Philip Rivers is having a pro bowl season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    you proved what...a koolaid thread nobody here ever saw or even looked at...lmao

we all remember your statements...true to form, fish goes flip flop to suite his needs

keep trying fish
    you didnt click the link did you? lol

it was a thread i made that linked to this place, to the thread that proves how i judged QB's back then. i remember that you posted in it several rimes as well so i am positive you remember the details of it.

there was at least 20 different stats relevant to QB's thrown in there.

what do you expect to gain by lying through your teeth so blatantly? a destination to my ignore list?

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      you didnt click the link did you? lol

it was a thread i made that linked to this place, to the thread that proves how i judged QB's back then. i remember that you posted in it several rimes as well so i am positive you remember the details of it.

there was at least 20 different stats relevant to QB's thrown in there.

what do you expect to gain by lying through your teeth so blatantly? a destination to my ignore list?

what you said on the koolaid board trying to set rivers up as one of the best

has no relevance to what you said here in smack
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

no you don't.

the thread doesn't exist here anymore but i did link it in the chargers message board.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=57235

i judge QB's by stats and winning, always have and always will.
        so your saying Rivers is a middle of the road QB now?his winning and td stats would say so...I already showed you why his other stats look good but you chose to ignore them because they didn't go along with what you were trying to get like I said you would so here they are again
        Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        227 of 396 or 57.32 % of Rivers attempts before today were 10 yards or less

102 of 396 or 25.25 % of attempts have been 19 yards or less

53 of 396 or 13.38 of attempts have been 20+

The vast majority of these have been the middle of the field and the easiest spot to throw/less distance 291 of 396 or 73.34%

Now lets look at his actual completions

194 of 281 or 69% of Rivers completions have been 10 yards or less

70 of 281 or 24% have been 19 yards or less

17 of 281 or 6% have been 20 plus

183 of his 281 completions have been the middle of the field or 65%

so he was 194 for 227 on passes 10 yards or shorter 85% completion percentage
        70 of 102 68%

17 of 53 32%

In conclusion he has a weenie arm and cant punch it in the end zone
        Rivers deficiencies are being hidden by a System..great job by your head coach. The Chiefs are going to lock that down and will he be able to go deep on them Like Manning did? I don't think so.
        Originally posted by baphamet
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          what you said on the koolaid board trying to set rivers up as one of the best

has no relevance to what you said here in smack
          He will just deny it again
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• it is his flip flopping way
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              so your saying Rivers is a middle of the road QB now?his winning and td stats would say so...I already showed you why his other stats look good but you chose to ignore them because they didn't go along with what you were trying to get like I said you would so here they are again
              Rivers deficiencies are being hidden by a System..great job by your head coach. The Chiefs are going to lock that down and will he be able to go deep on them Like Manning did? I don't think so.
              i already showed you how manning throws shorter passes on average than rivers does and i also showed you how manning benefits from YAC more than rivers does and you chose to ignore them.

you are just cherry picking stats and coming up with your own concussions. the difference is i don't hold those stats against a QB.

by the way manning doesn't go deep very much either, what the hell are you talking about? most of his passes are short passes, like literally 80% of them lol

yet just rivers benefits from the system he plays in huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                He will just deny it again
                deny what? i know exactly what i said because i made a thread dedicated to how i judge QB's lol

it included all sorts of stats and winning, i even linked a thread i made at the chargers message board referencing it because the one here no longer exists.

it is a QB challenge that compiles a bunch of different stats important to a QB bassed on a point system.
                http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=57235

clearly i didn't consider the stats back then, huh?

if you guys still want to act like i never considered the stats when you had cutler then you are just making yourselves look foolish.

that's nothing new though, is it?
                Last edited by baphamet; 12-04-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• flip flop...fish outta water
                  sigpic

Comment

that has nothing to do with it genius. did you not read the smack forums all off season? did you not see pretty much every broncos fan trash rivers the entire time?
                    Regardless the pro bowl is a joke.
                    It's a popularity contest and the players themselves do not even take the
                    game serious.

By the way, be careful with definitive words like "every."
                    I have a lot of respect for P. Rivers.
                    I've always said the Chargers have a chance as long as they
                    have P. Rivers.

One last thing, Keep Calm and Watch the Broncos in the Playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                      Regardless the pro bowl is a joke.
                      It's a popularity contest and the players themselves do not even take the
                      game serious.

By the way, be careful with definitive words like "every."
                      I have a lot of respect for P. Rivers.
                      I've always said the Chargers have a chance as long as they
                      have P. Rivers.

One last thing, Keep Calm and Watch the Broncos in the Playoffs.

pay him no mind...its bap ..he always over exaggerates everything...if one or two posters called rivers a choker....we all did

if one or two said rivers was done ...we all did

if one of us said tebow was a good qb...we all did

if he takes offense to any statement by a bronco fan...it automatically means we all did or the majority did

its just part of his hand basket of smack...since theres only a few items he just repeats to no end
                      sigpic

Comment

• lets get this thread back on track, shall we?

Rivers is on the downward spiral and falling fast. See Bernie Kosar for a past example of an awkward throwing motion and early carrer success turning into early retirement and a fast fall from grace.
                        Because I was wrong 2 years ago when i said the Chargers window was closing fast? lol how many times they been to the playoffs since?In the weakest division in football to boot. :thumb: I have it book marked too baph. I aint wishy washy about the things I say like somebody we know BTW I made the Bernie Kosar comparison in 2006. It will just get worse next year if you get a new coach and new system. Bernie didn't even make it through the first season with his new coach and he was 28 If i rememeber right.
                        You mean used to have a NFL QB Rivers is done. :thumb:
                        all that was said back in 2011 and this guy still wont find his stones and admit he was wrong.

Comment

lets get this thread back on track, shall we?

all that was said back in 2011 and this guy still wont find his stones and admit he was wrong.
                          What is this thread about? Do you want an apology? Yes Rivers is having Pro Bowl year!
                          You do understand as a reserve he'll be a 3rd string behind Brady and Peyton (starter)!
                          Note: Matt Schaub was a pro bowler last year and Matt Cassel in 2011. Having a Pro Bowl season is important!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            What is this thread about? Do you want an apology? Yes Rivers is having Pro Bowl year!
                            You do understand as a reserve he'll be a 3rd string behind Brady and Peyton (starter)!
                            Note: Matt Schaub was a pro bowler last year and Matt Cassel in 2011. Having a Pro Bowl season is important!
                            i thought it was pretty clear what the post you quoted was about

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              yes ye you see ...now having enough yards to get some probowl votes is how we judge a qbs worth

wins and losses is ancient history...yards and stats between the 20's is the new W
                              sigpic

Comment

i thought it was pretty clear what the post you quoted was about
                                I just don't get baphs why you want to keep pushing Phillip Rivers in our face! He's a good quarterback move on bro!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X