazy if the AFC standings finished something like:

1. Kansas City 14-2 (wins tiebreaker)
    2. Denver 14-2
    3. Indianapolis 12-4
    4. New England 12-4
    5. Cincinatti 10-6
    6. Baltimore 9-7

If that happened then the Broncos would head to Cincy in week one of the playoffs.

Would be ridiculous and is not completely out of the realm of possibility at this point.
    Last edited by 18to88; 10-14-2013, 02:33 AM.

KC's schedule is now gonna get harder. @Buffalo, @Denver, @San Diego, @Washington. At home they get Denver, San Diego and Indy. Until I see them beat a good QB that has consistancy, I'm not sold.

Comment

Originally posted by 18to88 View Post
      I know this is getting ahead of things but it sure would be crazy if the AFC standings finished something like:

2. Denver 14-2
      3. Indianapolis 12-4
      4. New England 12-4
      5. Cincinatti 10-6
      6. Baltimore 9-7

If that happened then the Broncos would head to Cincy in week one of the playoffs.

Would be ridiculous and is not completely out of the realm of possibility at this point.
      That would be crazy!
      Im gonna focus on Indy, and I think Denvers offense is better than KC's offense.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        That would be crazy!
        Im gonna focus on Indy, and I think Denvers offense is better than KC's offense.
        That sentiment is obvious, however a popularly forgotten side of the ball is defense.

KC versus DEN will be the top defense versus the top offense it would appear. KC is giving up only 10.5 points per game, and they've faced 2 very good offenses in Dallas and Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
          KC's schedule is now gonna get harder. @Buffalo, @Denver, @San Diego, @Washington. At home they get Denver, San Diego and Indy. Until I see them beat a good QB that has consistancy, I'm not sold.
          Washington isn't tough by NFL standards. Buffalo is tough only for them, because it seems they struggle with Buffalo a lot. Who would you consider a good QB with consistency? The top 5 in the league are probably the Mannings,Brees,Brady and Rodgers. They've already beaten Eli, who hasn't played like a top 5 QB this year, and the only one they face is Peyton of the remaining. They have however, beaten DAL and PHI who I believe are 2 of the top 3 offenses currently.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
            That sentiment is obvious, however a popularly forgotten side of the ball is defense.

KC versus DEN will be the top defense versus the top offense it would appear. KC is giving up only 10.5 points per game, and they've faced 2 very good offenses in Dallas and Philly.
            And Denver averages 40! What will give first? Peyton can score 21pts in a qtr. KC has not faced a team with that kind of fire power.
            Oakland shut your offense down all day Sunday. Denver can score more than 24.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
              Washington isn't tough by NFL standards. Buffalo is tough only for them, because it seems they struggle with Buffalo a lot. Who would you consider a good QB with consistency? The top 5 in the league are probably the Mannings,Brees,Brady and Rodgers. They've already beaten Eli, who hasn't played like a top 5 QB this year, and the only one they face is Peyton of the remaining. They have however, beaten DAL and PHI who I believe are 2 of the top 3 offenses currently.
              Eli a top 5? I said consistency. He's been exposed without his run attack and top 10 defense. I believe he's decent but not top 5.

Also any road game is tough in the NFL. Just cause it's the skins I wouldn't believe they are a pushover.

As far as top offenses goes I really don't care if the Cowgirls and Eagles are listed as #2 and #4 in terms of scoring. Stats are very deceiving. The Colts, Seahawks, 49ers and Saints are better period.

Comment

Originally posted by martz11 View Post
                Eli a top 5? I said consistency. He's been exposed without his run attack and top 10 defense. I believe he's decent but not top 5.

Also any road game is tough in the NFL. Just cause it's the skins I wouldn't believe they are a pushover.

As far as top offenses goes I really don't care if the Cowgirls and Eagles are listed as #2 and #4 in terms of scoring. Stats are very deceiving. The Colts, Seahawks, 49ers and Saints are better period.
                i don't know how many times i have said similar things to this here over the years.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 18to88 View Post

2. Denver 14-2
                  3. Indianapolis 12-4
                  4. New England 12-4
                  5. Cincinatti 10-6
                  6. Baltimore 9-7

KC and Denver are not both going 14-2, they have to play each other twice. i don't see KC as that unstoppable, i see them losing more than two games when its all said and done.

can definitely see Denver with only two losses though. i can see them going undefeated in the regular season if their defense improves and they keep scoring like they are.

still a lot of football to be played but i don't think the end result will look anything like the standings you have here.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    KC and Denver are not both going 14-2, they have to play each other twice. i don't see KC as that unstoppable, i see them losing more than two games when its all said and done.

can definitely see Denver with only two losses though. i can see them going undefeated in the regular season if their defense improves and they keep scoring like they are.

still a lot of football to be played but i don't think the end result will look anything like the standings you have here.
                    Good post Baphs! I think your San Diego Chargers will beat them in San Diego with same gameplan you had against the Colts!
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't see NE losing 3 more games even with their injuries. You look at their schedule? They just played the tough part (Atlanta, Cincinnati and us) with a struggling offense still went 3-1. Miami might beat them once, maybe Carolina because it's a road game but that's it. You guys sure aren't beating them in New England. Ever since Shanatan left they've owned you guys and they've owned Fox/Del RIo their whole careers.

