Philip Rivers is having a pro bowl season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Rivers is having a pro bowl season

if the voting was to take place right now and i had a vote, these would be my probowl QB's

AFC

1. P. Manning

2. Rivers

3. Brady

alternate: andy dalton

NFC

1. Brees

2. Romo

3. Rodgers

alternate: matthew stafford, Jay Cutler

before you donkey fans say it, i know last nights game wasn't just because of rivers, that game isn't why i made this thread.

but i am interested in what all of you think since so many of you said rivers is washed up and done. dare i say come back player of the year candidate? i think so!
    sigpic

In before Rivers 4 pick day...
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

The argument will be made that Brady has done more with less, and at the end of the day is 5-1 and his name is Brady. Fair or nor Brady will get #2. I think Rivers will get the shaft, because Luck is the hot up and coming name. Yes Rivers won the head to head, but it doesnt matter. Now if Rivers can go 3-1 heck even 2-2 against KC and Den he will be #2 IMO.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        if the voting was to take place right now and i had a vote, these would be my probowl QB's

AFC

1. P. Manning

2. Rivers

3. Brady

NFC

1. Brees

2. Romo

3. Rodgers

before you donkey fans say it, i know last nights game wasn't just because of rivers, that game isn't why i made this thread.

but i am interested in what all of you think since so many of you said rivers is washed up and done. dare i say come back player of the year candidate? i think so!
        If voting were done right now, then yes.... Rivers has likely earned a pro bowl spot.
        I didnt think they would survive last nights game, but they dominated the TOP and played a balanced game. The Colts had some crucial 3rd down penalties and a couple of horrendous drops and Rivers made them pay.
        In something like 9 or 10 possesions they (Colts) only had 2 drives that went for over 2:30, while the Chargers had something like 6 drives of their 9 that did....including 4 I think that went 6+minutes.

As for comeback player....maybe.....but thats mainly because the expectations had dropped so drastically that he surprising everyone....including you. The season is young and there are plenty of chances to "pull a Rivers" but as of right now, hes played really well.

Comment

AFC

1. P. Manning

2. Rivers

3. Brady

NFC

1. Brees

2. Romo

3. Rodgers

No doubt hes second only to Manning in the AFC.
          Congrats Baphs Rivers played well last night!
          Me and my wife were mad after the game cause we heard Phillip getting interviewed and talking about his wife about to give birth to there 7th child. We were mad cause hes a likeable guy and he does a lot for charity!
          Good Qb and turns out pretty good guy!
          Ok I gotta stop being nice!
          Go Broncos
          Last edited by 58Miller; 10-15-2013, 09:00 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

AFC

1. P. Manning

2. Rivers

3. Brady

NFC

1. Brees

2. Romo

3. Rodgers

I would agree on the probowl as of right now. Comeback player of the year...probably not only because I think that is reserved for players coming off injury. I will say that Luck will more than likely be in the probowl discussion when this season is all said and done.
            sigpic

Comment

AFC

1. P. Manning

2. Rivers

3. Brady

NFC

1. Brees

2. Romo

3. Rodgers

Ok were are all the KC fans voting for Alex "checkdown" Smith! San Diego impressed me more than they did against Oakland.
              128 yds passing so scary!
              This AFC West is legit! Even Oakland is better than last yr!
              sigpic

Comment

Rivers still has the 3rd highest percentage of turnovers/pressure he isnt far off from being Eli though to be honest he has gotten the ball out a lot faster thanks to our ex coordinator.

If it were a fan vote only Alex Smith would be ahead of Rivers but I do have to agree Rivers would likely be in

Though Rodgers would be in I have to say I am more impressed with Stafford especially without Megatron he has been more impressive
                Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-15-2013, 02:25 PM.
                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Pro Bowl doesn't work that way anymore. There is no AFC and there is no NFC. It's team Rice vs team Deion.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                    Rivers still has the 3rd highest percentage of turnovers/pressure he isnt far off from being Eli though to be honest he has gotten the ball out a lot faster thanks to our ex coordinator.

If it were a fan vote only Alex Smith would be ahead of Rivers but I do have to agree Rivers would likely be in

Though Rodgers would be in I have to say I am more impressed with Stafford especially without Megatron he has been more impressive
                    rivers has 5 int's and 0 fumbles. "he isnt far off from being Eli though to be honest"

he has made some mistakes for sure but eli is playing worse ball right now than rivers ever has. and yes rivers is getting the ball out quicker due to the new system in place, i tried to tell you guys all off season that would happen.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      The argument will be made that Brady has done more with less, and at the end of the day is 5-1 and his name is Brady. Fair or nor Brady will get #2. I think Rivers will get the shaft, because Luck is the hot up and coming name. Yes Rivers won the head to head, but it doesnt matter. Now if Rivers can go 3-1 heck even 2-2 against KC and Den he will be #2 IMO.
                      Rivers is doing a lot with little as well. Also, the chargers will for sure have to keep winning in order for rivers to go to the PB

If the chargers get swept by both the chiefs and broncos, it won't happen.

But if that happened he wouldn't deserve the PB anyways.
                      sigpic

Comment

AFC

1. P. Manning

2. Rivers

3. Brady

NFC

1. Brees

2. Romo

3. Rodgers

I cant argue
                        Originally posted by baphamet
                        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Rivers is doing a lot with little as well. Also, the chargers will for sure have to keep winning in order for rivers to go to the PB

If the chargers get swept by both the chiefs and broncos, it won't happen.

But if that happened he wouldn't deserve the PB anyways.
                          I think this is pretty likely to happen.

Comment

rivers has 5 int's and 0 fumbles. "he isnt far off from being Eli though to be honest"

he has made some mistakes for sure but eli is playing worse ball right now than rivers ever has. and yes rivers is getting the ball out quicker due to the new system in place, i tried to tell you guys all off season that would happen.
                            Doesnt change his frightened turtle performances late in close games.....you know his trademark.
                            Its nice for you fools gold buyers that hes not throwing picks, but lets not kid ourselves.....hes still Phil. Hes still going to crumble like a cracker with a little pressure.

They have a real shot at the playoffs if they can beat KC twice (entirely possible) and split with Denver (ha...sure) but we all know what to expect in those 4 games.

Comment

Yes but on plays when hes had pressure hes turned the ball over 20% of the time. Yes Eli and his 32% is much higher and perhaps I should of said Arizonas QB (combined) who have similar stats. Still my point is that Rivers newly found performance is based on his now impressive O-line and yes the fact he gets the ball out quicker. If he was still playing your teams signature vertical O held probably be having one of the worst turnovers in the game, mostly because he has a history of having one of the worst reactions to pressure each year.
                              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                              X