No announcement yet.

Elway Vs Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you guys feel more comfortable with Elway under center going into the playoffs this year vs Peyton Manning?
    Why, why not?
    Do you think sometimes John's teeth got in his way like Mannings peanut shaped thin skinned forehead gets in his way which seems to get easily bruised with simple internal foam pressure from his helmet?
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      I'll explain this to you once, I'm a Denver Broncos fan & have been for most if my life. I didn't come here because of Tebow or Manning. Being a Broncos not a Manning fan a Broncos fan obviously I think Elway was the best there was, so I like your points. I made this thread because I had a guy on this board tell Manning is better than Elway & more clutch. He said and I quote the only thing Elway did that was clutch was the helicopter spin & that Manning has more 4th quarter comebacks. So I made this thread to see where everyone stood. So now I need you to go look in the mirror and say I norings was lost but Elway helped me find my way.
      There are still some level headed Bronco fans around that haven't gotten all euphoric about Manning yet cause the reality is he hasn't done squat for your team in the playoffs....granted this is only his second season with the Broncos and he's doing exceptionally well in the regular season but I don't blame you level heads for having grave concern about this dude in the post season all things considered.
      Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
        There are still some level headed Bronco fans around that haven't gotten all euphoric about Manning yet cause the reality is he hasn't done squat for your team in the playoffs....granted this is only his second season with the Broncos and he's doing exceptionally well in the regular season but I don't blame you level heads for having grave concern about this dude in the post season all things considered.
        I just know in the end of Mannings career a lot of these people will be gone, I'll still be here wearing my Elway jersey. No offense on the Fouts comments, I watched him a lot, Chandler, Joiner, Muncie, Brooks, & Kellen Sr some if the best Charger teams ever.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
          Would you guys feel more comfortable with Elway under center going into the playoffs this year vs Peyton Manning?
          Why, why not?
          Do you think sometimes John's teeth got in his way like Mannings peanut shaped thin skinned forehead gets in his way which seems to get easily bruised with simple internal foam pressure from his helmet?

i still say manning is/was better than elway was, unless you only compare the playoffs which i think its kind of dumb to be honest.

elway had mediocre seasons where manning has pretty much just dominated almost every year. in the playoffs? sure i would take elway over manning, assuming i had a great team around him first of course.

its not like elway could win a ring without it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            Would you rank Stan Humphries ahead of Dan Fouts and Rivers?
            ( baphs you need to help him on this one! He probably doesn't know who Humphries is)
            no i would not. you can't just judge QB's just by winning or just by stats IMO.

elway was a great QB no doubt about it, but he didn't dominate the NFL like peyton has. manning has the stats, the consistency, the win/loss ratio...........the only knock on him is he and his teams have underachieved in the playoffs, even though he is a SB champion.

that's why i say if he wins a ring in Denver that will pretty much seal the deal as him being the best ever. 2 rings with two different teams (something no QB has ever done) trumps any post season underachieving his teams have ever had IMO

that said, if he doesn't win one in Denver? that may tarnish his legacy a little bit considering the team that has been build around him with the weapons he has and how good his team has been on offense this year especially.

there is absolutely no reason he should not get at least one ring in Denver barring injury.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              no i would not. you can't just judge QB's just by winning or just by stats IMO.

elway was a great QB no doubt about it, but he didn't dominate the NFL like peyton has. manning has the stats, the consistency, the win/loss ratio...........the only knock on him is he and his teams have underachieved in the playoffs, even though he is a SB champion.

that's why i say if he wins a ring in Denver that will pretty much seal the deal as him being the best ever. 2 rings with two different teams (something no QB has ever done) trumps any post season underachieving his teams have ever had IMO

that said, if he doesn't win one in Denver? that may tarnish his legacy a little bit considering the team that has been build around him with the weapons he has and how good his team has been on offense this year especially.

there is absolutely no reason he should not get at least one ring in Denver barring injury.
              Elway never had a M Harrison, R Wayne, D Thomas ect. On top of that Dan Reeves really held Elway back. Elway was money when it mattered. Peyton needs one more to put himself in the conversation in my opinion. I mean Marino may be one of the best, but he doesn't get considered cause he never won it all.

Comment

Working...
              X