I expect Denver to split the KC/SD series and lose to the Pats in Foxboro and go 13-3. Luckily for you guys - no pun intended - you'll have no problem against Indy this weekend. Irsay's comments ensured that. Blowout city and if the Colts can only put up 9 points a game, that isn't going to beat your team especially in a dome game where Peyton thrives. KC has a defense to shut you down. SD has a good enough defense and an offense to expose your defense, and if NE shut down all of our weapons and held the best tight end in the league to 0 catches, imagine what they can do to your offense. Brady lost his receivers but they still put up enough points to score and will be even better in week 12 in their home stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by peytonsforehead View Post
                        I don't see NE losing 3 more games even with their injuries. You look at their schedule? They just played the tough part (Atlanta, Cincinnati and us) with a struggling offense still went 3-1. Miami might beat them once, maybe Carolina because it's a road game but that's it. You guys sure aren't beating them in New England. Ever since Shanatan left they've owned you guys and they've owned Fox/Del RIo their whole careers.

I expect Denver to split the KC/SD series and lose to the Pats in Foxboro and go 13-3. Luckily for you guys - no pun intended - you'll have no problem against Indy this weekend. Irsay's comments ensured that. Blowout city and if the Colts can only put up 9 points a game, that isn't going to beat your team especially in a dome game where Peyton thrives. KC has a defense to shut you down. SD has a good enough defense and an offense to expose your defense, and if NE shut down all of our weapons and held the best tight end in the league to 0 catches, imagine what they can do to your offense. Brady lost his receivers but they still put up enough points to score and will be even better in week 12 in their home stadium.
                        The hate is strong in this one. Carolina will beat NE, but we have zero chance? You have this sick twisted view on things, I really hope you stick around, can't wait to hear your wacky excuses when we beat NE. Let me guess "Uh don't worry he won't win in the playoffs."

Do you realize that Kyle Orton beat NE? Which is post Shanahan, I felt I had to mention that because you clearly don't watch football.

Btw, the Aints have a tougher schedule than us, might want to stay in your lane before you make outrageous predictions on Denver's cake schedule. It's time to start predicting splits with the Falcons and Panthers. I'm not sure you can handle the Cowgirls, 49ers, or Seahawks, we'll see. I'd be trolling if I said you'd lose to the Jets, but anything is possible considering you play in their turf. There's strong potential that you have to face the Seahawks in their turf come postseason, how comfortable are you with that scenario?

The Seahawks have a defense to shut you down.

Comment

Bahaha
                          Sure guy...the Chiefs have only a slim shot against this offense. Their defense is outmatched by our offense and our defense is better than their offense. Its only debateble because of the records. The Broncos are superior to the Chiefs....and the Chargers? Really? They literally have zero shot against us.

The Patriots have the best shot of anyone because they have not only a great QB and good skill players (if healthy) to match our offensive output they also have a capable defense.
                          But the AFCW is ours to dominate....

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFaithful View Post
                            Do you realize that Kyle Orton beat NE? Which is post Shanahan, I felt I had to mention that because you clearly don't watch football.
                            Wasn't Josh McDaniels the coach then so he knew the Pats.

I admitted I'm worried about the Seahawks and San Francisco. It's going to probably be one of us 3 that represent the NFC in the SB.

I'm giving your fanbase crap because y'all automatically assume you're going 19-0, and even after you lose one in the regular season, y'all still be talking about "It's the Super Bowl that matters."

I loved reading this forum after the Ravens playoff game last year. That's why I signed up on here and that's why I'll stick around, to see the reactions this year after Mr. Forehead invents another way to choke away a game.

Comment

Wasn't Josh McDaniels the coach then so he knew the Pats.

I admitted I'm worried about the Seahawks and San Francisco. It's going to probably be one of us 3 that represent the NFC in the SB.

I'm giving your fanbase crap because y'all automatically assume you're going 19-0, and even after you lose one in the regular season, y'all still be talking about "It's the Super Bowl that matters."

I loved reading this forum after the Ravens playoff game last year. That's why I signed up on here and that's why I'll stick around, to see the reactions this year after Mr. Forehead invents another way to choke away a game.
                              I dont believe will go undefeated.
                              Indy will be tough and I think if Denver wins there may be a hangover against Washington.
                              Road games against KC, New England, and San Diego will all be possible losses.
                              Of course I hope we win it all but the Dallas and Jacksonville games definately showed chinks in the Armor. Hopefully Denver can and will learn from these games.
                              Will learn a lot against Indy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X